Hardlight prosthetics

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
So, hardlights are future sex toys. I cleared my cache and lost my online save and can't be bothered mashing a new character to the first character with a hardlight scene (Shade?), but this was something I'd been meaning to ask anyway. Are they along the lines of "the wearer feels the strapon as if it were their own dick" or more "the strapon stimulates the wearer in a manner that is similar to having their own dick", because the distinction is important. I don't recall from the scenes I've seen, and I'm not sure it's even consistent (could be, I just don't remember). Send help, I can't write this scene otherwise.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
So, hardlights are future sex toys. I cleared my cache and lost my online save and can't be bothered mashing a new character to the first character with a hardlight scene (Shade?), but this was something I'd been meaning to ask anyway. Are they along the lines of "the wearer feels the strapon as if it were their own dick" or more "the strapon stimulates the wearer in a manner that is similar to having their own dick", because the distinction is important. I don't recall from the scenes I've seen, and I'm not sure it's even consistent (could be, I just don't remember). Send help, I can't write this scene otherwise.

You get full tactile sensation through your hardlight cock.

Lots of [pc.cockOrStrapon] scenes exist without much in the way of internal variation.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I apologize in advance for poking at this can of worms, but what about hardlight variation? Do they come in differing sizes or styles? Can they change on the fly?

The pervert in me is creepily whispering "Please God yes," but the writer is screaming "Please God no."

Currently only Anno has a modded hardlight strapon. She can make it switch between kitty cock, equine, ausar and terran. She can do it on the fly too. After asking her about her strapon mods you can choose which one you want her to fuck you with.

The rest of us however have to be content with the one variant we have.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
the title of this made me think of the possibility of a hardlight arm for example, which would be pretty inconvenient but also rather badass. 

energy arm.gif

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
the title of this made me think of the possibility of a hardlight arm for example, which would be pretty inconvenient but also rather badass. 

View attachment 3802

Heh scene from rebuild ^^

Well hardlight could use some more love aka lil more support be it more scenes for already existing hardlight things or something new like...your meantioned hardlight arm...yeah it would be good if it can blow ange....enemies like a evang...boss :D

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
From the thread title I also thought TC was gonna talk about a potential hardlight alternative for replacing lost limbs.

@JDeko Mad points for image choice btw. That scene was awesome. ATF arm > (not) human arm.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hardlight arms of other body appendixes could be good choice...IF we get cybernetic TF ingame so for time between somehow PC lost cybernetic body part and somehow finding way to regrown it as organic version it could serve as temporal replacement...unless some would thing it so cool and stay in this "temporal" state.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Makes me wonder if hard light has noticeable mass in TiTSverse. Light does have an extremely small amount- about as negligible as it gets. A hardlight limb would be useless for balance in any case. A hardlight weapon on the other hand would benefit immensely from this lack of weight, what with KE=(1/2)mv^2. Could a firearm be made to shoot hard light rounds? They'd deliver their energy without penetrating at all, which would fit in well given the nature of the game (internal injury gets handwaved anyway). Just how advanced is this field of tech?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh using hardlight to form bullets would make it quite deadly weapon counting those bullets won;t fall apart before hitting it target. As it with barely any weight it would be puny easy give them enough velocity to literaly pierce any material organic or inorganic.

For limbs I think in case of arm if hand part is missing it would still need some not hardlight part to server as base around which would be formed hrdlight outer shell. So here it would make hardlight limb slight heavier but still possible not as heavy as normaly that body part would weight...

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
 As it with barely any weight it would be puny easy give them enough velocity to literaly pierce any material organic or inorganic.

Being weightless, they would also have literally no energy to pierce something. This is basically the same laser.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Being weightless, they would also have literally no energy to pierce something. This is basically the same laser.

While technically irl light doesn't possess mass, it does have momentum, which yields force. So it does affect matter, though as I mentioned it is negligible. But we're not discussing real life light anyway. In the soft sci-fi of TiTS, hard light definitely has some mass. Otherwise how does a hardlight strapon fuck? Thus hard light bullets are possible in-universe.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
While technically irl light doesn't possess mass, it does have momentum, which yields force. So it does affect matter, though as I mentioned it is negligible. But we're not discussing real life light anyway. In the soft sci-fi of TiTS, hard light definitely has some mass. Otherwise how does a hardlight strapon fuck? Thus hard light bullets are possible in-universe.

It still can be weightless.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015

Yes yes photons don't have mass so technically you are right, as I said. But that point has nothing to do with what Ormael or I said about hard light bullets...so what's your point? Are you saying that hard light could be without mass? But then, a massless hard light dick would need an absurd amount of energy to not be collapsed by whatever body you're entering. Having some mass means the required energy to push stuff out of its way would be reduced tremendously. Batteries in the grand future of TiTS might be good, but not good enough for what you seem to be suggesting.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yes yes photons don't have mass so technically you are right, as I said. But that point has nothing to do with what Ormael or I said about hard light bullets...so what's your point? Are you saying that hard light could be without mass? But then, a massless hard light dick would need an absurd amount of energy to not be collapsed by whatever body you're entering. Having some mass means the required energy to push stuff out of its way would be reduced tremendously. Batteries in the grand future of TiTS might be good, but not good enough for what you seem to be suggesting.

