Exhibitionism management

irioth

May 12, 2016
Hello, I wished to inquire if more experienced players than me know of any effective strategy to keep the PC's exhibitionism maximized, short of giving up either of your undergartments (and their Sexiness bonuses). I dislike the topless/going commando look, and I don't want to nerf Sexiness too much, but even daily public masturbation seems ineffective to prevent exhibitionism from steady degradation if you stay fully clothed. And apart from goo armor there are no other ways of raising Sexiness (too bad mimbranes don't give any bonuses for that, despite the cosmetic alterations they provide), otherwise I would embrace the nude bodypaint aesthetic, which seems to vibe well with latex skin, goo armor, and mimbranes. I suppose it is an effect of the system applying the effects of public masturbation and staying fully clothed on the stat at different times, in a way that the former does not really counter the latter.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Chitin armor also gives some Sexiness.

There's no way to avoid exhibitionism degradation without keeping some clothes off at the moment.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Chitin armor also gives some Sexiness.

Indeed, and so does Nyrean chain armor, but I found gray goo armor to be a superior alternative to both, even more so when you apply the crystal upgrade, and to fit well with a mimbrane bodysuit and latex skin

There's no way to avoid exhibitionism degradation without keeping some clothes off at the moment.

That's too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
yeah there aren't any sexy clothes that allow you to retain exhibitionism points yet. There's a few in the game already that would fit with the theme but currently there's no way to do it. Maybe Fen plans on adding it later.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Any clothing combination that retains exposed body parts should allow exposure to remain constant if I'm not mistaken. So it's not a matter of sexiness, but more of a matter of nakedness that keeps the exhibitionist going. Being fully exposed should be like running around naked, so exhibitionism score should raise for those kinds of combos.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
I should really add an "exhibitionist" armor flag for items that don't technically expose bits but are obviously exhibitionist - like transparent jumpsuits and such.

irioth

May 12, 2016
Actually, underbust corset should do.

Nice, but then the game would also need an equivalent for lower undergartment, some kind of crotch-exposing panties and stocking variant that outlines but does not cover vagina(s).

I should really add an "exhibitionist" armor flag for items that don't technically expose bits but are obviously exhibitionist - like transparent jumpsuits and such.

Let me lobby for goo armor to have this flag, at least as one of the new appearance variants.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Are there any crotchless chaps in the game yet? Cause yeah I'd kill for some of those.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
yeah certain clothes/outfits really should have the exhib armor flag :p I mean I tend to have my futa character running around with a Transparent Zipsuit on xD

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
I feel like thongs/jockstraps should have this theoretical exhibitionist flag, and therefore fulfill the lower undergarments equivalent of the underbust corset. Oh and the shibari set I feel should have the flag too.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I feel like thongs/jockstraps should have this theoretical exhibitionist flag, and therefore fulfill the lower undergarments equivalent of the underbust corset. Oh and the shibari set I feel should have the flag too.

Thongs and jockstraps still cover up the bits, though. For it to be exposed needs to actually show the parts. Jockstrap has "ass exposed" because jockstraps only hold the cock and balls. Bend over and there's the hole on full display. Thongs may be eligible for ass, but there's still that floss-string covering it slightly.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
Thongs and jockstraps still cover up the bits, though. For it to be exposed needs to actually show the parts. Jockstrap has "ass exposed" because jockstraps only hold the cock and balls. Bend over and there's the hole on full display. Thongs may be eligible for ass, but there's still that floss-string covering it slightly.

Ehh, I could see it going either way, but I totally see your point. Either way I'm eager to see this system being placed. I too struggle with keeping up my exhibition score lol. 

irioth

May 12, 2016
Just don't wear underwear? S'what I do.

Well, there is still Sexiness to keep up. And the hardlight option is nice to have for those of us who dislike Steele going the herm route, although I understand even fewer sex scenes take it into account ATM than they do with cockvine tails.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well, there is still Sexiness to keep up. And the hardlight option is nice to have for those of us who dislike Steele going the herm route, although I understand even fewer sex scenes take it into account ATM than they do with cockvine tails.

Not being able to have everything you want is called "balance".

irioth

May 12, 2016
Not being able to have everything you want is called "balance".

There is another thing called "optimization", said the guy who gave his character pretty much every useful perk and unique gear.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There is another thing called "optimization", said the guy who gave his character pretty much every useful perk and unique gear.

If you are messing with save edit, you are just one step from modding...

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There is another thing called "optimization", said the guy with the character with every useful perk and unique gear.

