Holy Spam Batman!

K

Krynh

I really have to wonder how successful or rewarding this kind of obvious spam onslaught is. Maybe I'm giving people on the internet too much credit, but I would be really surprised if they got more than a handful of people to click their malware-infested link across all of their spam attacks.

It's just so... brazen.

Think of it as using a big net. They may only get one or two in each place targeted but it all adds to become a lot. 

Last edited:

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
Perhaps a "capacha thing" need to be used for this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Oh wow, I've never been here for events like these. I feel so special now.

L

Lawleious

Congrats would you like the welcoming champagne or the welcoming curse of Purgaton.

Last edited:

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Congrats would you like the welcoming champagne or the welcoming curse of purgaton.

Can I have both? One sounds quite refreshing while the other sounds like quite the adventure. Can't just choose one.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Well that's a relief, been out a couple days and the whole forum gets invaded.

L

Lawleious

Last edited:

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
*Curses* You now owe Lawleious 50 dollars for taking the Welcoming Curse of Purgaton which hereby grants the receiver the ability to be friends with Lawleious.

Technically, most of us here are friends or acquaintances in our own little gay way. But I always like making new friends!

L

Lawleious

Technically, most of us here are friends or acquaintances in our own little gay way. But I always like making new friends!

*gives the wink and the gun* Yup and now you owe me 50 dollars.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

That's how I felt when I was there mere minutes after the original wave of spam hit, it's why I was so excited about what was happening that I stayed up two more hours instead of heading to bed like I was planning to.

PeanutGallery

Apr 6, 2016
I got the same kind they use over on 4chan - a "click checkbox and it might decide to give you a captcha and it might just let you in, who knows" sort of deal.

Mine let me in without making me squint at the screen, but that's just me.

K

Krynh

I got the same kind they use over on 4chan - a "click checkbox and it might decide to give you a captcha and it might just let you in, who knows" sort of deal.

Mine let me in without making me squint at the screen, but that's just me.

That's Google's smarter Captcha thingy. Works out if you're likely to be a bot or not rather than just showing the text.

PeanutGallery

Apr 6, 2016
That's Google's smarter Captcha thingy. Works out if you're likely to be a bot or not rather than just showing the text.

That's what I figured.

APPARENTLY IF I AM A BOT I AM A CLEVER ENOUGH ONE TO PASS MUSTER!

Muahahaha! The humans don't suspect a thing.

K

Krynh

The spam is less worse than the first time they showed up.

Last edited:

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Spam folks are good at what they do and what they do is spam a bunch.

It's easy to clean up and not really obstructive. Have some chill, users, and we'll carry on. Hell, it impacts a very small portion of the user base - my American self has yet to see one at all. Annoyingly. Wanna click that spam button.

It's a nice button.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Spam folks are good at what they do and what they do is spam a bunch.

It's easy to clean up and not really obstructive. Have some chill, users, and we'll carry on. Hell, it impacts a very small portion of the user base - my American self has yet to see one at all. Annoyingly. Wanna click that spam button.

It's a nice button.

I only noticed by the pure chance that I was there when the very first set happened. Haven't seen any since the first night, so I'm guessing unless you're online real late  America time you'll miss it the majority of the time.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Goddamnit, they're back... They sure like hitting after midnight.

Edit: So far they seem to be sticking to just General Bullshit. Also it seems to be a new website, did they also use a different website the other times? I was only here for the first one.

Last edited by a moderator: