CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hahah so then more risky way of farming this someday-to-be-written turtle TF ^^

But good we still got talk option to avoid venus bad end (still I had in past one PC that reached point that next encounter with Venus was insta bad end lol).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Agrok

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Gorilla/monkey fits well with your wushu theme since of Son Goku

Reactions: Ormael

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Behemoth - yarr, yarr we got one of those too ingame. I wonder what would people say for PC chance to became super strong behemoth...

Wait a second, when was a Behemoth added?

I don't remember one in the game...

Also if you were wondering on morphs for this mod.

Why not a Crane?

I've always seen Cranes as being elegant, and beautiful.

So you could just imagine how they would look as a morph?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Gorilla/monkey fits well with your wushu theme since of Son Goku

Heh then wouldnt people want Ka-Me-Ha-Me-Cha special for those morphs? xD

yeah I think ape type race would be at list of races to be added. Dayum I should have make new card on Trello ^^

New races to be added

Wait a second, when was a Behemoth added?

I don't remember one in the game...

Also if you were wondering on morphs for this mod.

Why not a Crane?

I've always seen Cranes as being elegant, and beautiful.

So you could just imagine how they would look as a morph?

Behemoth is the only one possible fightable enemy encounted in Vulcanic Crag and by that he's the highest lvl repeatable enemy in the game.

Ohh crane. Yeah that would also think fit with more asian/far east theme for mod. Ony thing that could give some trouble would be deal somehow with their beaks. But given time I could probably think of ways to not change them forceable from having beaks to normal human mouth for a sake of easier creating scenes. And this could maybe in future lead to another avian race that will have beaks.

dwagon

May 11, 2016
Speaking of muscles I been wondering which one fantasy race could be said have higest bonuses to strength? I not including races that are much larger than averange humanoid race similar to humans in height so no giants or titans as their would naturaly have this stat high.

Same with toughness. Which Mareth race would fit to been considered most oriented on having this stat really high?

EDIT: OH by going with asian belives this one post in thread is really unlucky one. All numbers 4 here as it's 444th post of the thread.

spider-morph = strongest? (ask Stan Lee for details about why)

For toughness maybe goo-people, have you ever tried to punch jelly til it ded? If you did you are probably not done yet, punch harder.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
spider-morph = strongest? (ask Stan Lee for details about why)

For toughness maybe goo-people, have you ever tried to punch jelly til it ded? If you did you are probably not done yet, punch harder.

Heh not need ask Stan Lee as mah drider senses tingling already :p

I was also considering Scylla since Liadri pointed that they despite quite lith build can be strong. Still spiders fits here too. Maybe ant-morph if we had one as they can carry many tiems of it weight (thou here trouble will be people complaning if I made TF that not giving 4 arms :/ )

As for Goo...yup I got similar thoughts but not wanted say it aloud to see if any of you think the same. They goo-ish body kinda implied they need to be really tough.

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
I can't seem to find an answer so I really have to ask... what does the tracheal system perk actually does? I know it says it implements a bug-like respiratory system but what are the benefits of that to the player character? =o

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Maybe ant-morph if we had one as they can carry many tiems of it weight (thou here trouble will be people complaning if I made TF that not giving 4 arms :/ )

We do have a Ant-morph!

Phylla is too cute to forget!! T wT

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I can't seem to find an answer so I really have to ask... what does the tracheal system perk actually does? I know it says it implements a bug-like respiratory system but what are the benefits of that to the player character? =o

It benefit is to giving PC +1 point to insect races scores as long PC got at least 1 body part of those races. So far insect races include: spider, bee, mantis and scorpion (this one race is still not fully implemented - would get them fully fleshed out after I get once again into making new TF items). Beside that tracheal system perk it's req. to get mantis-morp related perk.

We do have a Ant-morph!

