Observation post of the Observer.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
ah yes, because the potential of the official writer who prefers to fill every existing tile with girls to impregnate to even make him an interactable npc is so much better than someone actively trying to write for him, while I agree that maybe making a scene for an existing character is a doable entry-level admission, making a full-on character or combat encounter is much less so, especially since I remember the design doc says that they do not want a bunch of bubble waifus, and writing a full combat encounter when is not really something one desires to sound over the top

plus you are also forgetting, that just writing for the game doesn't mean it's gonna get in, the permission is more of a "hey can there even be stuff for this character" kinda deal
You're strawmanning him. He's not saying that the potential for TOBs to write more for the character is greater or less than someone else taking it on, he's just saying that nobody has the right to do that without his consent, especially when that person has shown no indications that they are going to be able to do so at a high enough standard for his liking. Several people have made brand new characters to add to the game, the bubble waifus comment refers specifically to companions so you're clearly misremembering.

I'm not even sure what kind of point you're trying to make here, the person people were responding to was specifically asking for permission to make an expac for TOBs character. Sure, he could write it without TOBs permission if he wanted but it would be a shitty thing to do and wouldn't get in the game anyway, so it would be pointless. Whether it has the potential to go beyond a badly written fanfic or not is besides the point. I get you're frustrated about how TOBS handles characters, but I think you're letting those feelings cloud your judgement.

Last edited:

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
You're strawmanning him. He's not saying that the potential for TOBs to write more for the character is greater or less than someone else taking it on, he's just saying that nobody has the right to do that without his consent, especially when that person has shown no indications that they are going to be able to do so at a high enough standard for his liking. Several people have made brand new characters to add to the game, the bubble waifus comment refers specifically to companions so you're clearly misremembering.

I'm not even sure what kind of point you're trying to make here, the person people were responding to was specifically asking for permission to make an expac for TOBs character. Sure, he could write it without TOBs permission if he wanted but it would be a shitty thing to do and wouldn't get in the game anyway, so it would be pointless. Whether it has the potential to go beyond a badly written fanfic or not is besides the point. I get you're frustrated about how TOBS handles characters, but I think you're letting those feelings cloud your judgement.
I am not misremembering

point is, that permission is being asked if it's up to the quality or not is something that can be measured like one paragraph in if its granted, the pre denial of "oh but you have not written your own character/encounter yet!" is miffing

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
I am not misremembering

point is, that permission is being asked if it's up to the quality or not is something that can be measured like one paragraph in if its granted, the pre denial of "oh but you have not written your own character/encounter yet!" is miffing
That says nothing about not being allowed to make new characters, just that its best to start with a new enemy encounter or an event in the wilderness and that those have more demand. Like I said, several people have made brand new characters, many after building up their writing portfolio as it were. Also, that's not the design doc, and the bubble waifus comment in the design doc specifically refers to companions. So yes, you are misremembering.

But the whole point of having previous writing experience is to prove that you can handle a project like this, make it good quality and that you'll stick around to do so. The person we were responding to has proven none of these things, and basically rage quit the moment he received the slightest criticism. You're basically saying that TOBs should give this random newbie writer who just joined the forums on the day he posted equal weight and attention as an established writer which is just silly. I get you want more content for this character, but I feel like you're letting that as well as your feelings of frustration blind you to what is actually happening in this particular situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skylinegtr34

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
But the whole point of having previous writing experience is to prove that you can handle a project like this, make it good quality and that you'll stick around to do so. The person we were responding to has proven none of these things, and basically rage quit the moment he received the slightest criticism. You're basically saying that TOBs should give this random newbie writer who just joined the forums on the day he posted equal weight and attention as an established writer which is just silly.
see this is a significantly better point (that will be given) than "but he may get content!" or just "write a whole character first"

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
see this is a significantly better point (that will be given) than "but he may get content!" or just "write a whole character first"
I mean the point about him maybe getting content was tangential to Ira Morti's main point, all he was saying is that whether the character was considered complete by TOBs or not, that doesn't give somebody the right to write for him without his consent, especially when he doesn't know if they'll write it at a good enough standard. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Its also reasonable to expect somebody to build up a portfolio first, writing a whole character isn't recommended for your first foray (although some do it and its not as difficult as it sounds if you keep it short to start) but honestly taking on an expac for another persons character for your first time is almost as difficult, if not more so wouldn't you agree?

Reactions: IraMorti

CitrusWolf

May 19, 2020
I mean the point about him maybe getting content was tangential to Ira Morti's main point, all he was saying is that whether the character was considered complete by TOBs or not, that doesn't give somebody the right to write for him without his consent, especially when he doesn't know if they'll write it at a good enough standard. That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Its also reasonable to expect somebody to build up a portfolio first, writing a whole character isn't recommended for your first foray (although some do it and its not as difficult as it sounds if you keep it short to start) but honestly taking on an expac for another persons character for your first time is almost as difficult, if not more so wouldn't you agree?
I would not, and expac for an existing character with little to no content grants saved time in how they are like personality wise and how they fit in the world, I think personally that between having to build from the ground up having a base you just need to keep track to keep the style of is easier, I agree with the rest of having something to show, not the whole character/encounter bit.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
I would not, and expac for an existing character with little to no content grants saved time in how they are like personality wise and how they fit in the world, I think personally that between having to build from the ground up having a base you just need to keep track to keep the style of is easier, I agree with the rest of having something to show, not the whole character/encounter bit.
I can see you're point, but it would still be more difficult than starting smaller with a couple of extra scenes or the like regardless.

Reactions: Tenalc13

Tenalc13

Mar 16, 2020
Someone on the Internet during the discussion did not get personal and eventually came to a common agreement. Is it legal at all? :O

FadeSeeker

Jan 24, 2021
This question is regarding the 'Metaphysical Nature' of the Kitsune not sure if this goes into spoiler areas so:
Regarding the absence of souls in kitsune are they born soulless or is their soul automatically joined with the 'Communal Soul' at there conception or while their in the womb.

The reason I bring this up was if the soul is present then that means with each born kitsune, Keros gains not just a new born to his servant race but also an increase in his power due to a new soul joining the communal soul.

So that means all your kitsune children are increasing his power, which also bring new meaning and purpose to the presence of 'Den Mothers' in kitsune society.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Kohaku1.png

Kohaku2.png

Kohaku3.png

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
Damn, I can't believe Kohaku went through every stage of pregnancy in the time it took to make a batch of taiyaki.

Nov 9, 2021
Are there any plans to expand Kiyoko's interactions with other companions? Like letting another companion join her and the champion in bed (or have her join the champion and another companion), or getting her opinions on the newer companions (Azyrran, Agnimitra, and Viviane).

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
She's had Threeways with other foxes so companions probably wouldn't be out of the question. I don't see her having sex with anyone but the champion though.

Reactions: Skylinegtr34

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
When you asked her about your companions didnt she say that they are fine and wasn’t interested in them very much

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Need to have her work at the shrine for a couple seasons. Either it'll increase her lagging spirituality, or she'll snag a rich and influential boyfriend while there. Win/win.