Think-tank: Adding new races, TFs and locations to CoC

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
EDIT: Well so far I think this three entries I can move to different post so you can remove them and just link this post at main post (and also add this trello link too >.<).

Done ... aaand ... uhm, sry, but I found your Wuxia Trello page, but I can't find the card. mmmh. Found it: https://trello.com/c/sc0xCqBa/14-new-tf-potions. Added at the bottom of the post. I'll add some of my ideas to that section later. Would probably start as a small list.

@Stadler As for dino location I may lean toward island like location. But as you thinking about giving connection to Ark I'm thinking about making connection to JP vers so...Nubira Island or something related to this. This been said if it island it mean it found at least by PC finding Ocean. So that would for sure imply high lvl enemeis there. So I got this train of thoughts: Desert > Beach > Ocean/Island (with dino-morphs) eventualy Desert > Beach > Ocean > Island (with dino-morphs) I would be more after first option since that mean enemies there would be slight lower and more important PC could faster get there and possible get new waifu/husbando from there (I dare to disbelive that noone of players wants to have in camp dino-morph as camp member ^^)

Actually ARK: SE is based on jurassic park. But without the park. Even the devs occasionally call it Jurassic Ark.

About Ark SE: Actually its a survival game, like minecraft, but uhm, better graphics and loooooooooots of dinos. btw: Every construction you can see in the videos can be and are built by players (or the devs ^^)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yeah I one of my recent posts I do dropped link to my trello card for TF stuff.

Ojk well you conv. me with Offshore Island :p

But then I got idea for place there...an abandoned lab maybe even one of demons that was abandoned due to reasons that PC may want find out *chuckle*

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I have yet to play ARK: SE on a server, but I could post some screenshots of my base with all my dinos :)
All of them soloed, although I cheated a bit in local play. Taming a Rex all alone would be a horror without raising the taming speed. Think, that you waited 4 hours, fed him/her about 100+ times with meat and when you're at 99% a spino passes by and kills it ... and don't forget, that its nooot very easy to knock out a hungry Rex with your tranq-arrows and your feet alone. I know, that there are other tactics, but hit and run worked best for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nah I belive you tamed them all. So this island in Ark: Se i just named offshore island without any actual name, right?

In CoC in case dino-moprhs would be added I think 4 hours taming would be easier...well just 4 actions wouldn't be bac and I think no spino to kill it at 99%.

Soe of dino could possible I think been found in other places...well if we had some flying ones anywhere that is warm enough such one enemy could show up. Now we got just idea of adding raproets and t-rex. 1-3 more races that are different enough is needed to not make them look like on brink of extinsion...unless even in CoC we want make PC feel that they are almsot extinct. And then demon version of dino...that could be interesting especialy out of T-Rex *chuckle*

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I've bought ARK: SE, when the early access had just started. And there was only one Map called 'The Island'. Now theres another Map called 'The Center' In other words: Your not limited to a certain name. So be creative ;)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well I really get devious idea today about few locations (some are already ingame). Also CoC seems to usualy follow some much simple way of naming so calling it island or something similar would be most fitting canon-wise. Unless it was back then Fen too lazy to come with any fancy names (well I not say it's bad for a sex game been lazy in such way). So names like Beach, Ocean, Faraway Ilsand or jsut Island would be as good as any other more fancy and longer/more complicated names for locations. Still we would need more than 1-2 enc to make each of those new location anything more that seemly deserted places.

Well would think about names anyway..maybe I would get some inspiration...still my main concern is lack of name for area that is as I meantioned recently asian myths themed with enemies also been much like those of asian myths so for sure Kitsunes would be there put, maybe some other races like...uni/ali/bicorns xD

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I've got a suggestion: How about gryphons? That is, avian upper body, feline lower body. There shouldn't be any problem making them anthromorph.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I've got a suggestion: How about gryphons? That is, avian upper body, feline lower body. There shouldn't be any problem making them anthromorph.

I'm on my way of creating an Avian Tf. Maybe some of it effects could be used as a base for a Gryphon TF?

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I have a problem describing the thick hide thingy around avian toes and fingers. If you could give me an example, how this could be described I'd probably add this to my predator arms implementation.

[Edit:]Or I'll just add new armTypes e. G. ARM_TYPE_AVIAN or ARM_TYPE_GRYPHON or whatever. Sometimes its better, to use new/specific bodyparts rather than fiddling too much with generic ones, like ARM_TYPE_PREDATOR.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
The avian/gryphon arms could be descripted as having feathers until barely past the forearms, then being covered in black/brown/golden scales. It could be compared to a bird's foot, only human-shaped, and with talons in the end.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
[Edit:]Or I'll just add new armTypes e. G. ARM_TYPE_AVIAN or ARM_TYPE_GRYPHON or whatever. Sometimes its better, to use new/specific bodyparts rather than fiddling too much with generic ones, like ARM_TYPE_PREDATOR.

