Ship Size

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Considering the topic, wonder if we'll meet any ship sized goos in the future. Admittedly would be terrifying, flying in space a giant goo attacks the ship.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
In all seriousness, a floating harem ship would be kind of neat, large enough to have spacious penthouse-type rooms for each of my gals complete with ensuites, living rooms, and an added room each for something custom. Because fuck it, it's my fantasy.

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
In all seriousness, a floating harem ship would be kind of neat, large enough to have spacious penthouse-type rooms for each of my gals complete with ensuites, living rooms, and an added room each for something custom. Because fuck it, it's my fantasy.

imagine the capital ship version of a harem ship, like that giant space base from power rangers that had all the biome domes

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
imagine the capital ship version of a harem ship, like that giant space base from power rangers that had all the biome domes

Oof, my credit bank disagrees with your suggestion.

Anyone here think hard light can hold up against a vacuum? Just curious.

I had the brief idea of just constructing new rooms for your lovers out of hard light, externally, but I also thought about what would happen when the ship went to land, or if the hardlight projector failed...

Or you could just have an empty hull and furnish it with hard light. That would be damn cool. Not like it'd really manifest itself in-game, but it's a neat concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I want a ship made entirely out of Goo shaped like a Dragon Quest Slime and the size of a Capital Ship

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
I want a ship made entirely out of Goo shaped like a Dragon Quest Slime and the size of a Capital Ship

I look forward to getting lucky enough to find the secret sector and unlock the Crystal (Goo) Cruiser.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
More like "but you gotta catch'em all!" :p I've never been interested in goo characters and I've grown a bit tired of tentacles (heresy!), so I only use her services when a certain stat got too high.

Dat be your lust getting too high after sleeping or reducing your cum production? lol her non tentacle beast mode having more than one scene while the beast mode allows her to really jack up your production by a bit.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I guess it has to do with lowering my Steele's lust. I enjoy having a high cum production in my characters, so that might be partially to blame as well.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ahh late for crew member talk so will go short: so far none of crew member actualy giving any benefits aside been lust dispenser and some minor benefits like limited vendor services. Celise - she good to boost cum production till certain point, Reaha - milking her I think gives something over simple: you drinked her milk, Anno - Goovolver and limited vendor offer, Bess/Ben - godc was meantioning some benefits of her crew roles (but on top of not been able later change her crew role their seems to not give any actual benefits aside drain of credits so maybe it wasn't just fully implemented and I not looked at all possible roles s/he can have on ship) and braclets we get also supposed to give minor hp bonus which it not giving (maybe it was set it won't be giving so well then it's ok).

Capital ship sized Goo...ohhh maybe better no...think like our grey goo is just at lvl of bimbo when it come to inteligence....now let think how clever she would be if had capital ship size....*shrug* goocalypse is commin ^^

Maybe some will make living ship that will pass the judgment and get ingame. So well goo ship sound cool but living ship or well mostly biological ship with some inorganic parts would sound not bad either. Leviathans tier ships when? xD

Nordi

Sep 2, 2015
As awesome as a full sized ship with all possible waifus crammed in. What the the ship use as weapons? Minatuar cock pumps for cumpedos?

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
As awesome as a full sized ship with all possible waifus crammed in. What the the ship use as weapons? Minatuar cock pumps for cumpedos?

cumpedoes  lmfao.  Captain the engines are offline they seem to be full of some thick white substance. Well what the hell is it. (in walks celise) oh dinner and starts  absorbing  the cumpedo's payload. lol

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Since people were throwing random "I wish" pics around like it's a holiday...

maxresdefault.jpg

And for the stealthy look...

orthrus2.jpg

(Sadly, the Orthrus isn't actually a stealth ship, just has the looks of one) Both are cruisers sized around a few hundred meters length.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
well we should know soon enough. they said after mirellion  and before uveto was ships so  should be almost if not next on their to do list. I just wish we could get some teaser info on them.(hint hint nudge nudge wink wink)

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
donkey kong: crystal coconut though.

Jesus man, you gave me flashbacks to my childhood! I had the dvd for that show that came with like 4-5 episodes, was an okay/good show as far as 6 year old me was concerned.

easykiln

Sep 10, 2015
Apparently there is a ship doc. I would like to see the ship doc. This is a good place for it. Someone please post it?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Apparently there is a ship doc. I would like to see the ship doc. This is a good place for it. Someone please post it?

There is a doc full of ship designs. It is not public. The only image from it public is the one on Fen's Patreon, of the PC's starter ship. All the designs are in that same vein. 

Casstech Z14K.jpg

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
There is a doc full of ship designs. It is not public. The only image from it public is the one on Fen's Patreon, of the PC's starter ship. All the designs are in that same vein.

Do you know anything about chances to us seen any new ships ingame before end of the current month?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'd estimate those chances somewhere around 0%.  They're already spending the first week of the month purely on CoC, and they're not adding the space content until Myrellion's done, which currently it is not.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I'd estimate those chances somewhere around 0%. 

