Interest Check: Choose Your Own Adventure Game?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Hi! Hello! Whalecum!

So I've been mulling over the idea of doing a sort of Choose Your Own Adventure type dealy here on the forum as a bit of a creative writing exercise/brain-juice-stimulant for myself -- specifically something called a "Mearls." That is, I post an event or story thread, and several users vote on which of several (user-generated or author-generated? We'll see!) outcomes goes through via upvoting.

What I'm thinking about will use the Questions forum type: each new story thread will allow users to post potential paths forward in reply to the text, and you guys will be able to updoot each others' ideas -- whichever reply gets the most upboats will determine (more or less) what happens next. I'll then lock the old thread, make a new one with the next "chapter," and the cycle will repeat until the story reaches a conclusion / bad end.

Once it gets underway, anybody can pretty much drop in and out whenever they want -- the story will just keep progressing, so you can read whatever you missed if you decide to catch up. Ideally I'd be making at least one new "chapter" a day -- usually a couple paragraphs of action between choice points, or maybe a short sex scene or battle scene (though I 'spose those could be full of choices too!).

In terms of what the CYOA will be about -- I dunno! I'm thinking something set in the Sav&D world of Eona (a monster-girl rich heroic fantasy setting). Full-on lewd factor, naturally, but also an element of Adventure! to go with it, cuz I love me some pulpy action. Assuming there's interest, I'll run a thread with a buncha polls in it for character generation and maybe some scenario building with y'all before we get started.

So... yeah, that's about all I have to say. Post below and lemme know if this is a thing you'd be interested in playing/helping to write.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Any smut, regardless of form, is good smut. Also?

whichever reply gets the most upboats will determine (more or less) what happens next

Had to point it out. Down for seeing this CYOA regardless of the upboats needed.

MissBlackthorne

Jul 9, 2016
Very much +1-ing this. I love interactive fiction in general and would love to see where we end up leading the poor MCs to.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
As long there will be some kind of intro to let people know enough to not blindling proposing/voting for next chapter option I'm on YES for this ^^

Averof

Jun 9, 2016
i will observe from a safe distance for the sake of my sanity....whats left of it

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Bro, get back to work on puppysluts.

I'm game though.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'd really like for this to become a thing. Hopefully the Fenforum Hivemind won't let you down, oh Great Analmander.

On a more serious note: I'm all for Eona CYOA, but you'll probably need to post all your background docs and get people understanding the world before jumping into an adventure.

What would be the fun in that? Back in my day, we played through the fuckhuge tomes of Dumas-enspired CYOAs without knowing diddly squat about the period or even the majority of his books and we loved it.

Last edited:

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
This sounds like fun. xD  

I look forward to the end result. 

Ikorus

Mar 6, 2016
i am in favor of this, and will be participating. just please, please don't make every other character a herm. its one of my only gripes with TiTS (lack of variety that is. im perfectly fine with a balance ratio of pure males, pure females, and herms. and i guess the occasional gender backwards cave lizard...taur...thing. nyrea that's it.)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
This sounds like it could be fun to participate in. Totally hoping for a cowgirl priestess, just so we can call her holy cow.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I love this idea. It´s been ages since I last read a cyoa...Unless tits count as one...

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Ah yes, an upvote/downvote system would work quite well with a mass CYOA.

Are you going to set something up so that other people can also start their own CYOA's on the board?

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
If there's interest, sure.

There is! Well speaking for myself of course, but hey I'm sure I'm alone in saying that lots of the other users would be behind this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remiel

Jul 10, 2016
I think it'd be interesting, sure why not

I regret not knowing about this sooner

SPOOOOOONY BARDS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
If there's interest, sure.

Totally haven't already written a totally utter garbage draft idea of my own in a Google Doc or anything. Totally foresee others trying to follow suit with this should yours go well, though.