Why Does Bess?

KZAR-92

Nov 1, 2015
So I just finally got Bess in game after having never gotten a chance to look into her and well I found something that befuddled me. Why does she have the choice to give her fuckable nipples but then doesn't let you use them? Cause it confused me but also made me laugh some as my reaction was "I gave her fuckable nipples but I can't fuck them!? What madness is this?!".

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It was made by Jim with planned scene for this in his plans for later expansion (actualy I jsut assuming that all unfinished places in Bess was left for Jim so he can later on make fill the blank spots with next expansion(s)). But....Jim left our comunity some time ago so this scene never been added. I suppose if some other writer feel confident enough s/he can write this scene and then send to Fen for review/coding/etc.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Same as before with CoC same TiTS now will slowly acumulate huge portion of unfinished content or content that had planned expansion that never been written due to many reasons. Not like we can do much about it aside hoping that there will be as little a spossible situations like this with bess you described.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
So I just finally got Bess in game after having never gotten a chance to look into her and well I found something that befuddled me. Why does she have the choice to give her fuckable nipples but then doesn't let you use them? Cause it confused me but also made me laugh some as my reaction was "I gave her fuckable nipples but I can't fuck them!? What madness is this?!".

iirc you actually can do stuff with them - it just requires the player to have dicknipples as a counterpart.

That or I really did fuckin' lose my mind whilst I was coding that.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Same as before with CoC same TiTS now will slowly acumulate huge portion of unfinished content or content that had planned expansion that never been written due to many reasons. Not like we can do much about it aside hoping that there will be as little a spossible situations like this with bess you described.

Unless people step up to finish writing the content. Which I figure could happen, given enough time and actual sign-off allowing it.

ShadowKing042

Jun 9, 2016
It is really frustrating every time a character with high levels of customization that isn't the protagonist is added they're never completed and they always have very few scenes

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It is really frustrating every time a character with high levels of customization that isn't the protagonist is added they're never completed and they always have very few scenes

I know, right?  Maybe that's not actually a terribly good idea.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

Bess was written when game itself was really, really in early stage and many peple was learning what should or shouldn't be done. And fact that her creator left also add to this unfinishness, if he didn't we would eventualy get all other missing parts and even few quite large X-packs.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Gianna says hi.

Gianna's level of customization is miniscule compared to Bess, or even to previous attempt Ember.  She adjusts a few parser calls and unlocks an extra scene or two, she doesn't radically change her whole overall appearance and makes no changes at all to her personality.

The fact of the matter is, while I don't think Fen has weighed in on it, Savin and Gedan have both said on numerous occassions that Bess was a mistake.  It stands as Jim's Tower of Babel: an impressive feat and a testament to his skills, but also an enormous act of hubris.  There's really only room for one could-be-anything in this game, and it's the one who's worth that level of time investment because they're in almost every scene.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Gianna's level of customization is miniscule compared to Bess, or even to previous attempt Ember.  She adjusts a few parser calls and unlocks an extra scene or two, she doesn't radically change her whole overall appearance and makes no changes at all to her personality.

The fact of the matter is, while I don't think Fen has weighed in on it, Savin and Gedan have both said on numerous occassions that Bess was a mistake.  It stands as Jim's Tower of Babel: an impressive feat and a testament to his skills, but also an enormous act of hubris.  There's really only room for one could-be-anything in this game, and it's the one who's worth that level of time investment because they're in almost every scene.

I'm sure if they wanted to they could rip bess/ben content out and sweep it under the rug.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Or they could leave it as is and collect the easy 10k credits every playthrough. 

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

It was a mistake for us to have not headed it off earlier, and harder than we did. We did tell Jim to calm down some on what he was doing, and all that really won us was in the end was "I'll split it into multiple documents and it'll be easier to implement!" It didn't really restrict the scope at all.