What you've done is actually cheating, not optimization.  In fact it's the sort of behavior that gives a bad name to people who actually optimize, which is about working within the rules of the engine to get the best results.

The thing is that TiTS optimization is really simple.  You max out all your stats, become a red myr for their venom, and make sure all of your perk choices are either melee or ranged.  It's not like this is D&D with "here, have a billion feats and only about twenty of them are useful, see if you can figure out which ones".

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
What you've done is actually cheating, not optimization.  In fact it's the sort of behavior that gives a bad name to people who actually optimize, which is about working within the rules of the engine to get the best results.

The thing is that TiTS optimization is really simple.  You max out all your stats, become a red myr for their venom, and make sure all of your perk choices are either melee or ranged.  It's not like this is D&D with "here, have a billion feats and only about twenty of them are useful, see if you can figure out which ones".

No wonder he doesn't want the Goo Armor nerfed, he doesn't want the game to be in any way challenging. 

irioth

May 12, 2016

<shrug> As a matter of fact, I have cheated (and I'm going to cheat) to grab even several perks, special abilities, and unique gear I'm not probably ever going to actually use, or nearly so. It just feels too good to know they are at my fingertips. I feel the need for my characters to be the absolute best of the best at everything I care about and to have everything potentially useful about what I care about, even if it's just an unused option. Rules of the setting/system be damned. If I have to hack the system to do that, I regard it as just a different but equally valid gaming challenge as the within-the-rules optimization you talk about. I don't ever care about any rules, unless they are my own or the ones I gave express, specific, free consent to.

As it concerns non-optimization cheating, I usually do it just to sidestep too much repetitive and boring grinding or obnoxious puzzles - e.g. in TiTS terms, I give myself maximum credits from the beginning, and the lights out puzzle was annoying enough to solve once that I use save editing to get it out of the way on replays, but I wait for unique stuff to unlock when it is supposed to (although I save edit to avoid the choice between equally interesting alternatives), and level advancement usually occurs fast and easy enough I'm not tempted to cheat about it.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
<shrug> As a matter of fact, I have cheated (and I'm going to cheat) to grab even several perks, special abilities, and unique gear I'm not probably ever going to actually use, or nearly so. It just feels too good to know they are at my fingertips. I feel the need for my characters to be the absolute best of the best at everything I care about and to have everything potentially useful about what I care about, even if it's just an unused option. Rules of the setting/system be damned. If I have to hack the system to do that, I regard it as just a different but equally valid gaming challenge as the within-the-rules optimization you talk about. I don't ever care about any rules, unless they are my own or the ones I gave express, specific, free consent to.

As it concerns non-optimization cheating, I usually do it just to sidestep too much repetitive and boring grinding or obnoxious puzzles - e.g. in TiTS terms, I give myself maximum credits from the beginning, and the lights out puzzle was annoying enough to solve once that I use save editing to get it out of the way on replays, but I wait for unique stuff to unlock when it is supposed to (although I save edit to avoid the choice between equally interesting alternatives), and level advancement usually occurs fast and easy enough I'm not tempted to cheat about it.

Can't say I dont understand your point, but this is far from intended game experiece.

irioth

May 12, 2016
If you are messing with save edit, you are just one step from modding...

Indeed, although I'm yet doubtful my skills are up to the task of modding the TiTS system. When the code was accessible and easy enough to mod, such as for Paradox grand strategy games, I've certainly indulged in several instances of minor modding to let the game comply with my tastes.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Can't say I dont understand your point, but this is far from intended game experiece.

Like I've said previously, dude wants absolutely no challenge. 

I'd hate to see how he plays other games.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Like I've said previously, dude wants absolutely no challenge. 

I'd hate to see how he plays other games.

Playing in inconventional way sometimes is another sort of fun. Sometimes.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Playing in inconventional way sometimes is another sort of fun. Sometimes.

Playing at a disadvantage? Yes. That's why I like the Dark Souls games so much. 

Playing at a clear advantage? Where's the fun in that unless you've earned it?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Playing at a clear advantage? Where's the fun in that unless you've earned it?

Playing with custom rule set. Like soloing a game which intended to be played with a squad with one overpowered (but still mortal) character.

Ruri

Apr 26, 2016
Playing with custom rule set. Like soloing a game which intended to be played with a squad with one overpowered (but still mortal) character.

Still not seeing it, I mean unless you put in the hours/sweat/blood into making that character that powerful within the game limits without changing and rules it's just cheating.