TiTsEd - A save editor

Mellenell

Aug 18, 2016
What version of the game are you using?

I'm using the public version. I'm not using any of the items that have recently been released either.

What version of the editor are you on? 0.13 or 0.13.1? The 13.1 version fixed an inventory bug.

I'm not totally sure but it's probably the 0.13 version. My class starts soon so I can't check right now, but once it lets out I'll download the newest version to see if that fixes it. Thanks for telling me that there was an update!

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
The newest version of the editor is only useable for backers, as tends to be the case. When in doubt, read the last page of forum for updates and/or fall back to an earlier version.

Chase

May 13, 2016
A public version will be released on the 6th according to the blog, the current version of the editor should work with that (unless the save format is changed in a breaking way, which hasn't happened yet).

Last edited by a moderator:

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
You can use the editor with the current public build, just don't try to give yourself anything that doesn't exist in it.

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
Good stuff. Once I'm free from the tyrrany of ChromeOS, I can finally do Kiro and Saendra's distress calls (curse my lack of foresight). Maybe I'll indulge and get my Steele's dick color in line too.

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
We need alcohol tolerance next :D

That is a hidden status effect, which I have working in a local branch, along with flags.

Still testing it, haven't been able to work on things much recently due to work :\

Next release will have key items editing :)

Chase

May 13, 2016
Oh right, forgot there was an update. Uhm added key items, but for the moment no Corny T-Shirt support. Working on getting the item system revamped to support specialized items like that.

Use at your own risk and so forth.

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
Uhm. I saw on the thingy that you were looking into changing the ship location.

While this COULD be neat, it could also lead to you getting bombarded with messages from people who locked themselves on one planet after sending their ship to another. Like what happened with the debug rooms, and got Fenoxo annoyed enough to just remove debug mode from releases. Of course, since this is an editor, people could just edit their ships back to the planet they are on, but...

Well, if they are dumb enough to lock themselves out, they may also be dumb enough to not figure out how to solve that problem themselves, is what I'm saying.

All that said, I do think it would be a neat feature. I'd certainly get a kick out of it at least. The question is whether or not the baying of morons will annoy you to the point where you regret it. Personally, I'm of the camp of "screw the people who broke their own saves using a tool that clearly said 'use at own risk'", but that's me, and I'm not the one who'll have wade through bug reports complaining that a feature is working as intended.

If you include a tooltip or something that says "make sure you don't park your ship on the wrong planet" or something, I'd hope it would be fine.

Chase

May 13, 2016
That is why it is a question, I am not sure if I should include that kind of functionality.

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
As an end user: I say go for it. I think it looks to be a nice feature that will offer some fun/sequence breaking/etc if implemented, and having more things to mess around with is always a plus to me.

Just be aware that people who don't pay attention are a thing, and they tend to blame others for their own incompetence. Its all on whether or not you want to put up with them.

Chase

May 13, 2016
Maybe I should add an "advanced" toggle, that allows access to buggy or game breaking features. But that seems like a lot of extra effort.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
also, how can we get bimbo siegwulfe? somehow i must've gotten dr badger arrested...:/

another reason as to why im anticipating flag edditing

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
also, how can we get bimbo siegwulfe? somehow i must've gotten dr badger arrested...:/

When I add the sieg item, it always gives me bimbo. HOWEVER, according to one of the posts on the github, the game looks at some items based on flags and chooses which one you have based on that. The post talked about shirts, but it may apply to siegwolf as well. If so, then you may be screwed without copy pasting stuff from a new game with the item and appropriate flags with online minerva, OR waiting until a fix can be figured out for items like that.

Also, is your avatar a Zangoose with a bazooka? Whatever it is, its adorable.

Maybe I should add an "advanced" toggle, that allows access to buggy or game breaking features

Considering that the only game breaking features would be just ship moving and like 2 of the ranged weapons, yeah, that's more effort than its worth. I've always been of the opinion that the words "Use at your own risk" pretty much takes care of your end of the bargain. Considering that the program not only makes backups of your save in case you forget to do so yourself, but also is able to fix any problems you cause with it, I personally don't think you need to put in any more effort on that front.

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016

another reason as to why im anticipating flag edditing

Actually, which Siegwulfe you have is based on which perks the internal WULFE character has (specifically it needs the "Ditz Speech" perk.)

The editor doesn't currently support editing perks for non-PCs though.

meijis

Jun 12, 2016
[TiTsEd: 0.14.0.32504, TiTs Data: 28]
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at TiTsEd.ViewModel.OpenDirectoryItemVM.TiTsEd.ViewModel.IMenuItemVM.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I have this error

In the past, the editor works fine, I don't know why it no longer works

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Try older/newer TiTS versions and Editor builds. If work with old build, try newer TiTS with current build. If still not, try previous TiTS version with current build. If still not, report back that it is so.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Also, is your avatar a Zangoose with a bazooka? Whatever it is, its adorable.

https://e621.net/post/show/199304/ambiguous_gender-ammunition-bandolier-blush-gun-kn

Actually, which Siegwulfe you have is based on which perks the internal WULFE character has (specifically it needs the "Ditz Speech" perk.)

The editor doesn't currently support editing perks for non-PCs though.

In any case, dr.badger should be able to sell a bimbo version, and I reported her before some how, but that can be changed with a flag, so I'm just waiting for that.

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
[TiTsEd: 0.14.0.32504, TiTs Data: 28]
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at TiTsEd.ViewModel.OpenDirectoryItemVM.TiTsEd.ViewModel.IMenuItemVM.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

I have this error

In the past, the editor works fine, I don't know why it no longer works

"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation", this means your machine is running out of resources (memory/handles/disk space for temp files).

Try restarting your machine? :eek:

meijis

Jun 12, 2016
"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation", this means your machine is running out of resources (memory/handles/disk space for temp files).

Try restarting your machine? :eek:

Still nothing....

I've made this work in the past, but why isn't it working anymore?

Chase

May 13, 2016
Got sent off to another country again for work, going to be busy, but i'll see if I can work in some time to work on this soon.

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Pretty much done testing flags and status editing, will be added to the repo soon (tm).

Also, I refactored the perks handling, so it is possible to support editing non-PC perks.. not sure if we should though.