Ellie's Lobotomy Shop

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Is it me or does ellie's shop have a horrifying synergy of things that murder your mind for sale on a planet where all females have to take the treatment?

Like really really horrifying. I think the reason people can't take guns on planet is that a ClearYu epidemic might lead to a slaughter cow fest.  I mean credits cost seem slightly prohibitive but I can only imagine Je'june hasn't been sued into the ground is there super fuckups self terminating. 

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I reluctantly have to agree with Savin on this. What are you even trying to say? That the population would start killing each other off due to their minds atrophying? Though in all fairness, ClearYu and the Treatment both (Gameplay and story segregation? Or is it just the Libido that "overrides" the higher brain functions, without actually causing neural damage?) obliterate brain cells.

The reason I suspected you couldn't bring guns on the planet is that it operates on a fairly morally and legally gray level, and they won't risk vengeful badasses with a chip on their shoulder shooting up their planet/cows.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
It makes sense to group bad-endy TFs like ClearYu and Rubbermade under a vendor like Ellie, tbh. Adjatha's shit is much in the spirit of NT, so if you don't like it, it's easy enough to avoid.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
I reluctantly have to agree with Savin on this. What are you even trying to say? That the population would start killing each other off due to their minds atrophying? Though in all fairness, ClearYu and the Treatment both (Gameplay and story segregation? Or is it just the Libido that "overrides" the higher brain functions, without actually causing neural damage?) obliterate brain cells.

The reason I suspected you couldn't bring guns on the planet is that it operates on a fairly morally and legally gray level, and they won't risk vengeful badasses with a chip on their shoulder shooting up their planet/cows.

Well I was talking about how Ellie's shop had a synergy of bad end causing items sold on planet. 

The Treatment murders intelligence and willpower in females,  ClearYu give lustrous hair blowjob lib and an oral fixation that also murders intelligence and turns you into a non sapient athlete kill bots.   Rubber made does someone horrid to bimbos that eat it.     It's an unholy trinity of bad endy goodness with vague safety warning that are noted to be really really tiny and don't show up in the codex. This items also fuck with your head and encourage use by being feel good and by being mods a bimbo  or killer would want.   Like story wise some gunslinger could walk in get treated and buy some lolipops then eat two and kill lots and lot of people without thought. 

So like if the cows got into the Clear Yu they'd become hyper athletic Yolos with a yen for all forms of physical expression and challenge including murder.  Maybe the treatment docility would just leave them milk cows but sex does keep us down and it just seems like it would be one bad weekend from super murder ninjas killing their way across the ranch. 

It's like selling uppers next to downer with glossy packaging that say they go good together. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Selling ClearYu which causes mindless sluts to transform into perfect homicidal maniacs on a New Texas soulds like great idea. Selling RubberMade which causes bimbos to transform into literal sex dolls on a New Texas soulds like excellent idea. I'm totally approoving. Because I hate cows-morphs generally and whole NT specifically and want horrible things to happen with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
NT's a bit weird. On one hand, they force their citizens to undergo the treatment, leading to the grand majority of females ending up in subservient roles for the men. Yet in the few cases where the treatment goes wrong (Zephyr) and the female doesn't turn into a bimbo, they don't push the issue to make her get dumb and subservient. And they don't seem to force the treatment upon visitors, and the females do still have jobs and visit the gym and do other things besides boinking all day. So, it's kind of a weird, gray evil where there's no malice behind their strict adherence to tradition. It's not "you have to be a dumb slut if you're female", but rather "you have to take this drug because it's tradition and tradition is law". Yet nobody seems to willing to change the law to suit those few who don't want the treatment.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That's because NT isn't there to be evil, it's there for Fen to enjoy his fetishes for bimbos and cowgirls.  This is also why options to wreck the place, if any ever emerge at all, are a low priority at best.  It's not there to be wrecked, it's there to cater to a set of otherwise-extremist fetishes that would be less well-received if they were more widespread.  See also the backlash when it started leaking in the form of the cut Steph Irson content.

Personally I find NT repugnant, which has kind of made the past year-plus of NT back-to-back with Myrellion a bad time.  That said, the best response is to just avoid it if it's not your thing.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
That's because NT isn't there to be evil, it's there for Fen to enjoy his fetishes for bimbos and cowgirls.  This is also why options to wreck the place, if any ever emerge at all, are a low priority at best.

Personally I find NT repugnant, which has kind of made the past year-plus of NT back-to-back with Myrellion a bad time.  That said, the best response for now is to just avoid it if it's not your thing.

