Question about butt bugs

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
@Preacher it says there may be more "undiscovered species" of butt bugs out there. Is that just flavor text, or is there a secret unlisted one, or something?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
An expansion to butt bugs is in the noggin, yes. I will try to add at least one other native to Tarkus butt bug species, one native to the scything glade and is armored in metal chitin which will not be as easy to defeat as the first. That sentence is also there so that it is open for other writers to try and add a species of their own.

I also plan on an infestation system once all that is in. Laid fertilized eggs on a planet other than Tarkus and left them there? Get ready for new tougher worm fights and new exotic never before seen parasite variants coming along hand in hand. I want there to be consequences to introducing the hilinara parasites to other planets. Consequences that the player may end up liking and provoke curiosity to find out what else these things can rapidly evolve into.

Last edited:

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
An expansion to butt bugs is in the noggin, yes. I will try to add at least one other native to Tarkus butt bug species, one native to the scything glade and is armored in metal chitin which will not be as easy to defeat as the first. That sentence is also there so that it is open for other writers to try and add a species of their own.

I also plan on an infestation system once all that is in. Laid fertilized eggs on a planet other than Tarkus and left them there? Get ready for new tougher worm fights and new exotic never before seen species new parasite variants coming along hand in hand. I want there to be consequences to introducing the hilinara parasites to other planets. Consequences that the player may end up liking and provoke curiosity to find out what else these things can rapidly evolve into.
Holy shit! That's fucking awesome! And it sounds like itll only take 10 years to finish!

Lol, I kid, I kid.

But seriously, fingers crossed that all goes well for ya, man! That would be an amazing addition to the game!

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018

I also plan on an infestation system once all that is in. Laid fertilized eggs on a planet other than Tarkus and left them there? Get ready for new tougher worm fights and new exotic never before seen parasite variants coming along hand in hand. I want there to be consequences to introducing the hilinara parasites to other planets. Consequences that the player may end up liking and provoke curiosity to find out what else these things can rapidly evolve into.

If you do one on UVETO you just have to call it the SNOW PIERCER! (see the movie for reference)

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
If you do one on UVETO you just have to call it the SNOW PIERCER! (see the movie for reference)
I just might. Good idea. It's fun to speculate on things like this but it's still going to be a while before the infestation system's development gets its gears in motion.

I imagine I'll be sticking around until the end and further to make sure the player can spread the bugs to every planet they can visit. I already have some ideas for the current planets but once the time comes I'd like some community thoughts on how the planets should mutate these creatures. I'm just wondering if the new texas one should be hostile or not, if it should go the path of the silicone-eating varmints and create some more chaos for the natives(and a new enemy to wrangle) or accidentally get treated and become docile worms that act like cows with milk-producing breasts whose parasites go into your nipples instead of your ass.

Reactions: XBoxMaster131

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
or accidentally get treated and become docile worms that act like cows with milk-producing breasts whose parasites go into your nipples instead of your ass.
In that case, wed better hope it turns out better than with Luke.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
It was a reference to star wars episode 8. I had assumed youd seen it.
Not that up-to-date with films. I've found they've worsened over time, lacking in substance worth sitting through and filled with political propaganda so I don't actively seek them out anymore. If they happen to be on I'll watch it but I'm not spending money on them.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Not that up-to-date with films. I've found they've worsened over time, lacking in substance worth sitting through and filled with political propaganda so I don't actively seek them out anymore. If they happen to be on I'll watch it but I'm not spending money on them.
Yeah, i agree completely. 7 was ok, but after that all the bs just... ugh

Reactions: Preacher

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Some more inquiries about the bugs, specifically about the hybrids in the nursery, but how long do you have to wait for the hybrids to mature? also, do you need to have a certain number of hybrids in order to interact with them? I remember reading somewhere that you need to have like 10 of them in order to talk to them.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Ok, never mind. talked to one of em. But i swear I remember reading something about a scene you need like 10 kids to access. Anyone know anything about that?