Appreciation Callout (Kalysea Spoiler Warning)

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
For as loud as I have been about my personal content preferences, I thought it would be really bad taste not to show appreciation where appropriate. Kalysea's content + good end is perfectly debauched in all the right ways. Imho, good writing involves the author not only entertaining the reader, but pulling off a narrative voice that does not constantly pull your attention to the fact that it is writing - you focus entirely on what's being described instead of the work's style pulling you back to remember you are engaging with a medium. Most of the writers in this project pull that off 90% of the time, Wsan obviously hitting the mark.

It's been critisized as a negative, but I love the fact that Kalysea just expects the PC to serve right after giving the second item. It is strong characterization, and the first red flag that she might be dangerous to the independently minded.

I love the perversion in her expecting the PC to take serving her as a reward becasue it speaks to how she really sees the PC and the hidden intentions she has.

The "Training" scenes are peak sub/dom smut.

The very concept of the ring + gorget chain is deeply perverse.

Ending up as a glorified magic battery and the implication that the aim was her intention all along is testament to Kalysea's lewd villainy.

The only negative I'll put here is agreement with a comment from the main page where Bluevirus comments on more travelling scenes. I don't think He/she was asking for a prolonged state change for the PC. They were commenting on how quickly the PC becomes corrupted by Kalysea's wishes and saying it would have been better if their resistances fell away over a longer period of time across more scenes. They weren't asking for new state requirements of the code, just more corruption over time debauchery and repeatable scenes based on the corruption. More of what the author is quite good at writing. When it comes to corruption storylines, the journey is the destination - the buildup of change for the pc over time more important in a lot of ways than the payoff. The contrast of how the subject character started versus how they end is the meat of the meal - and there is nothing to eat if they are identical images.

Thanks again to Wsan for the work he does for the project. To me specifically the futa dommes. Kalysea and her bad end are now my favorites right alongside Jerryn from TiTs. Her score is easily GiantHorseCock/10.

I have not ingratiated myself on these forums. I have not hidden my unpopular opinions and respond in kind when attacked or misrepresented. I don't want the things I appreciate to go unsaid though. Big thumbs up to the team and the writers, not just for the things laid out here, but for the whole game. There's a lot of care that clearly goes into the design and the worldbuilding. That's not to say that it's perfect. It is to say that the care leads to better quality overall whether it's perfect or not.

If there's appreciation you as a reader want to give for anything specific about the game, the floor is yours.

Last edited:

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
is kalysea sinister?
I feel like saying "It's a matter of perspective" is a cop-out platitude, but it is true in this case.

By the text of the story, she uses the power she gets from the player to fight the demons and begins recruiting others for that goal. Her abilities post good-end are nothing to sneeze at either. In context - she uses the PC to fight against the primary evil. However, her means and interests are directly opposed to the player having agency. For her to achieve her goals, she literally shackles the PC to her penis. She took an opportunity to use the power in magical metal items and didn't exactly use it to craft matching friendship bracelets.

Given her intention the moment she meets you to carry out that exact plan, the fact that she buries the lead and conceals her full intention to usurp the player's agency and then uses the PC as a glorified cock-cozy/magical catalyst, I'd classify her as sinister - even if her aims are ostensibly good. All the more sinister when you consider the purple mist/musk is almost certainly some form of brainwashing magic, which means the in-game reason the PC falls for her is because they are magically induced to. The consent they give is not really freely given or unalloyed.

However if you're into that sort of thing and just think fighting the demons is the only good that really matters, then no. Not really. She's just a ton of fun.

Last edited:

Medge

Dec 23, 2015
Shout out to this game's editor(s)!
Mad props to those spellcheckers!
There's so much text and options and variants to go through.
Those guys (gals, and other) are amazing.
Whoever they are.
Agreed. I think its easy to take for granted what kind of work goes into the writing, the coding, the editing the design, etc. But it's a monumental task, and they pull it off.

PuppyPrincess

May 13, 2017
Pretty much any new stuff from Alypia and Wsan is always my favourite thing to see in patch notes as both their content and writing style ticks a lot of boxes for me.

I love Wsan's stuff particularly on the kinky side of things. I'm already a mess for dommes but he made me really like the whole centaur futa domme thing as well. Mara, Oralith, Maia, Evelyn and Rinaaaaaa are all amazing!

Kalysea is really good as well - the training scenes were great, the whole chained to her cock thing and asking for meals from her were depraved but <3 but I do wish there was another training trip before the awesome bad end.

In contrast, Alypia's my go to for wholesome content - you get the cuddling, the pet names, the soft moments and you get railed after! It's the best <3
I particularly like her scenes for Ryn and Annika made me blush when I first did her content!