Things that are either extremely unlikely or impossible to happen in CoC 2

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Lusamine getting an update
Yes please.

You can tell that more was planned for the character. The "flirt" interactions in the Frost Hound obviously feel like they're building up to something but once you trigger Lusamine's little outburst in the bar it just stops progressing. Shame.

Reactions: Ker0k and Krillish

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
Yes please.

You can tell that more was planned for the character. The "flirt" interactions in the Frost Hound obviously feel like they're building up to something but once you trigger Lusamine's little outburst in the bar it just stops progressing. Shame.
Well yeah, BubbleLord had a ton of stuff planned for all the mercenaries before he vanished. If you dig far enough back in the forums and discord you can piece together what his general plan was.

Something will have to be done about them eventually. Time will tell if that's outright removal or if one of the other writers has to bite the bullet and write their own ending to that subplot.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Thanks to ...some stuff, I am completly out of the loop and just recently returned to CoC2.

It seems BubbleLord is gone. Is there any sort of information why? Or did he just vanished for no (publicly known) reason?
Are any plans for his content known?

It also seems that the creators became less active here? Or is this just a coincidence?

I have only visited this forum for around 3 days and it feels ..really different from what I remember.

Did I miss anything else in my 6 month absence?
I wonder if I manage tos tay for a longer time this time around =(

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
It seems BubbleLord is gone. Is there any sort of information why? Or did he just vanished for no (publicly known) reason?
Are any plans for his content known?

It also seems that the creators became less active here? Or is this just a coincidence?

I can't say for absolute sure, but i think i've read somewhere that Bubble is still in contact with the rest of the dev team, they're just "really busy".

As for the second question, the devs are mostly active in the game's public discord these days, but they're still around.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
I can't say for absolute sure, but i think i've read somewhere that Bubble is still in contact with the rest of the dev team, they're just "really busy".
Mhm, thank you for the information. I/we will have to wait and see, I guess. Time to fall into the worst sin of all - patience!

As for the second question, the devs are mostly active in the game's public discord these days, but they're still around.
I see. Too bad, I don't really like busy channels, hard to follow sometimes. Everything moves too fast for someone who has limited time to take a look. ^^'
Always preferred the slowness of forums over busy chatrooms.
But I do remember that the forums can also be a rather negative place, full of criticism and less encouragement.

Shiny Boots

Mar 28, 2021
You will never bed someone blood related.
Half of the NPCs I come across either already do or at the very least fantasize about it.

But I recall that even before the Patreon issue a bunch of writers just got burnt out on incest back during the CoC1 days. Memory goes to Helspawn, a salamander daughter you could have.

I think people got really annoying about it because Savin just dropped the incest plot and moved on and in another game tied to the CoC setting, Fall of Eden, you end up meeting Helspawn's granddaughter who explains that Helspawn ran away from her parents, the reason stated being that they were grooming her.

Before people get concerned, Fall of Eden was abandoned and if any of it's still canon, I doubt setting the Champion of CoC1 and Helia as corrupted groomers as the definitive versions is something any of the active members would care for.

the power of friendship is nonexistent, looking at you every JRPG ever.
A LOT of Cait's dialogue makes it seem like the power of friendship exists lol Even if it is just text.

Shiny Boots

Mar 28, 2021
especially when one writer wants to bring back a god from the previous game just to have them job like a loser to his favoured fox people (and was even planning on having Kiyoko absorb his power to boot).
Excuse me, what?

