Two questions about New Texas

Zavos

May 7, 2016
First question: Probably not

Second question: A treated Steele almost certainly could if xe tried, considering how NT subtly pushes for the wealthy and powerful to visit n stuff.  Possible exception if Steele is a cowmazon. 

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I wrote a bad end where you become a citizen, but the point is that you're going to live there forever.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I wrote a bad end where you become a citizen, but the point is that you're going to live there forever.

Whats the criteria for the bad end?   If you end up there as a femme cowmazon without bimbo perks, it might be considered a good end. 

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Whats the criteria for the bad end?   If you end up there as a femme cowmazon without bimbo perks, it might be considered a good end. 

It's not really a Bad End in that awful things happen to you, it's when Ellie notices you really like the public use option and asks if you want to become a citizen so you can do it all the time.

Criteria are, IIRC, be a female taur (I don't remember how I defined this) + have used the public use option 4 times + pick Yes when Ellie asks if you wanna become a citizen. T and Zephyr show up to gangbang you and give you the papers so you can sign off on them.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
It's not really a Bad End in that awful things happen to you, it's when Ellie notices you really like the public use option and asks if you want to become a citizen so you can do it all the time.

Criteria are, IIRC, be a female taur (I don't remember how I defined this) + have used the public use option 4 times + pick Yes when Ellie asks if you wanna become a citizen. T and Zephyr show up to gangbang you and give you the papers so you can sign off on them.

Good end then.  Mostly.  Are there any differences in the ending if the character is bimbo or not? 

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Good end then.  Mostly.  Are there any differences in the ending if the character is bimbo or not? 

Now that I think of it, it probably requires you to be Treated in the first place. I wanted to make it pretty exclusive because in terms of TiTS game design you want to make bad ends on non-hostile planets something you really have to try for, because otherwise the player might get angry about it.

Altair Hayes

Creator
Aug 28, 2015

Well that's super specific and hard to achieve. I was thinking for a way to solidify oneself as a "New Texan", and maybe take some NPC's on vacations to NT w/o the requirement of vast wealth on their part.

Red1979

Apr 4, 2016
 I was thinking for a way to solidify oneself as a "New Texan", and maybe take some NPC's on vacations to NT w/o the requirement of vast wealth on their part.

To be a citizen I think you have to be Treated, and if you are, why would you leave long enough to find someone else to bring back? Part of the Treatment changes the way the people think (which is why some players absolutely abhor the Treatment, they liken it to mind-rape), you're content just to stay on the colony and fuck the day away.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
To be a citizen I think you have to be Treated, and if you are, why would you leave long enough to find someone else to bring back? Part of the Treatment changes the way the people think (which is why some players absolutely abhor the Treatment, they liken it to mind-rape), you're content just to stay on the colony and fuck the day away.

Nah-uh, not for Steele and his/her awesome player-character-powers that make it possible to be treated and still think straight enough to go your merry way.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Since this thread's already here, I may as well ask something that's been bugging me for a while.

I remember in discussions on NT in the past that there was supposed to be a gender disparity, that the Treatment caused more females to be born than males, and main writers talked as if that was a given. Trouble is, I can't find mention of this anywhere in the game. Is this a Thing or not?

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Since this thread's already here, I may as well ask something that's been bugging me for a while.

I remember in discussions on NT in the past that there was supposed to be a gender disparity, that the Treatment caused more females to be born than males, and main writers talked as if that was a given. Trouble is, I can't find mention of this anywhere in the game. Is this a Thing or not?

There was only one mention of it in the NT Steph Irson episode, but it was retconed.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I don't even think the disparity is even cannon in the lore. Although gameplay-wise there are 8 male NPCs on NT vs 11-12 (depending if you count Gianna) female NPCs. So that may count, idk.

I was told that was the canon answer. There are more females than males, but it nowhere close to 10 to 1.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Where do futas factor in the males vs females NT dynamic? 

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I'm not sure an exact figure was ever laid out. I'd think something like 1.5-2 girls per guy is about right though.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
How do you think it'll turn out if and when we turn NT into a planet of cowmazons and faux cows...

Neoptolemus

Aug 14, 2016
... Wait, what? Humans have an almost perfect 50/50 split worldwide. Pretty sure the US actually has a few hundreths of a percent more women than men.

Slightly more males are born than females actually. Women live a couple of years longer on average though, so they make up a bigger share of the total population.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Ignore this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Krynh

Yes, there is a slight bias towards males in birthrates, but it's quite small. Like 50.7% to 49.3%, isn't it? 

Hence why I said the opposite of the Human birth rate. :)

One of us might be confused, I thought Fen was talking about the Birth rate not the population.

Last edited:

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
NT hospital and birthing scene with correct male/female birthrates when? xD

K

Krynh

I assumed the opposite of a 1:2 male to female ration would be a 2:1 ratio. I thought you were implying that there's twice as many men in the world as there are women. 

I mean, it probably feels that way on the internet, but... :p  

Nah I wasn't implying that :)