Phylla is too cute to forget!! T wT

Nope we not have any way to became ant-morph ingame so far. And Phylla with her mother and that colony at desert (plus eventual colony under PC camp) is only ones ant-morps we can find ingame. Maybe in future it would be an option to be ant-morph. As meantioned above main issue will be those ant 4 arms and how to make it not break current combat system.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
If we are to talk about strenght based species

Cowgirl and minotaurus witheout a doubt are the stronguest physical behing on mareth however if we look at this the other way scylla posessing no less then 10 arms can easily pin down anyone into a grapple and dragon is of course legendary for behing all rounded superior to all race. Salamander also are born warriors altrought they are more known for theyre easy access to berserking as they are for their raw feat of strenghts.

Whats truly terrifying however is the fact you can easily be a cowgirl salamander dragon... stacking strenght way above normal mesures

Recype:Salamander arm (need salamander gland to have the full bonus at all time), human face, cow horn up to wicked, dragon wing to magnificent (must have the dragon perk), Hooves, cow tail, cow ears

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
If we are to talk about strenght based species

Cowgirl and minotaurus witheout a doubt are the stronguest physical behing on mareth however if we look at this the other way scylla posessing no less then 10 arms can easily pin down anyone into a grapple and dragon is of course legendary for behing all rounded superior to all race. Salamander also are born warriors altrought they are more known for theyre easy access to berserking as they are for their raw feat of strenghts.

Whats truly terrifying however is the fact you can easily be a cowgirl salamander dragon... stacking strenght way above normal mesures

Recype:Salamander arm (need salamander gland to have the full bonus at all time), human face, cow horn up to wicked, dragon wing to magnificent (must have the dragon perk), Hooves, cow tail, cow ears

Actualy I think it can be tpeed a lil bit higher still. Remember special perk of Scylla? I think it work all time I mean ink spray also stay with PC later even if it not have lower scyla.

Thus you can easily add Scylla Glands perk from having perk Ink Spray from scylla TF. ^^

Heh I bet @Savin would be proud if I made his belowed manders one of the most scary races of Mareth (as for them in term of strenght ofc ^^). But I think Scaylla or Minos got as much right to fight for this spot. Well I lied I not need only one race for each spot but I DO want have AT least one rase for each of 5 stats jsut for...balance reasons. And dragons...they let say out of this rivality having good stat bonuses anyway so they are like: pfff we not need to rival those lower races we already OP enough :p

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Well theres no race with 50 toughness yet... that could be slime

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok so now something I will say maybe aside Liadri others will not know much about. Soooo I found finaly way to legaly give PC Sky Poison Pearl ^^

And that was something I worked most fo the time spend on work for mod yesterday: a krakken enc that after succesfulyl beating him/her will give PC this pearl. Ofc it would be somewhere underwater so PC will need find way to breath underwater to find this enemy plus it won;t be any pushover mob too. For now I not added few perks I want so it's still easy yet high HP enemy. Probably you all can call it one of endgame enemies with stats it will have at the end. Err I mean her I think she will be huge almsot as huge like frost giant from Glacial Rift female Kraken :D

DAmn oit really itching me to include subrace for scylla been anmed krakken that have two more legs and slight stronger muscle to hug all things they like ;) Well that not yet set in stone but got huge chance of happen.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok so I feel I donw for today from working on mod (sadly whole day since morning I had mild to severe headpache so it was hard either work or after work do more than idly post on forum -_-' I hope tomorrow my head wil be clear again). Still I made some changes to 2 perks for monsters. Boss enemy type perk should pimp monster base atk 2x and gigant type enemy should have dmg pimped by 2x (so IF by chance we got gignatic boss....like for ex. Krakken lass I worked on today too it would be 6x dmg boost). Thus I made few SS of my brave test chara Terry fighting on Marae (I think she was in her saved by shutting down factory form thus slight stronger than base version) and ofc Kraken lass. I feel tomorrow I would wake up and think: why I made such moster to fight for PC that even with endgame stats will find it REALLY challanging....en maybe its FoE Drake slayer syndrome for me :p

KrakkenFgt1.jpg

KrakkenFgt2.jpg

MaraeFgt1.jpg

MaraeFgt2.jpg

AlexnChaos

Jul 13, 2016
One minor problem I've been having with this, I started a character with the Soul Cultivator starting Job, and I've noticed that that two move you can first buy, well sometimes they work, more often I get a blank screen, and after the fight I get stuck with a next button that doesn't do it's job properly, so I have to restart and reload after that, as you can imagine, this makes later fights slightly more problematic then they otherwise would be /laugh

