Myrellion Royal Probe

Valombray

Apr 15, 2016
Hello there, "long" time player, haven't commented yet, sorry about that.

I just wanted to know if there is any plan to give a resolution to the myrellion royal marriage storyline to get the probe and such. Or did I somehow miss it being added to the game and triggering?

I sadly have only been playing with one save file so I cannot go back to a previous point in time to change my choice and go the subjugation route, and being 237 days in I don't really feel like starting a new game, doing everything I've done already just to change that one point... But I just might resort to that if I have no other choices...

I've since learned that going the subjugation route actually gives a Shade scene which I've apparently completely locked myself out of... Which is a shame since I really liked the character from what I've seen of her. Also ever since coming back from KaraQuest (was it part 2?) and talking to Shade, she told me to give her a little time, but she is still greyed out no matter how much time passes. Has the event not be put into the game yet? Am I missing something?

I'm sorry if this has all been asked at one point, my searches return nothing, maybe I'm doing it wrong :-/

If I've broken the rules somehow, posting this, I apologize about that.

By the way this game is great, if someone in charge reads this, thanks for all the hard work.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That storyline's already resolved.  There are several endings, most of them don't really affect anything until maybe when we get to the end of the game years from now.

Kara/Shade's story is still ongoing, and currently Shade staying on Myrellion after the quest is a placeholder so you're not locked out of her sex scenes for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
To piggyback on this topic. If I'm understanding the resolutions to the conflict with the Nyrea and the probe and the notes for the last backer update correctly, the only way to get to Uveto is to either subjugate or get a random event correct? And only the subjugation end gets you the incest reveal scene on Myrellion right?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
To piggyback on this topic. If I'm understanding the resolutions to the conflict with the Nyrea and the probe and the notes for the last backer update correctly, the only way to get to Uveto is to either subjugate or get a random event correct? And only the subjugation end gets you the incest reveal scene on Myrellion right?

Yes, as far as the latest backer build, you can alternately get the coordinates to Uveto by answering a specific distress call while traveling to any destination and being over level 5. If you mean Shade's potential incest reveal, that path happens after obtaining the probe by beating Taivra in combat (any result: subjugate, murder, fuck, leave).

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Yes, as far as the latest backer build, you can alternately get the coordinates to Uveto by answering a specific distress call while traveling to any destination and being over level 5. If you mean Shade's potential incest reveal, that path happens after obtaining the probe by beating Taivra in combat (any result: subjugate, murder, fuck, leave).

I see.

Kinda feels like players who want to talk their way out of things and have a more balanced relationship with Taivra are a bit fucked right now.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Kinda feels like players who want to talk their way out of things and have a more balanced relationship with Taivra are a bit fucked right now.

Not sure how you mean. They will still have access to Uveto if they answer the distress call and complete it--if not, well, I think other alternate paths will be available in the future, last I recall.

As far as getting to retrieve the probe and getting paid for it while being married to Taivra, there was talk of a way to do that in the future too, but it has yet to be written or implemented at the moment.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Not sure how you mean. They will still have access to Uveto if they answer the distress call and complete it--if not, well, I think other alternate paths will be available in the future, last I recall.

As far as getting to retrieve the probe and getting paid for it while being married to Taivra, there was talk of a way to do that in the future too, but it has yet to be written or implemented at the moment.

I mean that you can't get the Shade reveal and have to rely on a random event to get the coordinates if you don't go for combat. Plus the purely peaceful solution to the whole incident costs you not only your plat, but also the opportunity to get several nice pieces of loot.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I mean that you can't get the Shade reveal and have to rely on a random event to get the coordinates if you don't go for combat. Plus the purely peaceful solution to the whole incident costs you not only your plat, but also the opportunity to get several nice pieces of loot.

I think that is the intentional part of exploration in this game. Your character's actions will have consequences. When on a foreign planet with foreign peoples who have foreign customs, if you try to apply your own way of doing things that don't align to their world view (like being overly peaceful rather than violently dominant), then do not expect to gain all the benefits from that action (appeasing them and gaining aforementioned loots, etc.). There are many in-game sources that will tell you how this culture behaves, including the codex, Seifyn, and the nyrea enemies themselves.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I think that is the intentional part of exploration in this game. Your character's actions will have consequences. When on a foreign planet with foreign peoples who have foreign customs, if you try to apply your own way of doing things that don't align to their world view (like being overly peaceful rather than violently dominant), then do not expect to gain all the benefits from that action (appeasing them and gaining aforementioned loots, etc.). There are many in-game sources that will tell you how this culture behaves, including the codex, Seifyn, and the nyrea enemies themselves.

But the group in question ends up recognizing pacifist PC's worth to largely the same extent and bestowing upon them the same title. Moreover, Shade interaction being gated by PC's actions during the palace quest is rather counter-intuitive.

