Your most embarassing guilty pleasure outside of smut?

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Cardfight: Vanguard's anime. 

Pokemon Insurgence, Uranium, Reborn

The later might not be that embarrassing right now, but thats only because of the pokemon fervor brought about by Pokemon Go.  It will pass, give it a few months. 

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I fucking love mountain dew I have literally taken a mountain dew bath I buy them by the fucking barrel

27746cb06e8b2a2c7fb1345666ac53a1.jpg

I actually like Mountain Dew as well.  I just always think of this episode when people talk about hating it.

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
I like to play music on my MP3 player and dance around like a crazy person.

Well, really I'm using the music to help guide daydreams and plan out scenes for stories I may never finish, but it certainly looks like crazy dancing to everyone else, I'm sure.

I also catch myself getting lost in my daydreams in public, and actually voicing the dialogue aloud… mortifies me to no end when someone catches me. >_<;

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
you AREN'T getting angry at it? Not so much a guilty pleasure as breaking the laws of nature.

given that recently I got out of nowhere lag spikes and freeze screens and constant reconnects in some match for more than half of them...nope totaly not wanna smash my laptop cuz of that. I not think server I play could affect this stuff happening.

Where would it count as breaking laws of nature? xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Despite being in my thirties, continuing to be just as much a gamer as I was when I was a kid...maybe even more so now. That and, as a direct consequence, I still don't get out much to be...you know, more social.

Then again, I general dislike the people I tend to meet in person while the reverse is often true for people I meet over the internet anyways, so there's is that. RL seems to be loosing to me.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
I like watching the old Hobbit animated movie from the 1970s with closed captioning on, the volume muted and queen, the who, led zeppelin, and steve miller songs playing in my ear.

I've done that with Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.. you name it! I have a severe-to-profound hearing loss so I couldn't understand most of the gibberish on the tv as I was growing up so I loved the early version of MTV and VH1. When I started living on my own, captioning was just becoming standard fare on T.V. so I started playing my walkman through my headphones and watch tv with the captioning.

One time I went over to a buddy's house and they were passing around a big fat blunt, blaring pink floyd's "The Wall" and watching "Heavy Metal" muted and looping. Now that's LOOPY! o_O

Lexa

Jul 9, 2016
I have a massive Hello Kitty collection... My aunt started collecting them before I was born and gave hers to me. :T

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Food, I know I can eat too much, but I'm such a taste whore. Only advantage I have is a metabolism that keeps me from going past a certain weight and the ability to keep muscle well. On the plus side I love cooking and baking.

FrankenApple

Mar 29, 2016
Mine would be violating my ears with cotton swabs. I can literally do it for hours... or at least until the cotton is ruined.

KyJo

Jul 30, 2016
Any sweet food. I can't stop putting things in my mouth... Ahem.

Also showing no mercy to people who are worse than me at stuff like League or Overwatch.

Reptillicus

Jun 30, 2016
oh i got another one! star wars episode one, its my favorite one of all (please don't kill me).

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I have a massive Hello Kitty collection... My aunt started collecting them before I was born and gave hers to me. :T

This forced me to look up Hello Kitty and discover it started in 1974.  Also, nice avatar.  First time I saw that movie was in a hospital.  It made my stay far more tolerable.

Steevee

Oct 3, 2015
kiddie cartoon junkie.

some 80's late 90, and some early millennial stuffs.

and good chunk of the rule 34 art and fics of thems.

K

Krynh

I like to watch children's cartoons, THERE i SAID IT. ARE HAPPY NOW!!! I'M 23 YEARS OLD AND I'M A SHAMELESS Adventure Time, SU, Star vs., and proud Loud Family FAN, i LOVE SHIPPING THE CHARACTERS! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH...

Also, slightly less guilty (but only slightly)l, I legitimately loved the Bayformers movie franchise, next to Avatar and Pacific Rim (obviously god-tier) they're my favorite movies that I've seen repeatedly in theatres.

Those are also good cartoons for adults too though. 

I like watching 90's cartoons on Youtube. Sherlock Hound, pinky and the brain, Freakazoid, BeetleJuice and a few others I forget.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Pinky and the Brain... I loved that one. And the Animaniacs! Wakko, Yakko, and Dot! :D

ChubbyChpndale

Aug 17, 2016
Sometimes I'll fuck with people and tell them I'm into something I call 'slugging'. This is where, during a thunderstorm, I will strip naked and cover myself in petroleum jelly, then proceed to writhe around on the kitchen floor until someone catches me.

It isn't a pretty sight.

Though, pertaining to the topic, in a nutshell you could say my guilty pleasure is fucking with people and disgusting them deliberately. I usually feel a bit.... remorseful after a time, but it's too much fun NOT to do.

That, and listening to crappy early 2000's bands like Panic! at the Disco.

Skeleton Man

Dec 22, 2015
Any terrible, hammy movie involving Nic Cage or people like Nic Cage. Like Face/Off, or fuckin' Samurai Cop... They're so stupid, they're awful and I love it.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Any terrible, hammy movie involving Nic Cage or people like Nic Cage. Like Face/Off, or fuckin' Samurai Cop... They're so stupid, they're awful and I love it.

You're not alone. My brother is a huge fan of Nic Cage and adores the Ghost Rider series. Especially Drive Angry. He modified his Harley to look similar to the motorcycle in Ghost Rider but the damn bike was half mule and half drunk. He had trouble getting it going and it kept trying to get off the road once it actually went forward under its own power.  :donkey:

razorrozar

Aug 21, 2016

Check out Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans if you haven't.

My guilty pleasure? Well... I like playing Final Fantasy XII.

And XIII.

And watching Advent Children.

...and The Spirits Within.

I really like bad Final Fantasy stuff, you guys.

(Although I do find it interesting that Dragon Age: Origins has basically the same combat system as FFXII, but while XII gets flak for it DA:O is highly praised.)

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
...and The Spirits Within.

Not as bad as people make it out to be.  I think people were expecting an FFVII movie and were disappointed when it wasn't one.  It's fairly well voice acted by well known actors, has excellent CGI for the time, and really isn't any different from most post-apocalyptic sci-fi.