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yes those two attacks sometimes bugs out end of fight. I mean many times they will do no hard when used to finish off enemy but sometimes they will give blank screen. This one bug is on my list bugs to fix.

hytop

Jul 13, 2016
just playing around with the game some more today and noticed, though my character has both sets of gear, a lot of options for actions are missing in the game for me. even playing complete male or female messes up. a screenshot as an example of missing actions. 

missingoptions.PNG

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Actualy I think it can be tpeed a lil bit higher still. Remember special perk of Scylla? I think it work all time I mean ink spray also stay with PC later even if it not have lower scyla.

Thus you can easily add Scylla Glands perk from having perk Ink Spray from scylla TF. ^^

Heh I bet @Savin would be proud if I made his belowed manders one of the most scary races of Mareth (as for them in term of strenght ofc ^^). But I think Scaylla or Minos got as much right to fight for this spot. Well I lied I not need only one race for each spot but I DO want have AT least one rase for each of 5 stats jsut for...balance reasons. And dragons...they let say out of this rivality having good stat bonuses anyway so they are like: pfff we not need to rival those lower races we already OP enough :p

I always saw mixing races, would dilute the buffs a race gives.

I know a lot of people see it as, oh let me add the best of all races into one creature.

But how would that even work?

Most would say "Oh because magic is a thing".

Well I think even if you use magic to combine 2 or more races into 1.

There would be some bad side effects, or at worst the main body would reject the mutation all together causing a great deal of harm.

Am I using my brain too much for this..?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
just playing around with the game some more today and noticed, though my character has both sets of gear, a lot of options for actions are missing in the game for me. even playing complete male or female messes up. a screenshot as an example of missing actions. 

I looked in code and thus if you not mind I want to ask you few questions about PC you played and then made this SS.

Does your PC have cock (of any type) or haven't been genderless (so been male or female or herm) or if it wasn't taur (meaning not had lower body with 4 legs, eventualy with drider lower body type - not asked about 50 or more speed since I see this on your SS that you do have more than 50).

This three situations I asked about are req. conditions to show one of her three options.

I always saw mixing races, would dilute the buffs a race gives.

I know a lot of people see it as, oh let me add the best of all races into one creature.

But how would that even work?

Most would say "Oh because magic is a thing".

Well I think even if you use magic to combine 2 or more races into 1.

There would be some bad side effects, or at worst the main body would reject the mutation all together causing a great deal of harm.

Am I using my brain too much for this..?

PC ingame got around...let call them 12 to 14 slots that can be taken by one of race body variants. So at start all of those are taken by human body parts. Then with use of various TF those body parts are naturaly slowly changed into some other race than human versions. So taking into account that in most cases game req. PC to have 4 or more of one race body parts to been considered this race it not weird that haing so many possible body parts to change PC can with carefull picking TF items to use get around 2-3 different species body parts that will make game think that PC is at the same time member of those races.

So technicaly PC could have different leg and arm as all those species are quite siilar in general build so there isn't huge differences in sizes of various races body parts for. ex. arms for all species ingame are similar size so there is no issue that PC ends up with much smaller or much bgger arms (I think only here we can see magic in work since some body parts seems to be magicaly shrunk or grown up to match typical humanoid frame never been too small or too big...outside cock and breats sizes that can really been out of the scale)

Thus you not using your brain too much it's just some things was already handwaved as 'just happening' in vanilla CoC. So anyone other than TOJ have thoughts about this mixing many races in one body of our PC? I think it could be something interesting to talk for a bit.

hytop

Jul 13, 2016
I looked in code and thus if you not mind I want to ask you few questions about PC you played and then made this SS.

Does your PC have cock (of any type) or haven't been genderless (so been male or female or herm) or if it wasn't taur (meaning not had lower body with 4 legs, eventualy with drider lower body type - not asked about 50 or more speed since I see this on your SS that you do have more than 50).

