Why Does Bess?

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
Some part of me REALLY wants to pull out a soapbox. I'm just going to put this out there. Dominance is NOT degradation or any of the other things that have been touted as being "bread and butter" for Doms. Every one of those things is a potential tool to a dom. I have seen a dom so effective that all they used was a piece of string (yarn I think it was), and after witnessing it I came to understand that they didn't even need that. Dom is not, in its nature aggressive or mean or . . . gah. . . I had decided NOT to pull out my soapbox >.> Meh these games and through them this forum are places to feed your fetish

Gamepapa

Apr 18, 2016
Hell
.I could never bring myself to berate her. It was just too cruel.

...we need more nice sub content.

Truth. Tried to be a dick all the way through and I couldn't do it. Now ever time I play i'm super nice to her 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It reminded me of the gargoyle in CoC who you can choose to berate or comfort when talking about her past...I could never bring myself to berate her. It was just too cruel.

...we need more nice sub content.

I can never bring myself to be an asshole on purpose in a lot of games, I mean hey I ate those 5 living baby chickens (with the loudass crunch that goes with each) to get into the Temple of Evil in Fable 2, but going renegade and /not/ hugging Tali in Mass Effect 2? I ain't Satan, I couldn't ignore that hug.

Pure dickish evil for the sake of being a dick never fit well with me, I need a real reason to do something evil, or else I just feel bad.

I mean even the hard personality in TiTs (in my mind), can be a perfectly good guy, just grumpy old man who can be brought to do the right thing.

Edit: Oh and, I loved the gargoyle from CoC, always was nice to her, to the point where forcing yourself on her when she's in statue mode makes me feel bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I can never bring myself to be an asshole on purpose in a lot of games, I mean hey I ate those 5 living baby chickens (with the loudass crunch that goes with each) to get into the Temple of Evil in Fable 2, but going renegade and /not/ hugging Tali in Mass Effect 2? I ain't Satan, I couldn't ignore that hug.

To be fair, Fable 2's eat the baby chickens part is sorta dumbed down so you don't feel awful just for doing it. 

If someone wrote an equivalent scene for CoC/TiTS, that did the wickedness of the baby chicken's deaths justice, you'd never manage it.  Or, you would just reload an earlier save. 

To be fair, Fable 2's eat the baby chickens part is sorta dumbed down so you don't feel awful just for doing it. 

If someone wrote an equivalent scene for CoC/TiTS, that did the wickedness of the baby chicken's deaths justice, you'd never manage it.  Or, you would just reload an earlier save. 

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Yeah it probably helped that it  was set so you don't actually really see the act, just hear it. 

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Yeah it probably helped that it  was set so you don't actually really see the act, just hear it. 

Just keep in mind that just because a game is going out of its way to avoid guilting you doesn't make an action less horrible.

Sometimes, it just takes the right storytelling for a game to show you how awful some actions are.  

latest
latest

(bonus points if you get the statement behind the three pics. )

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'll be honest: I think Bravely Second is better in its execution of the concept, in large part because it doesn't try to guilt-trip the player at every opportunity.

Darth-Omix

Nov 28, 2015
Aside from playing around with extremes to see how things go, one thing I've save-edited in the past is Steele's personality score. I dunno, I just kinda wish there was a way to even yourself out more readily since in my limited research I've found most of the personality-altering instances are Hard-focused, making it a bit troublesome to keep a MIschievous Steele for me, as I keep drifting into being a hardass.

Just as a small suggestion on the that note, to perhaps add some "mischief" flags - or however it's actually coded - to some more playful antics, like giving Anno ear scritches and then teasing her about it.

On the topic of Bess, oh lord I can only imagine what a mountain that was to code as I've been powering through their content on a recent save.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Nah it was easy. Geddy did it in her sleep and scoffed at not having a bigger challenge.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well doesn't been Bess 3: In search of even more Robowifu Boogaloo confirmed yet? (If some not get joke reference...then I feel pity for you :p )

Owens

Sep 3, 2016
That's not even considering Live Free or Bess Four. Can't wait for that X-pack.

Gedan, please don't smite me.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
En so Bess: Genisys as 5th expansion was scraped, right?

(I think Geddy or others like Savin will take this as joking not serious stuff...I hope)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Geddy is just waiting on Eddy.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Gedan -> Geddy
Edan -> Eddy

._.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Lol and there you got more reason to...ahh nethermind to what you kow more than anyone about it saleh.

Well Edan...that an interesting one thing ^^

irioth

May 12, 2016
Aside from playing around with extremes to see how things go, one thing I've save-edited in the past is Steele's personality score. I dunno, I just kinda wish there was a way to even yourself out more readily since in my limited research I've found most of the personality-altering instances are Hard-focused, making it a bit troublesome to keep a MIschievous Steele for me, as I keep drifting into being a hardass.

Just as a small suggestion on the that note, to perhaps add some "mischief" flags - or however it's actually coded - to some more playful antics, like giving Anno ear scritches and then teasing her about it.

There is a repeatable talk option in Ambassador Juro's dialog that causes Steele's personality score to drift towards 50. Click on it enough times and you'll have Mischevious Steele in no time. It makes nullifying the effects of hardass actions quite easy.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Geddy is just waiting on Eddy.

I'm actually coding him right meow. I've decided to put him in way sooner than I had planned, and use the movie scene as a repeat. That way he's "extensible" instead of "ridiculously bloated". He's too big at this point for me to want to hand it over to people (gonna be 70ish pages of text) and on top of that, he's not actually finished. Also this way I get to go through and read all the scenes myself and be like "nah this is shit". So far, he works! He should be finished really soon actually (ha ha knock on wood).

wqS2o54.png

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I'm actually coding him right meow.

He's not actually finished.

wow

EDIT: TURN ON WORD WRAP

EDIT2: PLEASE

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I'm actually coding him right meow. I've decided to put him in way sooner than I had planned, and use the movie scene as a repeat. That way he's "extensible" instead of "ridiculously bloated". He's too big at this point for me to want to hand it over to people (gonna be 70ish pages of text) and on top of that, he's not actually finished. Also this way I get to go through and read all the scenes myself and be like "nah this is shit". So far, he works! He should be finished really soon actually (ha ha knock on wood).

I fear for Gedans sanity... lol

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Your Edan with merely around 70+ pages shouldn't make Geddy even rise an eyebrow not unlike certain coding mostrisity back in a days :emot-frogc00l:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
...But Wsan is coding it. And that screenshot was just output text.