Hehe I would say I got same conclusion wen I was trying to make simple way to add phoenix wings...in the end I made just new body part. But your arm_predator approach at least allow lessen code overload with repeating tons of alsmot if not the same parts of sentence in few places.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Sure, but I don't want to add a new player-property for fingers description. Sometimes its better to add new (generic?) body parts rather than making existing ones too complex.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I agree that if it still simpler than making whole new body part desc and so on stuff for next one possible part then general one option will be still better one. Also I think I would add to ocean location table a boss tier encounter (lvl 60 giga kraken gal). Now I just need to think at least about one otehr enc for oceana nd one for beach to make crude patch to allow fight her without been odd. As I got today in quite much coding/writing mood I may do it a little bit than right away.

Zerggodmaster

Aug 30, 2015
i remember the little encounter where you find the guy and the demon (i forgot their names) and a place to meet them at their "main residence" (since we only see them walking through the desert but where do they stay to rest) so a location name for more things to fight and a new branch for locations could be called " tainted sands/deep desert" and a new type of enemies with tf items could be thought of.  ps a hydra style of tf would be cool

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
i remember the little encounter where you find the guy and the demon (i forgot their names) and a place to meet them at their "main residence" (since we only see them walking through the desert but where do they stay to rest) so a location name for more things to fight and a new branch for locations could be called " tainted sands/deep desert" and a new type of enemies with tf items could be thought of.  ps a hydra style of tf would be cool

Marcus (human) and Lucia (succubus) was this enc that been choice to him be still human with giga sized balls or going for incubus. Well something like deeper part of desert could be also interesting choice for new location. At elast some stronger enemies that would live in suchplace could be placed. And for sure maybe some new naga like enemy. A little bit shame that one of rare naga enemies is just lvl 2 (well there is this male nage Sirius but only in Urta Quest).

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
how about vaious big cat tfs? like a cheetah or tiger? (though personlly id like to see a fennec fox or arctic fox)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
how about vaious big cat tfs? like a cheetah or tiger? (though personlly id like to see a fennec fox or arctic fox)

Most of the subraces are the same morphs with a minor specifics. Arctic fox is a fox with white or gray fur, tiger is a sizable cat-morph with notable thickness etc.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Flameborn (name might be revised later)

Created by Lethice's scientists as creatures of war, they were ultimately deemed failures when they proved incompatible with corruption. (possibly located in volcanic crag)

Main reason behind this idea is i want to see a more flame centric race, one for whom pyromancy (our main magic before Xianxia) is as instinctive as breathing.  I also wanted to see a race that was fundementally split between purity and corruption.  (Here, that is accomplished by flameborn's perk enforcing purity while being subject to a neverending heat/rut the demons implanted in them)

Face: Dragon

Tongue: Dragon

Horns: Demonic (2, will erase excess pairs)

skinFurScales: Scales (red/orange/brown)

Hands: custom: clawed demon arms w/ scales, can conjure flame like salamander taii

Cock: undecided.  Preferably reptilian, probably custom.  Don't want to reuse lizan or dragon, and don't want genital slit.  Perhaps lizan like with scaley sheath? 

Legs: Reptilian

Tail: Salamander

Removes: antennae, wings

Perk: One with the flame (The blaze within your body purifies you and empowers your flames)

Loose 1 corruption every 12 hours, 20% flame skill damage increase (Raging inferno: stacks additivly), power: Blazing fire (whitefire cost/formula, can be used while silenced) 

Xianxia: -20 speed, +20 strength, +20 toughness, +50 intelligence, +500 soulforce capacity, +20 lust ceiling, +50 libido (always in heat/rut)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Phoenixes, Salamanders, Kitsunes (and soonish one more race that will have it debut in Xianxia) atm got some qualities to be placed on the fire side. From enemies we already got also we can add to this list hellhounds that... well technicaly they're really deep tied to hellfire up to point it was meantioned in some other thread they couldn't exist without having hellfire in them (I think it was hellhound follower thread here) and that also making them naturaly heavy corrupted race without much hopes to become by some miracle a pure race.

Looking at your bonuses Zevos for Xianxia it would...ohh boy req. around...umm let me caltulate how much bonuses there is here...at least 9 or more points in their racial score to get all those bonuses (I got easy caltulation at 4+ bonuses from str/tou/spe/int/lib after adding must be within _+10-20 range, at 5+ races bonsues that limit is +30-40 and so on so here it would req. limit range of +110-120 that equal to 9+ racial score - bonsues like this one to max soulforce or lust ceiling could be treated as bonuses). Unless you would make some of bonuses (str/tou/int/lib) slight lower or either make spe penatly higher it will be hard to get those bonuses in way my mod racial bonuses are set up.