This three situations I asked about are req. conditions to show one of her three options.

yes, pc is herm with all the parts, nothing too big or too small. PC is biped, no taur or genderlessness involved.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
yes, pc is herm with all the parts, nothing too big or too small. PC is biped, no taur or genderlessness involved.

Ok seems then there is something wron in code (if I not wrong you posted simialr thing in revamp meaning you got this in the other mod too, right?)

Would put this as new thing to check what is wrong with it to my bug list (not touched anything about Cotton in my mod so it shouldn;t be broken due to my changes -_-)

hytop

Jul 13, 2016
Ok seems then there is something wron in code (if I not wrong you posted simialr thing in revamp meaning you got this in the other mod too, right?)

Would put this as new thing to check what is wrong with it to my bug list (not touched anything about Cotton in my mod so it shouldn;t be broken due to my changes -_-)

yes  i have found this in the revamp mod as well. saved the pc and went back to 1.3.16 on the revamp and wuxia 0.6.x and still having the same trouble on those as well. made new pc's and still an issue. i have no idea what's going on.

Hades

May 24, 2016
Couple things to mention about this mod after extensive play:

*Consider limiting cultivating soul force once a day, it pretty much removes the need for eating. 

*In addition, hunger should change with player's size (body thickness + height) and not time.

*Bow training seems extremely reliant on Kelt. Consider adding more bows findable/purchasable.

*Spider driders are described as equine taurs. Also, iirc, their genitals are similar to Naga placement, and not like a taur. 

*Evangelion has an affection meter, yet no way to raise affection (that I know of.)

*Previously, groups of demons were easy and died in a few swings. Now they are extremely overpowered for the areas they are located in and pretty much demand the player to know soul force to barely stand a chance. 

More feedback to come, need to remember more points.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
*Consider limiting cultivating soul force once a day, it pretty much removes the need for eating. 

*In addition, hunger should change with player's size (body thickness + height) and not time.

*Bow training seems extremely reliant on Kelt. Consider adding more bows findable/purchasable.

*Spider driders are described as equine taurs. Also, iirc, their genitals are similar to Naga placement, and not like a taur. 

*Evangelion has an affection meter, yet no way to raise affection (that I know of.)

*Previously, groups of demons were easy and died in a few swings. Now they are extremely overpowered for the areas they are located in and pretty much demand the player to know soul force to barely stand a chance.

*Will look into this to make it harder to became perma selfsustained PC (thou to have such state it req. PC to spend much time each day only for cultivating).

*Hunger changing you mean about increasing hunger bar lenght or speed at which PC becoming hungry?

*Bow related stuff will be changed with incoming Archery Expansion.

*This one looks for bug. Would then add it jsut like some time ago Cotton one to investigate.

*When my trusty quality checkers finish looking over talk scenes and intro to spar + scene for Eve lvl-ing up it will be then made psossible to rise her affection score. Since I got someone to look at my stuff (hurray to those amazing people for they good work ^^) I want wait till it's all looked over before I add it to the game. So 1 or 2 more builds till it will be possible to finaly start grind her affection score.

*That fault of me buffing hp and atk values of enemies across whole game. I still not added few other ways of dealing aoe dmg (which would speed up killing those and similar types of enemies that are in group). For sure there will be aoe special for bows and one of melee weapons will be dealing aoe dmg (whip them good ;) ). For now only as you mentioned one of soul skills can hurt them much and some special attacks or spells: Fire Storm spell or Ice Rain, Mantis Multi Slash special, Scylla grabbing them with all tentacle leggs, Salamander tail attacks are also aoe attacks. Does other group enemy fights are too tought now to fight aside those demons group (is this oasis demons from desert of some lter one group of demons)?

EDIT: Time for my most fav posters here to throw inspiration at me :D Need races for two npc's I've been working lately (actualy I was trying to picture each of them with any possible ingame race and all of them looks equaly fitting for me so I need somoeone somehow tip me toward some specific one race for each npc). One will be at the arena and the second one at shop with equipment (for now it only have few weapons but plans are to it have also some other non-weapon items for sell).