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Not being able to use the Cov Truth bomb sucks major dick, they can't keep getting away with this! Getting on their power lvl would be nice but sets things up for a power creep problem narrative-wise (they could handle it like how BG3 handles Gale), or they could go the Godslayer/Kratos route where we find a MacGuffin that allows us to take a couple of heads (Ancient Belhar knowledge or Jotun secrets or Old God weapons), or give us a route where we just spread the truth that turns half the population into atheists.
Just give me something

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Not being able to use the Cov Truth bomb sucks major dick, they can't keep getting away with this! Getting on their power lvl would be nice but sets things up for a power creep problem narrative-wise (they could handle it like how BG3 handles Gale), or they could go the Godslayer/Kratos route where we find a MacGuffin that allows us to take a couple of heads (Ancient Belhar knowledge or Jotun secrets or Old God weapons), or give us a route where we just spread the truth that turns half the population into atheists.
Just give me something
My thoughts when I consider that, from an in-world perspective;
What makes you think you could even utter or write it down? The fact that it's now a secret inside you makes it the domain of Nereva. That means she has a divine mandate to it. You don't have to agree, but if there was a chance of you just blurting it out, you'd probably be ended, easily. It would benefit the world in no significant way and would likely cause immense harm and division and a time when the world is being invaded. Gods do exist, they are powerful, and there are things that aren't gods, that are just as powerful.

I am not opposed to the idea, from the point of view of you wanting that Champ to do something that would impact the world potentially, but I don't think it would be in a good way narratively (at this point). Maybe it will come into play later, when it's impactful and exciting.

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Facts, but I mean that we use it in some way that is major or at least builds up to something major, like unlocking another route or something of that nature. From an in-world perspective unification through deceit isn't that far from Soul suckers honestly conquering land; both are foes but the former is far more insidious since they have far more impact and reach.

Also Quinn not getting his character-focused down or Exile Arona being unique will never happen.

FalloutWeirdo

Aug 6, 2020
My thoughts when I consider that, from an in-world perspective;
What makes you think you could even utter or write it down? The fact that it's now a secret inside you makes it the domain of Nereva. That means she has a divine mandate to it. You don't have to agree, but if there was a chance of you just blurting it out, you'd probably be ended, easily. It would benefit the world in no significant way and would likely cause immense harm and division and a time when the world is being invaded. Gods do exist, they are powerful, and there are things that aren't gods, that are just as powerful.

I am not opposed to the idea, from the point of view of you wanting that Champ to do something that would impact the world potentially, but I don't think it would be in a good way narratively (at this point). Maybe it will come into play later, when it's impactful and exciting.
I think the reason for wanting to reveal the info or fight them boils down to a simple truth, at least for me, I don't like authority, gods of that level seem tyrannical and I want to break their knees, just like I would wish to for a dictator who thinks I am beneath him, utterly incapable of damaging him or letting others know the truth, I want more deeply than any sexual urge or fantasy to at the very least make him cope and seethe. I want to see smug dictators cry.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
I think the reason for wanting to reveal the info or fight them boils down to a simple truth, at least for me, I don't like authority, gods of that level seem tyrannical and I want to break their knees, just like I would wish to for a dictator who thinks I am beneath him, utterly incapable of damaging him or letting others know the truth, I want more deeply than any sexual urge or fantasy to at the very least make him cope and seethe. I want to see smug dictators cry.
But none of the gods actively rule over anyone or really do anything outside of leading small groups of their closest followers. What have any of them done that's tyrannical?

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
But none of the gods actively rule over anyone or really do anything outside of leading small groups of their closest followers. What have any of them done that's tyrannical?
Keeping two souls trapped in limbo for centuries presumably with intentions of keeping them forever, forcing a people to worship her at effectively the point of a sword causing a schism between those people that would lead to many deaths, punishing a woman with unwanted immortality for a horrible tradgedy that wasn't her fault. Y'know just a couple things.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Keeping two souls trapped in limbo for centuries presumably with intentions of keeping them forever, forcing a people to worship her at effectively the point of a sword causing a schism between those people that would lead to many deaths, punishing a woman with unwanted immortality for a horrible tradgedy that wasn't her fault. Y'know just a couple things.
You're entitled to your opinion. I view it differently. I don't think you're viewing it correctly. You're looking at it like a human with a very narrow, self-centered mindset. Where do you think their souls would have gone? To Tira? What do you think they would be doing? They aren't in Limbo. They are in their own paradise, crafted specifically for them in a place where they were happy, healthy, in the primes of their life, with food, servants, celebration, and together. The truth is that Nareva has full rights and power and domain over the secret technique that the prince developed, because he never shared it. That and she was the patron deity of Tychris, their race, and their royal line regardless.

