Maximum Femininity/Masculinity for Herms

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Seems like it https://www.carnalsouls.com/ They recently released a character creation demo. But yeah in the Carnal souls setting TFs seem like they will be a less random and more selectively voluntary affair. But in TiTS and CoC they are supposed to be random mutations that you are basically at the mercy of unless you either cheat, save scum, or pay a significant cost to control.

The release over time gradual TFs like horse pills are particularly annoying / make save scumming harder because you have a reduced chance of getting the specific effect you are looking for without it also being paired up with other traits you may not want... 

Last edited by a moderator:

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
The release over time gradual TFs like horse pills are particularly annoying / make save scumming harder because you have a reduced chance of getting the specific effect you are looking for without it also being paired up with other traits you may not want... 

Tell me about it, it was quite the pain to make a Centaur Steele without save-scumming my first playthrough.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Items styled like what Etis is proposing would be convenient but are likely too convenient given the intended design of the game unless paired with some other heavy cost.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Like it or not save scumming is intended to be a large cost of most items in the game. Since the transformations are supposed to be random unless you somehow otherwise pay heavily for a specially targeted trait. Look at the cost difference between Aursaur treats and "knot a problem". Both can give you a knot. But Knot a problem has an inflated price in comparison because in order to get a knot from the treats you'd need to either get lucky or save scum. Even then you have to accept getting a dog dick along with the knot from the treats. Control and convenience come at a heavy premium in the setting that's why there are characters who are driven to crippling or near crippling debt to get the specific TFs they want. Reaha had to sell herself into slavery/indentured servitude and Sera is on the brink of having to do so if her shop isn't successful.

Random changes are cheap but control is meant to be costly. TBH I'm not really much a fan of that, which is why I use minerva and I'm hopping Carnal souls will handle TFing better. But as it stands with the way TFs are meant to be balanced in Fen's games this item is OP in comparison. 

Intended save scumming? This is very example of bad design if this is really intentional. And Catnip, unlike knot a problem, is not one-trait TF. There are few trait TFs there, but almost all they are gated behind racial TFs, except body constitution, and body constitution route is least effective one and you'll have to use more than several doses to do it fully. We are arguing about... What? Ability to gain cat ears and tail without anything else for sure?

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
It is bad design but it does seem to be intentional. I think it's cause Fen is trying to cater to an audience of players that get off on not having full control of what happens to their bodies/ losing control. So he makes it hard or expensive to get such control. In CoC the land corrupts you and in TiTS your travels basically taint you. Steph Ireson's misadventures across the planet's sort of mirrors the way Fen seems to intend for the world to leave a player altered in random ways. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
It is bad design but it does seem to be intentional. I think it's cause Fen is trying to cater to an audience of players that get off on not having full control of what happens to their bodies/ losing control. So he makes it hard or expensive to get such control. In CoC the land corrupts you and in TiTS your travels basically taint you. Steph Ireson's misadventures across the planet's sort of mirrors the way Fen seems to intend for the world to leave a player altered in random ways. 

In CoC it is justified. In TiTS it is only justified for "fount at field" TFs - they are free, but not controllable. But I see no reason not to have controllable TF. Especially since it's control level is not really wide - you only can choose body part to apply, not it's effect. Nearly 50% extra price compared to most other TFs of such type seems to be fair for this.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Clearly,  given the pricing scheme that the devs have implemented in the game, the devs disagree. Control, in their mind, comes at a much greater cost than you are proposing.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Clearly,  given the pricing scheme that the devs have implemented in the game, the devs disagree. Control, in their mind, comes at a much greater cost than you are proposing.

I disagree, since comparation of racial and specific trait TFs is incorrect.