How have you been lately?

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018
Just felt like asking. I've had some positives and negatives over the past week or two. Hopefully it doesn't sound like I'm trying to make a pity party for myself.

So how have you been?

Last edited:

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
Overall, not too bad. I really stalled on my TiTS work since I finished Lorelei, and it's been hanging over me like a stink, but I've gotten a lot of work done on some personal projects, so that's nice. I've been thinking of trying my hand again at publishing, but to do that, I'm going to need to rewrite one of my manuscripts, which is going to be between 60k and 80k words. Honestly, it should be pretty easy compared to writing in pseudo-code for TiTS, but it's still a pretty big timesink. Lots to do, not a lot of time to do it!
Thanks for asking. How are you?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
IRL pretty good. OL pretty slow. Too many ideas, too little time. Procastination and writer's constipation.

At least I've got a quest now to lube up the gears.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
I've been fucking exhausted. Sadly, not exhausted from fucking, but from the book I'm writing. I've been working on it since Sunday, and the damn thing is flying out of my head. Tonight was the second night so far I've hit over 4000 words in a single session. But fuck, this is draining. It's going well and I like it so far, though I already know places where it's gonna need edits, but I'm just hoping I can finish the thing before I completely collapse.

And first drafts usually take me about a month. :eek:

Reactions: Evil

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Been stressed out by work and school. As well as... lingering issues. Old wounds and such that are being a bitch and a half to keep closed and heal.

But I'm trying to use this as a way to better myself. To improve, and to be able to handle situations like this better so that if something like it happens again, then hopefully it wont hurt as much.

Thankfully I've got a bunch of really supportive friends who have been my lifeline in this rollercoaster of the past 365 days. With them helping me, I just might make it.

Even so, I've got a long way to go. Wish me luck. Cuz lord knows I'll need it.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Also, wtf, guys?!?! It took yall 3 fucking weeks to notice this thread and respond?!? I get that General is usually a ghost town, but come the fuck on!

Natetheman223

Apr 18, 2018
Also, wtf, guys?!?! It took yall 3 fucking weeks to notice this thread and respond?!? I get that General is usually a ghost town, but come the fuck on!

Nah, I'm used to it. I've been up and down lately. From Vanae Matrons being declined (which was expected as it was my first project, though it still hurt) to more of Badger's lab content getting in (which made me super duper happy, holy bejeezus), to my wisdom teeth being pulled, to other life things, my feelings have really been like a rollercoaster. Or an elevator. Or literally anything that is capable of traveling upwards or downwards.

Lately I've been quiet on here, because plenty of people think I'm shit at writing. I feel like a lot of people just see "Nate" and forget there's a "man" there, too.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Lately I've been quiet on here, because plenty of people think I'm shit at writing. I feel like a lot of people just see "Nate" and forget there's a "man" there, too.
I'm sorry man. I for one really like the good doctor!

my wisdom teeth being pulled,
Yeah, that sucks. Especially for me, cuz something got fucked up, and now the top layer of flesh on the front half of my tongue is numb. The interior is ok, cuz I can still move it and feel it if I bite down on it, but the top layer, along with the taste buds, are just numb. Thankfully the back half is intact. It's been gotten ever so slightly better since it happened like 3 or years ago, so who knows: maybe some day I'll have my whole tongue back.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
my wisdom teeth being pulled

Had that done two years ago, fucking sucks since I developed TMJ, I'm stuck with tension headaches due to said tmj, lucky for me I found a natural way to control those symptoms, cayenne pepper and cinnamon pills.

Heck I recently started posting here again been too distracted with RL to really stick around or focus here or other places I used to hang out on the interweb. I mainly blame it on what I wrote above it really fucked with my life, surprising how such a small thing affects you in multiple ways.