+1. Space combat is, at this point, a "When Geddy and I can pencil in a couple hours to sit down and hash it out." Followed by a month or two of design work and me hammering out space encounters. Is definitely the priority before Uveto, though.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok at least that is some estimation (or rather saying - not expect space combat and ships before X-mas ^^).

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
TL;DR: stuff costs money

A big question over what ships look like, I think, should be: how much is a ship going to cost? If we have Dragon Dildos that cost 15,000 credits, how much would a ship module/upgrade cost let alone an entire ship. If you make the ship cost high, then the people who play TiTS as a game are likely to be the only ones that get them. However, that would mean that the people who play this game just for the sex stories may not be able to upgrade their ship and get a waifu harem ship. One way to remedy that would be to have one or two ships be obtained for free through gambling or as a quest reward; having too many ships that are obtained that way would remove the variety associated with obtaining them, however.

A good one to obtain for free would be the harem palace ship. That way, the people who don't want to spend time and effort into playing this game (there are people like that?) can get their waifus. The downside to the ship is that it wouldn't be able to fight and navigate to the stronger areas because it doesn't have as good of a fighting capability. But then, the people who don't want to play this game as a game wouldn't be interested in going to such areas because the thought of actual work in a video game makes them cry and piss their pants like 10 year old children.

So, this brings me back to my original question: how much should a ship cost? I can see some of the smaller ships being around the cost of the dildo (an explanation for that could be that some items can be sold for the cost of a vehicle), but the more advanced ships with better capacity and systems would probably cost a lot more. I occasionally play a browser based space MMO called Pardus. While not taken to that extreme, I believe the cost and abilities of the ships in the game could be used as a reference for determining the cost-to-ability ratio of the ships in TiTS.

One way to reduce the cost of ships could be to combine modules into the form of a ship. It would increase the variety (modularity...get it?) of ships. By obtaining the parts and materials in various areas, Steele could assemble a ship. The only downside to that is that it would probably require a lot of opened planets to get all the materials for the ship of your dreams and, by then, the game's story progress would be nearly finished. My least favorite idea that I can come up with right now is: instead of getting multiple ships, you only ever have the Casstech. When you find a module, you would be able to (for a reduced price or for free) implement it into your ship. A thing about that would be that you could add every single module to your ship, because there would be no downsides to forever adding on to your ship (unless you get a module that says "as soon as you implement this module, the universe will implode", but why make such a module...). A way around that would be to have a capacity limit for your ship. You could upgrade the ship's module capacity as you progress through the game. That way you can build your ship how you want to. Need more space for waifus? Just get rid of some ship weapons. Need to get past a deadly part? You wouldn't want to bring all your waifus to a place that could potentially kill them would you? There could, and should, be more of a choice than capacity or weapons (subsystems that increase ship speed and stuff like that), but I think I have been able to explain my idea. If you don't understand, then please let me know. I'll try to explain better.

One downside of having a modular ship as opposed to many different ships is that you don't really get a say in what the thing looks like. If you're just upgrading the Casstech, a module won't really change the outer look of the ship, unless it's specifically designed to do that. I suppose there could be appearance change modules for the ship, but would they alter the capacity? If it does, isn't that the same as just buying another ship and not upgrading the one you have? I'm probably thinking about all this in the wrong way. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
If we have Dragon Dildos that cost 15,000 credits, how much would a ship module/upgrade cost let alone an entire ship.
Gotta keep in mind those dragon attachments are for androids and meant to be quite lifelike. Gonna cost a pretty penny for quality. But you have a point, this will translate to ships, better quality will cost more. 

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Remember two things:

• Credits are Monopoly money, they have absolutely no logic to how much things cost beyond "Better guns cost more than worse guns, and I want things that do XYZ to be more expensive than things that do ABC".  In specific, since a large part of the game is the transformation fetish and character customization, items that do a very specific thing are much more expensive than roulette-wheel items.  Similarly, ships will probably be more expensive than guns, but not even remotely as expensive as would be logical if credits were treated as a logical currency, because ultimately you need to be able to afford a ship by way of cash gotten through beating up squids or whatever and taking the prepaid debit cards they just happen to have on them.  This is not a realistic game.
  • All the best ships and ship parts are going to be quest rewards anyway.  Hell, one of my projects is a quest with a badass ship as the reward.  While there may be points at which a buyable ship will be better than a quest one, in the end all the good stuff is going to be gotten by doing sidequests for it.
That is, of course, why one of the other things I'm writing is a superboss fight with Allison to get her ultimate gear, because I can't justify her just selling it to you.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
  • All the best ships and ship parts are going to be quest rewards anyway.  Hell, one of my projects is a quest with a badass ship as the reward.  While there may be points at which a buyable ship will be better than a quest one, in the end all the good stuff is going to be gotten by doing sidequests for it.

I don't think that all the best ships should be obtained through quests rewards. I think it would be better to have at least one of each. One best ship through quests, and one best ship through accrual of money.