We have energy shields in said future.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015

As long Fen or Savin come and say: nada it have weight we can continue ad infinity disscussion if TiTS hardlight is totaly massless or not.

We have energy shields in said future.

Energy shield I would dare to say are easier to explain with already curent tech we got in our wolrd than hardlight that have properties as we see in TiTS. Mainly about hardlight dick acting like real one which is something with it own mass. So if hardlight one version act like realdick it imply fact of hardlights having some minimal mass to not make energy drain too colossal. Also yes it could be powered but with something on antimatter reactor tier which we so far not seen widely used in TiTSverse.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
There is a hardlight bow that is in a shop that has yet to make it in game. Though i do have to say that the thought of hardlight prosthetic limbs is intriguing.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ahh hardlight bow...I totaly forgot about it existance. But it still not ingame so can't use it as example that hardlight seems to have been something with more matter properties than we can quess reading it name that imply it's jsut sme fancy light form. Good it not shooting additional hardlight arrows instead normal ones.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
So, hardlights are future sex toys. I cleared my cache and lost my online save and can't be bothered mashing a new character to the first character with a hardlight scene (Shade?),

You can bang the shopkeeper with one of her own strapons.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
I know this isn't entirely on topic, but just since the subject involves the word "prosthetics"(and someone mentioned it a lil), I'm curious about something after the Myrellion thing came up with the bee missing her arm, how the doctors can literally grow her a new arm(Idk if it came up prior to her), I wonder if you'd be able to buy characters like Saendra a new arm(or any other people missing limbs that come up), since it's fairly cheap, and like Saendra isn't hugely fond of her metal arm it seems.
(I mean I have no problem with the missing limbs or anything, Saendra even looks really good with hers in one of her art, I'm just thinking of it purely because some characters liked having their limbs /o/)

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I know this isn't entirely on topic, but just since the subject involves the word "prosthetics"(and someone mentioned it a lil), I'm curious about something after the Myrellion thing came up with the bee missing her arm, how the doctors can literally grow her a new arm(Idk if it came up prior to her), I wonder if you'd be able to buy characters like Saendra a new arm(or any other people missing limbs that come up), since it's fairly cheap, and like Saendra isn't hugely fond of her metal arm it seems.

Saendra's too proud to take money to fix her ship properly (if you didn't fail the quest), so she's definitely too proud to allow you to gift her an arm. If I recall right, she doesn't trust easily, and despises being in someone's debt. And you can't give back an arm. The risk of it being held over her is too great a disincentive; regardless of how nice your Steele may be. In short, she's no charity case.

Plus I'd consider it one of her defining traits. Removing it so simply would make her fade into the crowd.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
On the other hand, it would give me an excuse to get a new bust for her, which I think she desperately needs... hrm~

But yeah, giving Saen her arm back yourself probably isn't in the cards. Could potentially happen as a result of her treasure hunt quest many moons in the future, but who knows.

Skiren

May 25, 2016
Saendra's too proud to take money to fix her ship properly (if you didn't fail the quest), so she's definitely too proud to allow you to gift her an arm. If I recall right, she doesn't trust easily, and despises being in someone's debt. And you can't give back an arm. The risk of it being held over her is too great a disincentive; regardless of how nice your Steele may be. In short, she's no charity case.

Plus I'd consider it one of her defining traits. Removing it so simply would make her fade into the crowd.

Well, to be fair, fixing(or whatever it is you pay for) her ship costs 20 thousand, whereas a FULL new arm costs only 6k(with Saendra still having most of her arm, which might make it cost less)
Either way though, it wouldn't hurt to let you ask. Asking most likely wouldn't be taken well, but it'd be better than your character seeming oblivious to the fact that new arms are easily payed for.

On the other hand, it would give me an excuse to get a new bust for her, which I think she desperately needs... hrm~

But yeah, giving Saen her arm back yourself probably isn't in the cards. Could potentially happen as a result of her treasure hunt quest many moons in the future, but who knows.

It's just a lil sad when you do the quests in the order I did, like I fixed the ant girl's arm right before I got to Saendra, and she's all sad about her arm, and it's like "I could fix that with like 4% of my current money".
I wouldn't say her current bust is "bad", but I do consider that lewd Cheshire one on the wiki with her laying down to be much prettier(even if the arm is inaccurate), though Idk if you agree about that.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Well, to be fair, fixing(or whatever it is you pay for) her ship costs 20 thousand, whereas a FULL new arm costs only 6k(with Saendra still having most of her arm, which might make it cost less)

The good bugpony doctor that administers the treatment specifically talks about the price being much lower than usual due to the UGC war relief program, which covers a major part of the cost.

In any case, 6k is a lot of money from in-universe standpoint . You can look up an old thread that about it, but basically it's a year worth of savings for an average joe. The rewards and prices we see is the result of combined gameplay and story segregation, authors not caring too much about in-game economy and Steele Junior enjoying access to EZ money due to their company connections and good old adventuring tropes. 

Lastly the sum would matter much less to Saendra than princie of things. Granted , I don't know what further proof of PC's trustworthiness she may want after we saved her bacon twice and learned about at least a good chunk of her secrets, including Black Void bounty on her head.