Taur Discriptions

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Is there any plan to revamp the descriptions of taurs? Specifically non-horse taurs?  My steele is a Cat-taur which had a unique description when it happened, but afterwords the description page just describes it as horse like when it isn't.

Fuzzybear

Sep 15, 2015
I agree that the Description page  for 'taurs and maybe a few other species needs a bit of tweaking, but i doubt much will be done with it for a few reasons:

Firstly, i imagine that little cosmetic things like this are pretty low-priority to begin with.

Secondly; I'd imagine that with all the stuff Fen and Co have on their plates with bug-fixing /  Uveto, that anything else is pretty far down on their list of concerns.

Thirdly,, given the amount of support that 'taurs have to begin with, I'd imagine that unless someone goes out of their way to either make this themselves or commission it done, i doubt it will happen.

As much as I'd love for this to be a bit more critter-specific, i don't see it happening any time soon.

I'd like to think that a little species-specific thing like this, based on the "race score" would be easy enough to tie into the description parser, but I'm betting even that would be a monumental task

If you had (for instance) a  vulpine face, ears,fox feet and multiple fox-tails it might say you've become a Kitsune-Taur.

You started life as a {Species}, but you've become a  {Fox/Cat//Horse/Leithan/Dragon/bunny/Raccoon} -Taur over the course of your adventures! From the waist down, you have a bestial, (leg-num) form like that of a (Fox/Cat/Horse/Leithan/Dragon/bunny/Raccoon}    ... or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Well Species wise its correct, Im a chakat.  Its more the whole lower body description as a generic horse like instead of cat/dog/vulpine. Whatever your race is, so long as you don't have hooves it should describe it as something other than horse like. Cause besides a little different in pelt coloration, deer, horse, bovine all have a near Identical bodyshape so horse like fits.

tobi3b-4691.cover.jpg

credit goes to the artist, I couldn't find a name.

Fuzzybear

Sep 15, 2015
My point was that little cosmetic things like this , if they are even on the list at all, are so far down on said list they cant even see daylight for all the other things sitting on top of them...

As much as i would love for the Taur description to be a little less generic, i don't see it happening any time soon...

Panth

May 22, 2016
Some-what related... How on Uveto did you manage to become a Cat-taur? o_O

I thought only horse-taur tf was supported in the game, hence why taurs would always be described as horse-like.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well Species wise its correct, Im a chakat.  Its more the whole lower body description as a generic horse like instead of cat/dog/vulpine. Whatever your race is, so long as you don't have hooves it should describe it as something other than horse like. Cause besides a little different in pelt coloration, deer, horse, bovine all have a near Identical bodyshape so horse like fits.

Hm... I actually like the idea, but someone has to write said descriptions.

Also, all scenes are written with a horse/leithan taurs in mind. Superior flexibility of other species? Nope. So non-taur scenes oftenly make more sense than taur ones for chakats.

Some-what related... How on Uveto did you manage to become a Cat-taur? o_O

I thought only horse-taur tf was supported in the game, hence why taurs would always be described as horse-like.

Catnip. Use it on legs in override mode while already have feline legs. Or use it when you are already another kind of taur. The second way works with the Foxfire as well.

Panth

May 22, 2016
Catnip. Use it on legs in override mode while already have feline legs. Or use it when you are already another kind of taur. The second way works with the Foxfire as well.

Oh, okay. Dang, I was hoping for a legitimate way to become an ausar-taur without using the save editing tool.

Panth

May 22, 2016
Taurs with human legs? Weird, as for me.

Oh yeah, forgot canon ausar were just lazy people half-assedly dressing up as canines.
Another reason why one must resort to save editing.

Dog/wolf-taur, then.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Oh yeah, forgot canon ausar were just lazy people half-assedly dressing up as canines.
Another reason why one must resort to save editing.

Dog/wolf-taur, then.

Isn't foxtaur close enough?

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
Hm... I actually like the idea, but someone has to write said descriptions.

Also, all scenes are written with a horse/leithan taurs in mind. Superior flexibility of other species? Nope. So non-taur scenes oftenly make more sense than taur ones for chakats.

