E3 2016

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
So what games are everyone else interested from E3 this year?

I myself am interested in in Persona 5, Final Fantasy XV, the new Dues Ex and maybe Pokémon Sun and Moon.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Persona 5 and Deus Ex. Don't care if it's in E3 or not, the game I'm really looking forward to is SMT4: Apocalypse.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
That new Deus Ex has me interested for a few reasons. I really, REALLY liked Deus Ex 1 and I'm keen to see how they link it up. Looks like they've taken the discrimination against mech augs mentioned in DE1 and turned it into a real issue, so that's cool. The characterisation of Adam Jensen has taken a turn for the gritty, which in my opinion was the correct choice given all he's been through. All of the trailers showed him being incredibly violent and bitter, which is about what I'd expect for a man who travels to the end of the world only to find he was basically just a genetic freakshow his girlfriend took advantage of, oh and she's banging a mercenary. Also all of the work you did is meaningless because of shadowy organisations running the world. Welcome to Deus Ex, enjoy your stay. I wonder if they'll sneak MJ12 in there or show any of the precursors to the events of DE1.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Persona 5 and Deus Ex. Don't care if it's in E3 or not, the game I'm really looking forward to is SMT4: Apocalypse.

Apocalypse has been confirmed for E3. I just want to get SMT IV first before the sequel, which is why I didn't previously mention it. Although that means I have to wait longer before fighting YHWH.

Blackened Angel

Mar 25, 2016
Itsuno has been hinting at a big reveal this year. And with the pic of JYB and Reuben Langdom in mocap gear "leaked" early this year, I can only hope it will be DMC5.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
I just want to see any actual gameplay for Mass Effect: Andromeda and Horizon Zero Dawn, Deus EX and the Warhammer "look" interesting but I'd just be getting into the franchise, so I'm a bit hesitant. Anything else I'll just have to see what they got.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I just want to see any actual gameplay for Mass Effect: Andromeda and Horizon Zero Dawn, Deus EX and the Warhammer "look" interesting but I'd just be getting into the franchise, so I'm a bit hesitant. Anything else I'll just have to see what they got.

You could always play Human Revolution before Mankind Divided. There's no need to play the outdated (Yes, it fucking is.) original and sequel.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Apocalypse has been confirmed for E3. I just want to get SMT IV first before the sequel, which is why I didn't previously mention it. Although that means I have to wait longer before fighting YHWH.

SMT IV was lots of fun (besides fiend hunting), though I totally understand why people say the map's a clusterfuck. If you don't know where the cities are and don't talk to everyone, you're just roaming the map hoping to hit the right area.

And I'm super excited about the YHWH battle- fortunately I had already been spoiled by a picture of it I happened upon...or reading your post would've bugged me... But yeah, the last direct battle was in SMT2 (or maybe SJ). I look forward to it.

Tip for IV: Register demons with good skills just before they level up and gain all their skills. You can whisper skills to MC, pull said demons back from the compendium, and whisper them again to quickly rank up skills. Makes the early game (what people find most frustrating) much easier. Anyway, hope you enjoy IV!

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
You could always play Human Revolution before Mankind Divided. There's no need to play the outdated (Yes, it fucking is.) original and sequel.

DE1 is still a really good game (I first played it in about 2010 I think) but dated as hell. It was interesting on two fronts, though; experiencing it as a game (at which it was stellar) and experiencing as the forefather of many other FPS RPGs to come. I personally got over how archaic it was quite quickly (the saying is that once you get past the awful first level it's amazing), but I wouldn't blame someone who couldn't.

Here's an interview about Mankind Divided if anyone's interested.

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331797263050/deus-ex-interview-with-writer-mary-demarle

Last edited by a moderator:

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I totally forgot about Yooka-Laylee! I just saw the e3 trailer, and it even had the same talking sounds at the end! I usually try to temper my hype...but dammit it's there in spades for this game.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I'm a bit annoyed.

Persona 5 has been delayed until Feb 2017.

Well, at least it's coming out.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I'm a bit annoyed.

Persona 5 has been delayed until Feb 2017.

Well, at least it's coming out.

Better than getting some unfinished, half-assed garbage that needs to have fuck ups patched every two weeks.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Better than getting some unfinished, half-assed garbage that needs to have fuck ups patched every two weeks.

I know. The main reason I'm annoyed is that it looks like Japan is still getting the game this year in September, while we get it 5 months later.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Going to be replaying the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Resources in the run-up to the sequel's release. I am very much stoked for it because I remember Hormone Rebellion as being an excellent game, if slightly too... yellow.

XCom 2 is receiving a PS3/Xbox release as well. Well recommended to any console friends out there, even if you don't get the sweet mods which really make it.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Going to be replaying the Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Resources in the run-up to the sequel's release. I am very much stoked for it because I remember Hormone Rebellion as being an excellent game, if slightly too... yellow.

Being as invested in DE1 as I am, I couldn't believe how well they pulled off High Rollers. I fully expected to wade through a trench of bullshit with my Kawwadoody helm strapped on and my automatic pulse rifle gunning down the bad mans. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of Jensen's story; I like that guy a lot as a character.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Ok, thank to watching the new Kingdom Hearts 2.8 trailer last night, that game is now at the top of my list of games I want which are appearing at E3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackened Angel

Mar 25, 2016
Bethesda:

>literally "buy Skyrim again guys"

>"remember The Elder Scrolls Online, that game nobody liked and the only people who played were the poor saps who didn't know better? Here's more content for it."

VR for Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 kind of make up for that shit, but still...

Also, CAPCOM sure doesn't know when to stop beating on a dead horse. Resident Evil has become their Mario Party.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Also, CAPCOM sure doesn't know when to stop beating on a dead horse. Resident Evil has become their Mario Party.

Resident Evil and Street Fighter are all they have now, and it shows by the CoD treatment they're getting: the yearly drip feed. They absolutely ruined Megaman. I stopped giving a damn about Capcom after they brutally maimed the Okami franchise. Shutting down Clover was still the best thing to have happened though, since they went and founded Platinum. A pity they couldn't take their IPs with them, but I digress. Ah, and while a new Dragon's Dogma would've been nice, they're pushing the asia only online pretty hard; it's basically Capcom's PSO2.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Capcom is Resident Evil and Street Fighter are all they have now, and it shows by the CoD treatment they're getting: the yearly drip feed. They absolutely ruined Megaman. I stopped giving a damn about Capcom after they brutally maimed the Okami franchise. Shutting down Clover was still the best thing to have happened though, since they went and founded Platinum. A pity they couldn't take their IPs with them, but I digress. Ah, and while a new Dragon's Dogma would've been nice, they're pushing the asia only online pretty hard; it's basically Capcom's PSO2.

Capcom hasn't been as great since the PS2 era. I think the last good game I played from them was Shadow of Rome........really need to play the first Okami myself -_-'

Anyway, other games from E3 I'm now interested in are the new God of War, The Last Guardian and Days Gone and horizon zero dawn.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah... I forgot about that trailer. The game tho. I could almost hear those 70k backers cry out.