Question about future game mechanics.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Anno is also a damn fine technician and can hold her own in a fight, the same can be said of her sister.

She consider herself a scientist (mentioned in Kara quest). Though I personally see her more like supercargo.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
We still need a navigator and a musician.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
From what I understand, Yammi was gotten because any ship worth its salt needs a cook, which is her role. Way back in the day when TiTs was an idea being formed, the thought for crew members was that they'd serve some purpose other than being collectable waifu's. As can be seen by Anno's status as ship merchant or Bess as any of her multiple job options.

Er.. from what I remember reading, all of the ice cream company's employees are, like, bred and raised to be employees of the store. Yammi got out of it because she turned out not to be a good milk producer, and so she's manning the register. I don't remember there being anything alluding to her having any cooking skills.

“Eh? Me?” Yammi blushes a darling blood-orange. “I’m nobody special. Just an indentured servant who didn’t have the right genes for production use. I just work here as a cashier.”

You invite her to fill you in a little more. After all, everyone is someone, right?

“Well, I am an amphibian, that’s pretty neat. I even sleep in a tub of water. Very comfortable!” She wracks her brain to try and find anything interesting to say about herself. “Nope. That’s about it. I was bred and raised by the company and I’ve worked for them my whole life. I’m hoping to buy out my contract and get out and about soon. Apparently my people live a looong time, so I should have plenty of opportunities.”

Unless some of her backstory was retconned since .46.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I don't remember there being anything alluding to her having any cooking skills.

No, she talks about having been prepped to be a chef at one of the company's fancy new restaurants, but that operation went bust so she had to go back to the register. Yammi is, indeed, a 5-star cook.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
That sounds like a really expensive and wasteful sort of training to throw at what is basically a slave.

Not really, to be honest. In fact, it makes even more sense - an employee can just cut and run, an indentured servant can pay off their bill, while the corp will essentially hold the slave for life. Training would give the most bang for one's buck, with the least risk.

Slave jobs need not be menial, and slaves need not be stupid - Greek slaves in ancient Rome often served as accountants, tutors, and other jobs we would call white-collar today. Similarly, many thralls taken from coastal monasteries by Viking raiders ended up teaching their masters literacy and numeracy, as well as their culture.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Don't tempt us into writing crazy infinite-bodyparts-miltiplying ladies and shota wear-deers, doge. They won't make it, and then we'll cry.

Robin's powers have so many delectably lewd uses though. <3

CabalShadowBiscuit

Aug 31, 2015
I guess mom is not in game because each race has a different mom so fen and savin might end up having to write like 6 different moms.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
No, she talks about having been prepped to be a chef at one of the company's fancy new restaurants, but that operation went bust so she had to go back to the register. Yammi is, indeed, a 5-star cook.

She says nothing of the sort in the version of the game I'm playing (6.46). That must have been retconned in.

That at least makes picking her up make sense, though it does still leave the uncomfortable situation of the company's horde of no-way-out this-is-the-only-life-they-know indentured servants unaddressed.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I guess mom is not in game because each race has a different mom so fen and savin might end up having to write like 6 different moms.

I'd settle for a short email at some midpoint in the game. One could probably get away with them being rather similar like your Dad's email is in the beginning of the game. Maybe some variances for if you mod yourself to be distinctly different from your original race or you go full blooded human or your mother's race. Class choice and what sort of childhood are also variant fodder for the ambitious sort.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
She says nothing of the sort in the version of the game I'm playing (6.46). That must have been retconned in.

That at least makes picking her up make sense, though it does still leave the uncomfortable situation of the company's horde of no-way-out this-is-the-only-life-they-know indentured servants unaddressed.

it isn't retconned so much as it was addressed just recently in backer build 6.49 when her follower content was finished.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It's more likely she has multiple personality syndrome, so expect to see Tsundere and Yandere Celise soon :p  

Deredere is one of the personalities probably.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
This would explain the strangely mature conversation we had when she found out I was addicted to Lane...

Yep totally that... and not the fact that all companions that can have that conversation with you say the exact same thing. *cough*

But it is rather sweet that Celise can have that conversation with Steele Jr, her rather mature response to being kicked off the ship is a better example of the fact she isn't a bubble-headed ninny at all times.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
All joking aside, Celise probably won't be anyone we think she is, although I would love for her to be more relevant.

CabalShadowBiscuit

Aug 31, 2015
Turns out Celise is actually Lethice who disguised herself after being defeated by Champion of Ingram. If you choose to take her with you on the journey, all planets you visited will start having demon spawns and corruptions.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Turns out Celise is actually Lethice who disguised herself after being defeated by Champion of Ingram. If you choose to take her with you on the journey, all planets you visited will start having demon spawns and corruptions.

Hmmm... Nope, not the case. Unless there are time paradox involved.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
It's more likely Celise is the true head of Steele Tech, and you are nothing but a clone that Celise will re-absorb when you complete the quest. :D  

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Celise, like all Galotians, is in fact an artificially created fleshy avatar animated by one of the bored Progenitors that have decided to hang around primitives for a bit.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
This is shitposting of the highest order. What was the original topic? 

Right, prospective future mechanics. I'm looking forward to space mechanics and more ships, among other things.

OOOHHH. So that's the topic.

I'm also looking foward to more ships and space battles

Something else I'm really looking forward to is the faction system.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
OOOHHH. So that's the topic.

I'm also looking foward to more ships and space battles

Something else I'm really looking forward to is the faction system.

I'm certainly not looking forward to factions. I hate having to choose sides instead of just being able to help anyone I want, but that's probably just me.

djunk101

Oct 6, 2015
I understand that mentality, but it adds a splash of realism to the plot. The friend of my enemy is my enemy, so to speak. I have confidence the devs can design a system that isn't too rigid and doesn't lock the player out of that much content based on their choices. A faction system can go sour really quickly, but when well-done it's a fantastic gameplay addition.

Hopefully I'll be able to able to make some of my enemies my friends. I love it when that happens in games and anime and such.