Re:Nimin, A Nimin Remake in the works!

Kyravisualnovels

Nov 29, 2023
Hey guys so I'm working on a remake of Nimin called Re:Nimin. Right now I am just adapting the old Flash game to React/Typescript.

You can see more information on my Patreon here! You can see more information on my Patreon here!

I also attached a screenshot just the very very beginning with some clicks. I hope you all like it!

I want to note the overall look is very liable to change, and I am going to reorganize the buttons along the bottom.

chrome-capture-2023-11-29.gif

Diarmait

Nov 3, 2015
Oh god, please tell me you are changing that background! That pink is HIDEIOUS!
I have to agree. That is an obnoxious color in this regard. Aside from that, hopefully this goes well as it was one of the games I enjoy years ago. Honestly wish it was still in production, but maybe this will turn out well.

Kyravisualnovels

Nov 29, 2023
Yeah it doesn't have to be pink. I'm really not great with colors so I just picked a random one, but I think in the version I release I'll just follow the guidelines for marterial-ui or android or something like that.

Reactions: Diarmait

Diarmait

Nov 3, 2015
Yeah it doesn't have to be pink. I'm really not great with colors so I just picked a random one, but I think in the version I release I'll just follow the guidelines for marterial-ui or android or something like that.
Honestly if there's a way to make it customizable, that'd probably be better. If not, then ya, follow the guidelines.

Kyravisualnovels

Nov 29, 2023
Nimin
https://kyravisualnovels.itch.io/renimin

Password
reniminversionalpha

I've been working on this in my free time for quite some time. This is not a complete Nimin, but maybe comparable to an early Alpha? When you play this game, please expect to encounter some errors.

Major Changes:​

• Both Malon and Lila will experience breast expansion during the game
  • Malon
    • I'm killing off the farmer eventually.
    • Malon will become a companion on your travels
    • Once the farmer has died, the farm will become your home base. When you recruit a new character, they will head to the farm.
  • Lila has been majorly reworked.
    1. I'm making Lila's canon age 22, and changing the way she spoke so she speaks more normally now.
    2. I have retained a focus on Lila's lactation
    3. I intend for Lila to become your first companion on your travels

Major Functionality Missing:​

1. Errors
    1. Please EXPECT many errors to occur during play-through
  2. Battling
    1. Fighting is not implemented at all. I want to rework the battles from the ground up so that it's easier to handle on the coding side.
    2. None of the weapons/armor is implemented.
  3. Exploration
    1. Exploration is not implemented at all either. This will also be reworked. I will be adding a map system. My idea to add a hexagonal board between areas, but I have to test how feasible this is. Think Settlers of Ca-tan.
  4. The following buttons do NOT work
    1. Stash
    2. Daycare
    3. Explore
    4. Alchemy
  5. Only the general store is available
    1. Alchemy is not available
  6. Items
    1. A LOT of items are not implemented.
    2. There are a lot of items that are missing because they related to either battle or exploration. It will be a while before every single item is implemented.
Please let me know about any errors or inconveniences you come across while playing the game. This will help me improve the things that people care about most first.

I'll come back and add the link to the github later!

Reactions: Diarmait

Diarmait

Nov 3, 2015
Any progress on something is good progress, even if it's small. Keep at it and it will get there. Also on a side note, always nice to see another fan of Catan.