It's like it exists in this bubble where nothing can touch it, or interact with it. Both in-universe and on the other side of the fourth wall.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That said, the best response is to just avoid it if it's not your thing.

There are gym there, which is sort of major thing.

You say that, but I'm writing a Treated shopkeeper on Uveto and nobody can stop me :V

Infection is spreading! Cleans it with fire! Arm the cyclonic torpedoes!

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016
Yeah, it's a bit of a letdown, landing there with Reaha and getting all fired up and mad at the place, then stepping out of your ship and finding there's nothing you can do about what's going on (at least for now).

Y'know, he could easily just change it so that the treatment was recently made optional, (but before, it wasn't, hence why most everyone is still taking it) or that it's always been optional, and come up with some other reason why Reaha ran away from home (like her influential family wanted to force it on her or something). It would make the place a lot more palatable, especially if he has no interest in writing in a plot where you fix things.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Y'know, he could easily just change it so that the treatment was recently made optional

Yeah, but that would mean we can't do an expansion pack to help a recent 18-year old escape before she's treated, or to discover the lab under Big T's ranch that makes the stuff and put an end to it (or help them make it better somehow, I dunno?)

We kinda rushed on to Myrellion though, since by the time we had filled out the mainline content, people were ready for something new. Hopefully we'll get a chance to revisit it down the line.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Yeah, but that would mean we can't do an expansion pack to help a recent 18-year old escape before she's treated, or to discover the lab under Big T's ranch that makes the stuff and put an end to it (or help them make it better somehow, I dunno?)

We kinda rushed on to Myrellion though, since by the time we had filled out the mainline content, people were ready for something new. Hopefully we'll get a chance to revisit it down the line.

Well I for one am down expansions to New Texas so hopefully you guys get the chance.

Trogdor

Apr 10, 2016

It would make the place a lot more palatable, especially if he has no interest in writing in a plot where you fix things.

Obviously, if you do, then nevermind. :p I'm new here, I don't know where things stand.

Consciousone

Sep 4, 2015
I have nothing much to say on the subject except for the fact that I actually regret that there's not too much content on New Texas, since it's the planet that's the most fun for me so far. Subservient sex-crazy females, polyamory and promiscuity happen to be big turn-ons for me.

Different strokes for different people. I instead dislike dickgirls and all types of femdom/malesub.

Which, incidentally, is why I also hope that some of the Myrellion content gets expanded at some point in the future. Namely your Nyrea queen slave :)

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Just wait for New Canada, full of moosetaur-girl "mount-me"s with big red bras and wide-brimmed hats.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I have nothing much to say on the subject except for the fact that I actually regret that there's not too much content on New Texas, since it's the planet that's the most fun for me so far. Subservient sex-crazy females, polyamory and promiscuity happen to be big turn-ons for me.

Those things are ok. The hate is more about forced lobotomy. You know, mindbreak is not everyone's fetish, and when set on industrial scale it is more than horrifying.

Fenoxo

Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
"So ya got a big cock there, eh?"

"How's about we head doon to the Jim Norton's and get some poutine."

Consciousone

Sep 4, 2015
Sadly I also dislike furries which, yes, "why play on this site then?" et cetera. Taurs are too far from human to remain potentially sexy though.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
See also the backlash when it started leaking in the form of the cut Steph Irson content.

I was there, too, and I recall the backlash not being about Steph being treated period but the fact that she, being a non-citizen, was forced the Treatment against her will by a regular Joe-shmoe citizen. If it had just been a cow mod then it'd have been fine, but it was the contradictory nature of the scene vs established rules (galactic legislation) and writing.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
I was there, too, and I recall the backlash not being about Steph being treated period but the fact that she, being a non-citizen, was forced the Treatment against her will by a regular Joe-shmoe citizen. If it had just been a cow mod then it'd have been fine, but it was the contradictory nature of the scene vs established rules (galactic legislation) and writing.

It probably could have worked with the logical consequences following in the form a a nuke New Texas culture xpack. 

Aero_Ventus

Jan 30, 2016
Just wait for New Canada, full of moosetaur-girl "mount-me"s with big red bras and wide-brimmed hats.

New Canada, Sign me up! I can only imagine the possibilities like an event where they give you a free toque that make your alignment decrease to being kind and you can watch a bunch of polar bear morphs play cosmic hockey. P.S Please make moosetaurs a thing :parrot:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
New Canada, Sign me up! I can only imagine the possibilities like a army of fucking geese morph just shitting lust inducing crap(perhaps that is a bit much but however)

What the fuck... seriously what the FUCK!?

also... scat is blacklisted kink soooo yeah... that won't happen.