New Save Editing Issues

ZephZeph

Dec 5, 2015
ZephZeph here again, needing some help with save editing and if this helps other people that's even better.. I didn't know how to save edit for a long time until I read this amazing link made by an amazing person who is probably a smarter person than me https://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1359-bestest-minerva-guide-to-save-editing-ever/ . It worked fine for months and made the game a lot more enjoyable but recently I have noticed its not working and here are some problems I've encountered:

1. File does not appear in load game

Answer: You probably changed the name of the file, even if you changed it to make it look correct DO NOT CHAGE FILE NAMES.

The main problem is that the edits never appear. I change something like physique to 20, save the file, go to downloads and move the new one into the shared objects folder and take the old one out. This worked for me before and now it doesn't the physique stays the same as it was before. If someone could please tell me if save editing doesn't work anymore or I'm doings something wrong it would be very helpful.

Below is a link to the file I created only thing changed is physique.

Also I know this isn't the most tidy post but its 12am so I tried my best. :3

View attachment TiTs_1.sol

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
The five main stats are hard capped to a level. So if you raise your physique to 20, you need to be level 4 for your physique to match your edits.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Your level appears to be level 1, the only way to get to 20 physique is if you have the accompanying level for it (the level being 4).

The five main stats are hard capped to a level. So if you raise your physique to 20, you need to be level 4 for your physique to match your edits.

Literally beat me by a minute, wow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
1. File does not appear in load game

-Save names look like CoC_n and TiTs_n with n representing whatever save slot it's occupying. Changing any of this will cause the save to simply not appear on the load screen

:p

Not so amazing btw (though I appreciate the compliment), I just screw up a lot, so I learn a lot.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
I change something like physique to 20, save the file, go to downloads and move the new one into the shared objects folder and take the old one out.

I find it's easier to simply load up the save I want to edit, save it again in a new slot, then edit the new save.

Then, I load the edited save and make sure it loads and that my changes worked. Then, I overwrite the old save with the edited one and I can delete the extra copy.

This way, you don't have to worry about shuffling files around on your computer to make sure you don't overwrite your working save with a broken one.

Sicaa

Jan 27, 2016
I'm not sure that was the problem though. I just tried changing one of my main stats to 100 (way more than my max) and it loaded just fine. The stat simply jumped to its highest possible value. Your problem sounds to me more like you're using the wrong version of minerva. I seem to remember having this sort of problem a long time ago after I updated it for the first and last time. The version I'm using is 3.5.0, its constantly bugging me for updates, but it also never corrupts my saves.

Edit: to clarify, that's for the files not appearing poblem, not the stat one. That won't change no matter what.

ZephZeph

Dec 5, 2015
:p

Not so amazing btw (though I appreciate the compliment), I just screw up a lot, so I learn a lot.

No your guide is really helpful and well organized and has helped a ton of people, the only thing your guide needed was a section saying "when you click save it doesn't automatically put it in the tits folder, you have to go to downloads and put it into the folder yourself and put the old file in a safe location as a backup."

I'm not sure that was the problem though. I just tried changing one of my main stats to 100 (way more than my max) and it loaded just fine. The stat simply jumped to its highest possible value. Your problem sounds to me more like you're using the wrong version of minerva. I seem to remember having this sort of problem a long time ago after I updated it for the first and last time. The version I'm using is 3.5.0, its constantly bugging me for updates, but it also never corrupts my saves.

Edit: to clarify, that's for the files not appearing poblem, not the stat one. That won't change no matter what.

The problem was solved with the level cap not working. Thank you for your help :)