Hades

May 24, 2016
*Will look into this to make it harder to became perma selfsustained PC (thou to have such state it req. PC to spend much time each day only for cultivating).

*Hunger changing you mean about increasing hunger bar lenght or speed at which PC becoming hungry?

*Bow related stuff will be changed with incoming Archery Expansion.

*This one looks for bug. Would then add it jsut like some time ago Cotton one to investigate.

*When my trusty quality checkers finish looking over talk scenes and intro to spar + scene for Eve lvl-ing up it will be then made psossible to rise her affection score. Since I got someone to look at my stuff (hurray to those amazing people for they good work ^^) I want wait till it's all looked over before I add it to the game. So 1 or 2 more builds till it will be possible to finaly start grind her affection score.

*That fault of me buffing hp and atk values of enemies across whole game. I still not added few other ways of dealing aoe dmg (which would speed up killing those and similar types of enemies that are in group). For sure there will be aoe special for bows and one of melee weapons will be dealing aoe dmg (whip them good ;) ). For now only as you mentioned one of soul skills can hurt them much and some special attacks or spells: Fire Storm spell or Ice Rain, Mantis Multi Slash special, Scylla grabbing them with all tentacle leggs, Salamander tail attacks are also aoe attacks. Does other group enemy fights are too tought now to fight aside those demons group (is this oasis demons from desert of some lter one group of demons)?

EDIT: Time for my most fav posters here to throw inspiration at me :D Need races for two npc's I've been working lately (actualy I was trying to picture each of them with any possible ingame race and all of them looks equaly fitting for me so I need somoeone somehow tip me toward some specific one race for each npc). One will be at the arena and the second one at shop with equipment (for now it only have few weapons but plans are to it have also some other non-weapon items for sell).

*Glad to hear

*Length

*Glad to hear

*Appreciated

*Can't wait to learn more about our new camp friend

*From memory, I believe there is one, but I'll need to go back and check. check . my primary issue with the pack of demons is they appear as soon as PC hits level 2 and you need to defeat them in order to obtain Phylla.

As for your edit, Rhino morph at the arena and a many-eyed spider girl.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
A rino or a minotaur handling the roman "arena" would fit about maybe to well

my choice on shopkeeper would actualy be a Tanuki morph or a tanuki girl

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
*Length

*Can't wait to learn more about our new camp friend

*From memory, I believe there is one, but I'll need to go back and check. check . my primary issue with the pack of demons is they appear as soon as PC hits level 2 and you need to defeat them in order to obtain Phylla.

As for your edit, Rhino morph at the arena and a many-eyed spider girl.

*It length depends on perks like Ezekiel Blessing (it increase it by 50) or getting Soul Cultivation related perks and levels. I think you noticed on soulforce screen line telling about cultivation stabe been for ex. Middle Soul Warrior. Each of this steps will add a little bit to max hunger value. Well that was part of that PC could using cultivation for few hours been almsot selfsuficient (and to reflect fact that cultivators in light novels alsmot never eat for substance only for pleasure of eating as their energy they gathers always allow them survivve without eating or dringking after sme point in cultivation indefinetly) Well think I was too entusiastic about it and mess up things. So this one about lenght will not change but for sure I will made changes to cultivating and using soulforce to refill hunger to cut this never ending cycle of not need to eat something to refill hunger. Well at least it's chance for me to improve stuff that after been added was too OP ^^

A rino or a minotaur handling the roman "arena" would fit about maybe to well

my choice on shopkeeper would actualy be a Tanuki morph or a tanuki girl

So for arena I got for now 2 votes for Rhino-morph and one for Minotaur. As for shop it is Spider girl and tanuki-morph/girl. Well other question I wanted add was what gender they should have but seems that shopkeeper would probably be female. As for arean minos are male naturaly but rhino...can be either male or female one. So in case of race that can be either male or female which one should it be? If not more people post their chocies for now it's choosing between male or female rhino-morph.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Curently working on a TF to make you into a gargoyle similar to EVE parasite. the process will involve soul transfer in some form of lich craft so expect it to be permanant