Possible Fur Styles?

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
Hey,

Do you think that Steele being able to style their fur would be too much of a hassle? Like, have Ceria -- or a helper of hers, maybe? -- make it so that you can customize how your fur looks without having to rely on specific TFs, so that for e)(ample...you could make an Ausar-PC look like a Poodle, or a Bovine PC look specifically like a Holstein or have this ridiculous kind of fur and haircut?

Or should trying to look like specific "species" of animal just be regulated to TFs?

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016

Lol. So, def. just keep it to items? I'll keep that in mind if that's the case.

How about expanding the styles of hair that Ceria can offer a PC? Or slightly -- though I don't know how "slightly," it  would be, tbh -- expanding some fur descriptors so changing your hairstyle can affect your fur description?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
No currently existing scenes in the game would reference the new fur style variable and Sav and Fen aren't willing to go back to plug the needed parser calls into every already coded scene in the game. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
No currently existing scenes in the game would reference the new fur style variable and Sav and Fen aren't willing to go back to plug the needed parser calls into every already coded scene in the game. 

It could be a part of the skinFurScales function. Hair style is not a separate parser call too.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Meh, there are plenty of things that could use more love in scenes but won't get it. Doesn't mean we can't throw it in.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Aaand done. Once again, we have players expressing their desire to get a shiny new ultra-specific feature. Then come writers, pointing out the ever broadening scope of variables they have to wrestle with, the miniscule usefulness of the suggested feature and the problem of retroactively adding it to the existing scenes. Finally, the players in question use the 'it'll be an Appearence screen thing' argument.

Personally, I've turned from seeing anything added in any capacity as something positive to only wanting features that will get a meaningful amount of support from the authors. Mostly because there already are three and a half minor features I really like and almost universally add to my character, that get zero support in the scenes. So I have to use my severely limited imagination to fine tune those scenes.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
To be completely fair, a lot of the appeal is the fact that I can imagine my PC, and probably way better than the game can tell me about her. There are a couple of extremely minor traits I snagged, though, like a Vanae penis.