What's the best equipment for spellcaster PCs?

slow worm

Oct 29, 2016
Like the title says, I want to play as a black mage PC and I'm unsure of the best equipment/weapons. One of the best high level choices according to the wiki is locked behind the entirety of Kiyoko&Kinu's content, making it inaccessible for me as I'm not interested in Kiyoko.

What's good alternatives for the Control Rod? What other high-level equipment that favors magic users is there, and those of you who play as magic-main PCs, what do you like to use?

Iacs

Aug 6, 2021
mage equipment.jpg

I'm max level white mage that recently completed Lumia's quest that allowed to replace Witch's Corset that was used whole game, but generally equipment for black mage should not be too different, because required stats are the same. For weapons try Flametongue Blade + Bull totem from Khor'minos shops, all other items are quest based, and their location can be found in wiki.

Have yet to find any worthy amulet, so War Amulet from Ivris's shop remains only option.

SeveringCrisis

May 24, 2018
The equipment I typically use are control rod with bull totem (or cloudforger if i'm spellblading)
Armor is Tiran Vestment
Reagent pouch from magic store in khor'minos
Weedwalkers from Hethia's quest (available after the ghost dungeon in winter city)
Titanic hat has highest spellpower boost for helmets but only by 2 points, Winter Crown is better if you use the encounter power given by it.
Regal Kimono is also good but requires giving birth to Tetsuya's child or save edit.