Who is Victor Steele?

Night

Aug 26, 2015
I know who he is and his relevance to the ingame story, but I'm talking about who is this figure who has shadowed the PC the entire game, there are quite a few characters who have some dialogue that mentions they knew, have known events he was connected to, or have even slept with the man who basically created you as his proxy for the sole purpose of continuing his empire. I know the game mentions him as an intergalactic trillionaire playboy who sired you. But I feel like there's a bigger back story to him and some sod the shady people and events connected to him. 

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
That's basically the plot of the game. Figuring out just who he was aside from being your dad. Proving yourself to being able to live up to what he was, if not be better than him and escape his shadow. Dealing with all the people he's interacted and all that.

I'm guessing we'll learn more and more as we meet more people who knew him, get the probes, chase down some of his bastards / our half siblings, and deal with our family feud.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I know who he is and his relevance to the ingame story, but I'm talking about who is this figure who has shadowed the PC the entire game, there are quite a few characters who have some dialogue that mentions they knew, have known events he was connected to, or have even slept with the man who basically created you as his proxy for the sole purpose of continuing his empire. I know the game mentions him as an intergalactic trillionaire playboy who sired you. But I feel like there's a bigger back story to him and some sod the shady people and events connected to him. 

It would be impossible for the devs to fill all the blanks, and, IMO, even detrimental in some ways. Just imagine what your 'typical space adventure PC' would be up to in a truly free-run mode without the looming shadow of a precursor or rat-races towards inheritance. Then add all the fetishes and stretch it across several decades. Bam, Pops Steele's biography.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
It would be impossible for the devs to fill all the blanks, and, IMO, even detrimental in some ways. Just imagine what your 'typical space adventure PC' would be up to in a truly free-run mode without the looming shadow of a precursor or rat-races towards inheritance. Then add all the fetishes and stretch it across several decades. Bam, Pops Steele's biography.

Decades?  Well he just barely misses qualifying for centuries.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Several centuries more like, plus enough transformations to fuck up your genetic code, and several of your friends end up super filthy rich just like you, that'll get you closer to the idea of Vic's adventures.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I just assumed that Victor spent most of his life savoring his new billionaire lifestyle, but now when I think about it, he probably continued adventuring in one way or the other till the day he died. At the very least he had more sexcapades and, if we assume that Shade's mom didn't just decided by herself to keep it secret, ventured out incognito.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015