Spoiler text, mostly for space saving.
The only reason his sister was there, was to make them both happy until such a time as that secret could be shared when it would help the world. She could have just locked him in a cell for hundreds of years basically or had him on ice, or just kept the knowledge and let their souls pass on to Obliivion, but that would have meant hundreds or thousands of years before someone was able to replicate it (probably never). They then have a chance at an existence better than they could have hoped otherwise (where he can be a teacher and she can take the fight to enemies in the real world at your side, when she never got to even lift a blade before she died), but that depends on you and your actions.

That's because Nereva is a god-like entity that looks beyond the 30–50 years that you can focus on and knows that the knowledge will be needed far off into the future when a new invasion or danger to the entire world occurs. She also might feel a little bad because of what happened to them, and that's okay. She did what she could at the time. She's probably a lot more powerful now. Someone who exists for longer than a mortal's lifespan, and who is beholden to aspects that no mortal ever could/should be cannot be bound by the morals of those creatures anymore than humanity bound its cultures and growth to the way ants or herds of cows live their lives. You're like a cow telling a human how humans should just follow the herd and get milked and butchered as predators and nature decree, but that's not how humanity works, and humanity is not how divinity (or even demon-icity, in the case of creatures like Wraiths or Kasyrra) works.

Nereva could just show up and say "Here's a technique and secret no one ever shared in the world ever! And here's ancient lost knowledge and forgotten magics and spells!" and pass secrets out like candy, but that's not what a God of Secrets does. That's not even necessarily her choice or ruling, it's an aspect her followers and people have evolved and placed on her (possibly before she ever even existed as she is). People would stop striving to seek out or develop new knowledges if they thought they'd just get it handed down from on high. You want something that she possesses, controls, has domain over and every right by divine mandate (whether you agree with how mandates work or are determined), then you need to work for it. You have to delve for that secret and fight her for it tooth and claw.

Komari's punishment also isn't what you think. It's her own and her peoples' code of honor that demands punishment. The uniqueness of it is something only a being like Keros could do. Without his intervention, she likely would have killed herself, or died hundreds of years ago carrying the stain of dishonor on herself, and her family, with little chance of ever erasing or mitigating it (Where would they be if she wasn't being 'punished' as Colonial Governor).

They know it isn't 'her fault' but it was still her duty. Nobody put that on kitsune except themselves and their culture. They developed their culture, honor, laws, government, and status hierarchy all on their own. Keros may have banged his concubines and created the original clans, but he didn't force them to elevate or worship or serve them. It is her honor, duty, and obligation to not only receive punishment, but to accept the punishment deemed fitting by her superiors. It likely would have been much shorter and brutal (in Western culture's mind) had it been left to a Governor or head of a Clan or even the Emperor. Only Keros' decision (which couldn't be overruled) for the form of punishment allowed for her to serve and benefit his people in a savage land, but maybe even save the entire world when needed.

The only aspect of their culture Keros might have influenced was their Law of Reciprocity after the Gods War, when he foresaw what might be needed in the future, which was mutually working with other races and cultures. Which actually made them more able to interact with others, since they were obligated to give back and interact amicably with those they feed on or receive service from. Komari needed to be punished, to her own honor and her people. You can try and tell her and explain all the rationalizations as to why she is blameless but she won't even believe you, because you are inherently wrong about the reasons and are disregarding her own culture and beliefs to replace them with yours. It's like you're walking into a person's house in Japan with your dirty, outside shoes on and telling them not to be upset about it because you do that in your own home and it's more convenient for you and makes you feel good to trod upon others carpets.