Other way would make 1 or 2 perks for them that would first req. racial score around 5-6 pts that would add additional max stats like salamanders have with adrenal glands that adds +5 to max lib and str. (So no I not saying you proposed stats are wrong just you went slight overboard even for Xianxia standards unless you're willing to gate those stats after this 9+ points req. - but I must admit I like desing of this race of yours...must...resist...asimilating...it xD nagh I got too many stuff for now to do such lowly thing).

Ohh one thing I think this race could be good target of giving PC same perk that some monsters got and that would be ice weakness (still not feel it would be fair to give fire nature perk as then ANY enemy using ice in attacks could pretty much almost KO PC in 1-2 attacks)

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Shots fired, shots missed. 

I would like to see a magic reptile race, but perhaps it could be another element instaid.  I'm not sure entirely about ice, i'll probably unlock the full Xianxia spellbook at one point and decide on another take of the concept.

I fully understand that i went a bit overboard on the perk/bonus.  Can i have some options for perk/stat bonuses that could be on par with Kitsune? 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
No harm done. It's thread for brainstorming stuff so nothing would go to waste...jsut some stuff will be transformed so much it would be barely recognizable later.

For all spells in Xianixa you will need to get around 125-135 int to get all grey spells. As for magical race as I think somewhere meantioned I would be making in future (not sure how near or far away) twin tailed cats aka nekomants that would be masters of ice element and similary good at magic as kitsunes. So given kitsunes seems to be more inclined toward use of fire could put those two races on default not friendly terms.

Nah you not went as much on bonuses...if it would be some around 11-12 racial points needed for this bonuses...then I would say you went overboard ;)

For Kitsune perks/stats way they are in Xianxia it's: racial score 6+ (and naturaly all 9 tails) for getting -10 max str, -10 max tou, +20 max spe and +50 max int, +200 max fatigue and +500 max soulforce. Perks they got is naturaly only Nine Tails either pure or corrupted versions that adds 2 attacks (one is fox fire and other is supporting spell that are currently medicore usefull). Last benefit of been kitsune is having instead of 1 fatigue point regeneration of 2-3 points in combat. I added also specific for kitsunes perk that would increase dmg of fox fire attack 2 times and rise fatigue combat regeneration to 4-6 points.

That would be in nutshell kitsunes from Xianxia so I hope it will help you slightly to set bonuses to stats and perks for your magiacal reptiles race.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Shot two: Eastern dragons

Powers would be dependent on whiskers, which would fill the antennae slot and be mutally exclusive with nine tails.  And eventually, twin cat tails. 

Maybe something electric based. 

My kitsune from revamp is showing up: Kitsune: 9 (-20 max Str, -20 max Tou, +40 max Spe, +100 max Int, +400 max Fatigue, +600 max Soulforce)

Might be the result of having both nine tails perks.

So for statpack: -20 str, +10 speed, +50 int, +200 fatigue, +20 lust and passive soulforce regeneration, the amount i'll leave to you to decide.

While i really, really want to copy terrify, its really not that needed.  What i really want to see for racial power is a whitefire clone that could be used while silenced or high lust.  Something thats always at hand, even if it becomes the last option. 

If this works i'll start throwing around concepts for how it actually appears. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
On stat bonuses I found today minor bug...despite game showing bonus of 300 max soulforce it was really in code 500 so now I edited this type so game will be showing properly amount of soulforce added to kitsunes. And it indeed seems it counted kitsune bonuses twice (with this bugged in dislplay value for max soulforce).

Looking at stats I quessing it will be 5+ racial score needed for this stats so this is fine unless you want this race req. also at least 6 points like kitsune (and then you can add somewhere additional 10-20 point sin total to main stats bonuses). This passive soulforce regeneration is meant to be in combat/out of combat or in both (like regeneration perk effects)?

As this racial power been clone of whitefire it would be fire or electric based?

This approach to race: I like it and it's better with jsut needing to been made concepts for details like if this racre would use some exisitng body parts and those special powers/perks: what it would be exactly. Also idea to make whiskers that will take antennae slot is also unique idea.

With this one idea you could start thowing concepts how it would all exaclty supposed to work ^^

I off for some time so have a good thinking Zevos and gn to ya all.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Soulforce regenertaion would be both in/out of combat.  Maybe 30/turn, 50/hr.  The difficulty is two rates that are sorta close ish so you don't have crazy regeneration mid combat and snail regen outside.
   Unless its an adrenaline sort of thing.  When threatened, soulforce regen kicks up to da max. This will need more ironing out.  Moving on!