So, you can't legitimately become a Cat-Taur in-game?

That might e)(plain why the game doesn't support describing it.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
\/\/hat \/\/ould it take to make the Appearance screen reflect that? 

The appearance is using one generic line for all taurs. But it is implied that exact appearance is based on the legs type. So if you have four feline legs you are cat-taur.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
i'm kinda surprised people didn't realize you could use catnip to become a taur.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
The appearance is using one generic line for all taurs. But it is implied that exact appearance is based on the legs type. So if you have four feline legs you are cat-taur.

I'm confused, then -- so does the appearance description say "You have four legs," and that's it, or...?

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
it just describes your lower half as horse-like regardless of if it actually looks that way, but for species it will use based off your legs.  I'm a chakat cause I have a feline head, ears, arms, tail and legs (all 4 of them). change the legs changes the species (I'm not sure what it will say if I changed my legs to horse, it may say feline taur, or alien hybrid)

Edit It will call you a centaur if you have horse lower half, regardless of upperhalf.  I wander how many other taurs are in game in terms of species.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Added some generic noun variety in the "taur" lower body description of the appearance screen in the pull request (#839).

Feline lower bodies should now be considered as "vaguely like that of a felid" instead of "like that of a horse". Anything that isn't given a generic noun should default to "horse" though, since taurs do "vaguely" look like that.

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016
it just describes your lower half as horse-like regardless of if it actually looks that way, but for species it will use based off your legs.  I'm a chakat cause I have a feline head, ears, arms, tail and legs (all 4 of them). change the legs changes the species (I'm not sure what it will say if I changed my legs to horse, it may say feline taur, or alien hybrid)

Edit It will call you a centaur if you have horse lower half, regardless of upperhalf.  I wander how many other taurs are in game in terms of species.

Okay, found the te)(t:

"From the waist down, you have a bestial, four-legged form vaguely like that of a horse."

How else would you suggest the game change this? Any ideas?

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Added some generic noun variety in the "taur" lower body description of the appearance screen in the pull request (#839).

Feline lower bodies should now be considered as "vaguely like that of a felid" instead of "like that of a horse". Anything that isn't given a generic noun should default to "horse" though, since taurs do "vaguely" look like that.

Yay!

Okay, found the te)(t:

"From the waist down, you have a bestial, four-legged form vaguely like that of a horse."

How else would you suggest the game change this? Any ideas?

Just have the body be described as whatever your legs are, feline-> felid, canine-> canid ect

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016

Is it too much trouble to ask / what could I do to make the appearance section account for a Taur that has Plantigrade human legs. (It's part of a TF I'm designing.)

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
That sounds really weird, what TF would this be exactly?

epidemico

Apr 5, 2016

It's an idea I have for one of the first transformations associated an "Alien" TF I'm designing; one of the first levels (if possible) would turn Taur parts human, and the ne)(t would turn those parts into alien parts. (Sorry if that's not very specific, I'm just seeing if it's possible so that people taking the TF could turn into really alien looking Taurs.

(Like an Andralite, maybe?)

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Is it too much trouble to ask / what could I do to make the appearance section account for a Taur that has Plantigrade human legs. (It's part of a TF I'm designing.)

If it's outlined in whatever reference document you are typing up, it shouldn't be too hard to add. For example, having 6 Lizan legs will display the leithan variant of taur-like legs: "From the waist down, you have a powerful, six-legged body that looks like a crossbreed of a lizard and a horse."

If there is a sentence that is just as generic, it can be added, no problem. The basic taur description is for if the special cases aren't met first (such as the feline taur legs). Usually it will say the taur lower body first, then hip/butt/tails, then describe the legs going down ("You have normal human legs that end in feet."), so you don't need to be too detailed with the leg descriptions.

crushogre

Sep 2, 2015

tumblr_mzzbr7Zhlc1qm14y4o1_500.jpg

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015

This is both weird and aesthetic... I almost want to see this in-game. 

"Your lower body is a bigger version of a human body, and although you can stand totally upright with it it usually crouches and walks on all four because of the weight of your upper body"