As a god, Keros knew a time would come when his people would be needed, and I think he knew Kiyoko was in his Astral realm (whatever he hints at) and that a Champion would make the effort to free her. He knew Komari's service was not complete. He knew Kiyoko would need someone from her past to give her a connection to the world of the future and someone who had a reason to strive and work to redeem herself would be needed (you think Nakano would mobilize his forces to help anyone else until it was too late?) It's the Champ that ultimately decides that they want Kiyoko freed, and Keros wants Kiyoko to have a child for whatever divine reasons he foresees in the future (even if that's just an NPC The Observer wants in CoC 3). So you have to do it (or you don't).

Komari's immortality is both punishment and prudent, because it allows her to serve and also gives a reason for her to be there when the time comes that the world is in danger, not figurative danger or a crisis of conscience or faith. An actual danger to the lives and souls (at least the races with souls) of every creature and the very fabric of Savarra. He couldn't just make her immortal and not make it a punishment, because she needed to be punished, in her own heart. She could never have looked at it as a gift or blessing, in any way, especially when she felt unworthy. It had to be a punishment. Yes, it was hard, but like someone sentenced to life in prison, you can either die inside or work to better yourself and even if you don't ever get out like a normal person, use your knowledge to help others either inside or outside. Keros, being a divine being with knowledge you don't have and a mindset of hundreds to thousands of years sees things and has morality you can't comprehend or impose on him without revealing an inherent conceit and entitlement. You don't live his existence, you don't know the culture of his people.

I get it, if the option to 'blow the lid off' everything was there, I'd consider it, but not based on what's been offered as reasons so far. I don't personally feel it would benefit the world, at least not at this stage of it being in danger of demonic enslavement. If I wanted to help Kasyrra and cause a massive schism, I would. I can see why you want to, but mostly it feels like your reasons are that you want the gods to be tiny little grubs kneeling in the palm of your hands and looking up at you with big eyes and clasped fingers and pleadingly saying things like, "Please, Champion! For the good of Savarra!"
I like that thought too, as a power fantasy, but it also has to serve the story and game and plot.

Last edited:

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
You're entitled to your opinion. I view it differently. I don't think you're viewing it correctly. You're looking at it like a human with a very narrow, self-centered mindset.
No I'm looking at it objectively. These are things that they did, point blank, period, end of discussion. Now you can use whatever mental gymnastics you want to try and justify their actions but frankly I don't give a shit. They may not be totally malicious but they are not innocent.

Necros

Nov 23, 2020
Yeah gonna disagree.

First Nareva.

I very much dislike the whole "goddess of secrets" shtick. I firmly believe if someone has access to knowledge that can actively improve lives of many, that knowledge should be shared otherwise i consider it act of gross negligence or just out right malice.
Who knows how much lost knowledge Nareva has hoarded. If she started to share it, be it steel forging, magic, medice, or just lost knowledge from pre wraith war. Maybe star with disciples teach them afterwards start schools with disciples as teachers. Nareva clearly has the power, time, and as a goddess could press the kingdom to support her wishes to do it. If whole secrets domain is at fault, 200 years are plenty to slowly rebrand into just goddess of knowledge. But no, she just hoards and her organisation just pesters magicians too powerfull.

Not to mention the convocation thing. Keeping someone alive in dreamlike state forever, sounds just cruel to me. Even if she found way to fix the twins, they would have nothing to come back to. Their home is gone, family long dead, everything they knew gone. It would be better just to let them pass and preserve and shgare the knowledge to honor them.

Now to Keros.

Kitsune culture is toxic, there i said it. The isolationism, the whole "ancestors did something stupid/ failed to do something, now future generation, that had nothing to do with it, need to redeem themselves", punishment for failure. Keros could have influenced them to open up, show everyone that Kitsune aren't just soul sucking monsters. Make sure people aren't help accountable for shit their long dead ancestor did. But No being a trickster is just well for him.