We have plenty of heavy duty dps magic powers already.  I want this to be elec based (sadly, no raging fire, but we already have too many fire powers flying around i suppose), and use whitefire's formula.  The lack of fire support would make it less potent then whitefire, but it would still be ahead of foxfire. 

I also sorta want a second power, but this is where we get into the grey zone where ideas like flameborn come to die. 

Maybe an anti stun power.  Its an elec based magemorph, so why not?  On that note, there are plenty of tech specalist powers to draw inspiration from. 

Also, again in the grey zone of imminent forgottenness, maybe the cost of the elec ability could be trivialized to make up for being inferior to whitefire.  Its already by my concept a last resort ability, making it useable when you're 1298/1300 fatigue would help it in its nitche. 

For morph's name, i'm thinking Shandian (simplification of Shǎndiàn, google translate's chinese equivalent of lightning)

Horns: One pair dragon

Antenae: whiskers.  Grants and dependence for powers, +1or2 additional racial score

Face: Dragon, whiskers if they cannot fit into antenae for whatever reason

Tongue: Dragon

skinFurScales: Fur or scales (most art i found had either/or/and, so why limit) Possible compromise: scales but appropriate bodyparts are fuzzy like frostfire foxparts. 

Wings:  None

Tail: Dragon

Dick:  Dragon, sheathed

Legs: Unsure.  open to ideas. 

Additional note:  Mane like full dragon ember + 2 hair extension between head and tailtip.  Not sure what body part that should be in yet.  Also, want it to go into rut if possible for ember's dragon reproduction drive. 

This could just be added to Evangeline's list of crazy.  Possibly using dragon flower plus soul pills. 

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016

Most of the subraces are the same morphs with a minor specifics. Arctic fox is a fox with white or gray fur, tiger is a sizable cat-morph with notable thickness etc.

Which means, that many subraces should have their very own body parts, even if most bodyparts of subraces would have the exact same description. A lion for example could even have its own hairType.
For feline races I even consider to either add a new generic armType (=ARM_TYPE_FELINE) or an armType for every single feline race (I guess, the latter is preferrable, since I see dragonne arms as starting with fur from the fingers down to the biceps with the rest being 'skinFurScales' for example.
And don't forget, that the claws will grant you a claw-attack, not the arms themselves.
TL/DR: Don't be afraid of adding new bodyParts to your races. And leave the final implementation up to the coders.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Zevos I think I would look over this soulforce regen to tune it up. On electric attack been slight inferior...it's matter of making perk similar to Blazing Inferno or Glacial Storm that would buff up all electric type attack chained one after another. Plus adding 23 places where attack would be using lighting to make it not so niche type of attacks.

Yeah I won't be against Eve been able to craft them for PC. For body parts as Stadler said belwo your post there wont be touble if you some of body parts replace from jsut dragon to it own race versions even if it would be like he said about having virtualy same desc.

@Stadler Well I would also more like this approach of if needed to make new body part then try stuff some already existing (like harpy arms and phoenix arms for xianxia are different only by fact ones are just covered in feathers while others are specificaly stated to be covered in red feathers xD )

SIDE NOTE: Does you done any more work than this in post on second page about Beach/Ocean locations Stadler? I find those two location fitting to be used to make chaing to get to Krakken gal I made (she isn't pushover so around 25-30 lvl with decent equip PC is a must to be safe while fighting her so I need some higher lvl aquatic location to placed here there).

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
@Stadler Well I would also more like this approach of if needed to make new body part then try stuff some already existing (like harpy arms and phoenix arms for xianxia are different only by fact ones are just covered in feathers while others are specificaly stated to be covered in red feathers xD )

Yeah, lets make Phoenixes, that are completely different from those, that are already ingame aka Pure Phoenix.
Even the TF is already ingame: Just TF from full-Harpy to mander and then go to the appearance tab and see, what you've become ;)

SIDE NOTE: Does you done any more work than this in post on second page about Beach/Ocean locations Stadler? I find those two location fitting to be used to make chaing to get to Krakken gal I made (she isn't pushover so around 25-30 lvl with decent equip PC is a must to be safe while fighting her so I need some higher lvl aquatic location to placed here there).

I just started a Google Docs document for this: CoC: New Locations - Beach and Ocean and gave you permission to edit it. So, feel free. I guess, I'll just copy&paste my post on page 2 into that doc and format it later. Just give me a sec.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I just started a Google Docs document for this: CoC: New Locations - Beach and Ocean and gave you permission to edit it. So, feel free. I guess, I'll just copy&paste my post on page 2 into that doc and format it later. Just give me a sec.

Ok I would look it a little bit later. I want try do this another part of work with Mara Fruit and wire for test purposes Liadri gargoyle TF. I had some devilish idea for choice of enemies found and beach...would when I look at gdoc add this idea to see what you think about it.