So I don't expect to gain the money or Plat back, just to have an equal chance to start some family drama.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
But the group in question ends up recognizing pacifist PC's worth to largely the same extent and bestowing upon them the same title. Moreover, Shade interaction being gated by PC's actions during the palace quest is rather counter-intuitive.

So I don't expect to gain the money or Plat back, just to have an equal chance to start some family drama.

You end up in a significantly less powerful position with the nyrea by taking the pacifist route.  Being legally married to Tavira will have consequences when you take control of the company, since you've promised away some ownership of it to her as well and her ideas of what to do with it may not be the same as yours.  The best outcome of the event is to listen to what people tell you, understand how the nyrea think, and prove to them that you're capable of doing things their way.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
You end up in a significantly less powerful position with the nyrea by taking the pacifist route.  Being legally married to Tavira will have consequences when you take control of the company, since you've promised away some ownership of it to her as well and her ideas of what to do with it may not be the same as yours.  The best outcome of the event is to listen to what people tell you, understand how the nyrea think, and prove to them that you're capable of doing things their way.

Point taken. I'm willing to accept not getting money or losing some power. Being denied a good chunk of potential content for the NPC who had nothing to do with the quest I supposedly botched - not so much.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Point taken. I'm willing to accept not getting money or losing some power. Being denied a good chunk of potential content for the NPC who had nothing to do with the quest I supposedly botched - not so much.

Alternate incest reveal would be post-KaraQuest2 if you still want drama.

Valombray

Apr 15, 2016
Hello again.

Thanks for all the answers, didn't expect to get responses *that* thorough in explaining to me what I didn't understand.

Oh well. I like this game a lot in the first place, so what's 237 days anyway? It'll be over in a blink.

I guess I can try out another character class too, sounds interesting.

Actually the more I think about it the more this sounds like a good idea...

Thanks again, I searched a long time to see if there was an answer anywhere without finding any. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
(It's almost like the game is in alpha, and I haven't gotten around to fleshing out one resolution path. Remember it took like a year for Kara to show up again.)

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
(It's almost like the game is in alpha, and I haven't gotten around to fleshing out one resolution path. Remember it took like a year for Kara to show up again.)

I know the game is in alpha, I'm just confused about why some parts of the game are being developed in certain orders. And I'm equally confused as to if it's just me misunderstanding how game development works or is it just a product of how the people working on the project work?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I know the game is in alpha, I'm just confused about why some parts of the game are being developed in certain orders. And I'm equally confused as to if it's just me misunderstanding how game development works or is it just a product of how the people working on the project work?

TiTS is not developed in the same way as most games due both to being in perpetual open alpha/beta and due to gaining a significant percentage of its content through the contributions of volunteer writers like myself, who do this as a hobby and for imaginary internet points rather than being actual salaried members of the development staff.

In general, every writer has their own projects that they do in whatever order their imagination takes them.  This includes Fen, who in a more focused development practice would be encouraged to spend most of his writing time on advancing the main storyline, but the way things work in reality he can spend however many weeks he wants writing Emmy or whatever.  He does have some legal obligation to complete the things he said he would do for the Offbeatr rewards, but as you can see from how he's just gotten around to a lot of them now, he's not exactly under any sort of pressure to do them quickly.

On top of this you have the code bottleneck.  All of the game's coding is done by Fen, Gedan, and more recently Jacques.  As a rule, writing goes much faster than coding, so stuff gets stuck in the pipeline: sometimes for a few days, sometimes for a year or more, sometimes it just never gets in at all.  Savin is basically guaranteed that anything he writes will get put in in a reasonably timely fashion, while purple names usually get our stuff in but it can take a while if it's not what the coders want to focus on right now.

In other words, the reason X gets developed before Y is because development is largely done according to the whims of several different stages of people, and X happens to make it through the whole process more quickly than Y.

Crimson13

Aug 31, 2015
I've got a question: How long does it take for Shade to stop brooding? Because I've spent days ingame and she's greyed out. I've done both the probe and Kara quest so I'm wondering if I missed something?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I've got a question: How long does it take for Shade to stop brooding? Because I've spent days ingame and she's greyed out. I've done both the probe and Kara quest so I'm wondering if I missed something?

It has yet to be implemented, so you have reached the end of Shade's content at current. You'll have to wait until she is slotted into Uveto properly before she can start to act "normally" again. So far, Uveto is only in its preview stages so I'm not sure when exactly that time will be.

Crimson13

Aug 31, 2015
It has yet to be implemented, so you have reached the end of Shade's content at current. You'll have to wait until she is slotted into Uveto properly before she can start to act "normally" again. So far, Uveto is only in its preview stages so I'm not sure when exactly that time will be.

Ah, I thought there was a little bit more. Thanks.