CoC card game thingy

jacojerb

Aug 18, 2016
So, I've been thinking about this for a while. How I got to this was by thinking: "What if there were a furry version of Munchkin". Then I thought: "Wouldn't that be closer to CoC than to Munchkin". And so, after much thought, I decided, why not actually make it a CoC card game? 

For those who don't know Munchkin (Which I assume is a lot of you) it's basically a card game in which you need to build your character up, beat monsters and level up. here's a crappy demo thing, that more or less gives the idea: http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/game/demo.html

Obviously I won't release this and make people pay for it or anything. I just have too much time on my hands and I guess this is a bit closer to being productive than just sitting around playing games. I'll put it on the Steam workshop for Tabletop Simulator, and release the PDF's somewhere, if people want to actually print it out and stuff. 

Also, one of the appeals of Munchkin is the art... Unfortunately, I can't do art. I think it'd be fine to just have text? It'd still be fun, I feel. 

There are still a lot to decide. For starters, in Munchkin, you can equip armour at will. I want transformations in the card game (I wanted to type out CoC... I guess I should get a name for my card game. Simply CoC: card game? I dono...) to be more... Forced, almost. When you're using a transformation item, e.g. fox berries, you don't know what it'll do. So can I take that randomness into the card game? Or should I just have "fox legs"; "fox ears" etc. as things you can equip (but not unequip). I can also have a separate dice, each side with a body part, and have them put the fox berry onto the leg slot, if the dice lands on legs, to indicate fox legs... So many options

Then, of course, the transformations must be meaningful. I'm thinking some enemies can have preferences and such, giving you buffs or debuffs when fighting them, depending on your state. But this isn't true in CoC... How would I decide on this? Apart from gender and genital size and stuff, it's pretty irrelevant for most enemies. Well, I guess being as far away from human can give certain bonuses. If I have the dice system, it'd be kinda hard to be completely transformed

So, yeah. Why am I posting this here? I guess I want some feedback, and motivation and stuff. Also, I guess to know if it's cool to use the name "Corruption of Champions", if I'm not making money off of it. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, some of our major community contributors (including the lovely lady responsible for the Deck of Many Transformations) are already working on a game like that. No guarantees on a timeline, but I think we're full up on CoC cardgames at the moment.

jacojerb

Aug 18, 2016
Damn. I still think I'll make mine. It'll probably be crappy, but it should only take a few days, and I'm bored... Even if just to play with some friends xD

jacojerb

Aug 18, 2016
So here's what I've got so far

Basically, you've got 2 stats, physical strengh and sexual appeal. Through the game, you will get transformation items (the lower left block) which will affect your stats. For example, there's a thing that makes you change into a fox, or at least a part of you. This will be decided by a D6, so 1/6 chance to affect either the body, head, arms, legs or genitals, or to do nothing. Each transformation (eg fox, bear, snake, whatever) has its owm stats for bonuses (so, fox would have a bonus for sex but not much physical boost, while bull would have more physical, and less sexual). The area it affects also has a multiplier, seen underneath. For example, your arms and legs have 2/1, meaning the physical bonus gets doubled but the sexual bonus doesn't, because arms and legs aren't the most sexual parts. Meanwhile, the genitals has 1/3... I think I should make that 1 a 0.5... Really, genitals don't affect physical strength :p . Weapons and armor would also affect both stats

then there's corruption and gender. Losing fights would often make you gain corruption, which would make some things impossible (Like having Amily or Jojo as followers), while having a high corruption would also have advantages, to give losing players a bit of an advantage

I should add a thing to keep track of level, as well as a space to put additional buffs (Such as followers and dildos and such). Goal is to get to level 10, as with munchkin, and winning a fight raises your level

POC COCBG.png

I think maybe I should just not make it CoC related... Make my own enemies and such. I will still keep the corruption level and transformations, but I think it might be easier to just use my own characters and enemies. I'll probably end up borrowing a lot from CoC anyways... But eh. that's fine. It's just for fun