Overall i still see the gods as nothing more than parasites feeding on worship and souls?(not sure about this one, or how afterlife works in this setting),they are just doing it smarter than initially.
Otherwise gods haven't done anything significant to really warrant the trust.

Given i'm not lore expert, all of this is based on what i read and/or remember. So feel free to correct me.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
First Nareva.

I very much dislike the whole "goddess of secrets" shtick. I firmly believe if someone has access to knowledge that can actively improve lives of many, that knowledge should be shared otherwise i consider it act of gross negligence or just out right malice.
Unfortunately, she is the Goddess of Secrets (and other things). It's not a schtick. It's what she is. She isn't the Goddess of Secrets just because it's a lark, like she were adding "boop-boopi-doop" to the end of all her sentences or twirling her hair around her finger. Just like Kinu (farmgirl) might not want to be a princess or high-born or looked to by her people as a leader, but she is. It's what she is and she can rail against it, but it's fundamentally what she will be viewed as, whether she wants to follow it or not. Nereva might not want to be what she is, but she is because of peoples' belief and devotion and intense desires. She was crafted as much as Nereva crafted the salamander race or her avatars.

If she didn't exist, that knowledge would still be lost. It would be gone forever. She preserves the knowledge, the secrets, the lost lore and desires. It's there for those who strive for it. Who show dedication, drive, motivation, and even a little obsession at times. She isn't keeping it from the world, she is keeping it safe for the world, but just like you don't give a nuclear weapon to an infant or someone who hasn't worked and lost and suffered to obtain it, you don't unleash all knowledge and secrets on the world, or even to your followers just because they worship you. In order to worship her, you should be striving and working and creating and developing with her using gentle nudges, hints, and guidance. Just like she does to the Champ, when they have to pry it from her black, manicured claws.
Who knows how much lost knowledge Nareva has hoarded?
She does, but it's a secret.
If she started to share it, be it steel forging, magic, medice, or just lost knowledge from pre wraith war.
Who would she give it to? Everyone, all around the world? Then now you have nations (because not everyone will be able to make steel, even with the knowledge, because they don't have the right iron, or carbon, or structure to build the forges. Now countries or cultures or races that were held in balance because the bronze age weaponry of their neighbors sweep down and conquer, subjugate, possibly even decimate entire nations or peoples. Guess what that leads to: loss of culture, loss of knowledge, loss of history; stories, poems, architecture, songs, even recipes passed from mother to daughter. And where does all that go without someone to keep it safe and remembered? Oblivion.
If whole secrets domain is at fault, 200 years are plenty to slowly rebrand into just goddess of knowledge.
10,000+ years is plenty of time for humans to learn to work together and live in peace. It's not how it works. Especially since some of that knowledge is dangerous, like portal magic, making magical stones of power that warp and corrupt their users, advancing a culture too quickly.
But no, she just hoards and her organisation just pesters magicians too powerfull.
Her order hunts down mages dealing with overly-powerful magics or world-altering magic. They might be overzealous or occasionally stormtrooper-like as they investigate, but someone able to manipulate and move massive structures via the Ways Between or open portals or warp the bodies and souls of normal creatures without transformative alchemy is worth investigating, and possibly stopping. They weren't kicking in Ivris' alchemy shop doors and stomping on all her magical milky-boob and penis-growing fruits.
Not to mention the convocation thing. Keeping someone alive in dreamlike state forever, sounds just cruel to me.
What do you think death is like normally? She's not keeping them alive. They are dead. She's keeping their consciousness and learning and essence alive. She's keeping alive that which was (Ander's) goal and life and desire and greatest accomplishment and giving him the opportunity to see it come to fruition, to see it grow, to see it possibly used to save the very world. His sister was a by-product and casualty, but the alternative is not better. She never got to lift her sword or face her foes. Now she can (but that's your choice, not Nereva's, she only created an opportunity).

Last edited: