I found a special name.

DonKiwi

Feb 6, 2016
Well, as the title implies, I found a special name simply because it's my go to name for female characters.

Now the reason I started this thread is because I'm not really sure how to handle this.

For example I don't know wether or not I should (or am allowed to) share it with others or if I'm even allowed to use it myself.

I'd like to hear you guys opinion on it but until I know exactly what the situation is I will keep the name to myself.

Riaten

Sep 1, 2015
You can find special names quite easily so I would say go ahead. Saying that, I'm not sure if there is an official or an unwritten rule about it.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You are discouraged from sharing special names, but nobody's going to stop you from using it yourself if you want to.

DonKiwi

Feb 6, 2016
You can find special names quite easily so I would say go ahead. Saying that, I'm not sure if there is an official or an unwritten rule about it.

that's exactly why I'm posting I just wanna make sure that I don't piss anyone off.

You are discouraged from sharing special names, but nobody's going to stop you from using it yourself if you want to.

okay that's kinda what I expected. Then I guess I'll just go ahead and have fun with on my own :D

Melkor

Sep 16, 2015
I guess naming my characters the same thing every time has had the opposite effect for me

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I was disappointed that naming your character "Fenoxo" or "Savin" wouldn't trigger anything. I was hoping for at least a "ಠ_ಠ" to show up when I tried.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I was hoping for at least a "ಠ_ಠ"

Sadly not, in fact one of the names is impossible to use since it uses the ^ accent and the game won't accept certain characters

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
As long one can read code it not need to quess names. SO some are jsut lucky to find names they been always using to be actual names that some backer back in a days picked as special name.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Noone would suspect you for some underhand things. Well as long you not gonna run around forum telling all those special names you *found*

Seen already at least one other person that also happened to play always with name that turned out to be special one like your case. SO I wonder how long till new lurker come to forum saying his/her chara name is special too ^^

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
I wonder if theres someone out there just guessing names....

I would do this but i wouldn't expect some of the weird anime names n stuff.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I would do this but i wouldn't expect some of the weird anime names n stuff. 

Knowing furries, these are exactly the kind of names you want to look for.

If I had a dime for every Shadowmoon Nightsteel or variant thereof...

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Knowing furries, these are exactly the kind of names you want to look for.

If I had a dime for every Shadowmoon Nightsteel or variant thereof...

I'ts funny, but none of the special names are like this.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I'ts funny, but none of the special names are like this.

Fen not coded yet ALL special names so who can say if few of those yet to be coded won't follow this rule about furries?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I thought they were all coded? In any case most of them are single first names (with "sort of" exceptions), as your last name will always be Steele.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I got impression that Fen so far chew throu many like more than half of them but still some left to add. Or was it jsut other stuff from Offbeatr campin that isn't special names -_-' DIging throu last blogposts I not see any meantion of "secret list" of things he needed still to do for those backers.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Sadly not, in fact one of the names is impossible to use since it uses the ^ accent and the game won't accept certain characters

I noticed that during testing, and this should be fixed for the the next release, hopefully.