By the time we fully understood just how much of a pain making it actually work was going to be, it was already too late; far too many people were invested in Bess as something that was going to be in the game in the exact way that JimT has presented the character. It gave us two choices; drag our fucking feet about it and just never get around to doing it (which would have been fucking awful imo), or bite the bullet and just fucking get it done and then use Bess as the stick that we will beat people with in future if they want to do similar.

If I'd have done it in stages, it would have never happened; the time it would take to acclimatize to the way things had already been coded so that the next block could be brought in would have made it take even longer, and it would have just been pushed back down the list over and over because of that. That's why I powered through it, and it fucking destroyed my desire to work on the game wholesale for months because of it.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

While Gianna is, obviously, a lot less customizable than Bess, she still has a lot of options, including significant personality shifts. So I was mostly pointing out to ShadowKing that we do have a character that seemed to have struck a balance between being malleable and manageable. Unless Fenoxo will come out and say that Gianna was a pain in the ass to write/code and wasn't worth it.

As a side note, I'm still not sure why Gianna's sub content had to be gated behing being a total dick towards her. Saddest boner I've ever popped in TiTS, that.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
As a side note, I'm still not sure why Gianna's sub content had to be gated behing being a total dick towards her. Saddest boner I've ever popped in TiTS, that.

Because Fen loves gating contend behind being an asshole.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Wait Gianna has sub content? I never even knew.... I love sub content but gah I can't imagine needlessly being a dick to her...

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Wait Gianna has sub content? I never even knew.... I love sub content but gah I can't imagine needlessly being a dick to her...

Me either, I don't get the whole "Need to be a complete asshole/mean person." in order to have sub content when it's completely reasonable to be nice and still get sub content by being a dom.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Going to jump on the wagon of having had no fucking clue that Gianna had sub content and also being unable to be mean to the robogirl. Nice/caring doms are much hotter than mean doms.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I should have made my point more clear: the resulting Gianna subbing content makes perfect sense in the context of the fetishes it (IMO) tries to invoke, as well as her personality quirks. However I see no reason why some of it couldn't have been used for a consensual D/s scenario. Knowing that Steele is supposed to mean it when they degrade, use and abuse the poor girl feels bad, man. :(

In much the same way you have to choose between making Gianna really happy and support her self-realisation 100% and not having her Dom you(albeit gently and lovingly). Again, it makes sense for her to try and be playfully aggressive when she knows that you like her for her. But she also isn't the kind of girl who wouldn't be okay with taking a step back when asked, without you needing to bring her mood and self-esteem down.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
However I see no reason why some of it couldn't have been used for a consensual D/s scenario.

You can't get 2/3 Penny's content without pushing her to become futa which would impede her normal life, and half of that is actually gated behind pushing her all way through, up to mindbreak level.

All sexual content of Emmy is gated behind making her succumb to libido utterly, with all consequences.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
pushing her all way through, up to mindbreak level

Eh, you can turn off her cumslut mode. The only thing that remains is her dick; her lust is just the same, if the Zil scene is anything to go off of.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
*Rereads thread because I suddenly got mentioned

Gianna has sub content??? This was new to me...And like the rest of the people here, I´m not overly fond of the way to unlock it.

It reminded me of the gargoyle in CoC who you can choose to berate or comfort when talking about her past...I could never bring myself to berate her. It was just too cruel.

...we need more nice sub content.

... Neither actually.

I think the only forumite besides Savin that would know anything about what that was referencing is @shadefalcon. Btw, harpy twin, if you do recall what I'm talking about, I'd ask that you keep it a secret. A few things have changed (for the better).  :p  

Your secret´s safe with me  ;)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It reminded me of the gargoyle in CoC who you can choose to berate or comfort when talking about her past...I could never bring myself to berate her. It was just too cruel.

Your secret´s safe with me  ;)

But cruel enough to torture us with a mystery :mad:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You can force her to hide, but...

I mean if you click Cumsluttery under her menu you can then click Calm Down.

And yeah it's really weird. Like you berate her until she becomes more submissive. That's not how it works!