Emmy and the Steele Myr

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Ok, so I  was playing around with Emmy, I found out that if you're a Myr you can't buy stuff from her. That's fine if you've never met her before. With I was a Zil morph, met her, gave her the flower, then became an Orange Myr. I go back and she doesn't recognize me and tells me she can't sell to natives. Fine, whatever, I changed species, I can understand that.

But then I get an email from her saying to visit her, I go visit her as an Orange Myr, I bring up the email, she gives Steele a blowjob and then I try to go into her shop and she says she doesn't recognize me and she can't sell to natives as if she didn't just have cum sprayed all over her face by the person she wants to move forward in a relationship with...

I'm not sure if you guys would consider that a bug (no pun intended) or just the interaction working as intended. I did a quick search of the forums and couldn't really find anything specific about this, so I was wondering if this would be fixed later, or not at all?

bigjrodsw

Oct 4, 2015
Not a bug, just the way it is coded. She has the same response to myr's regardless of progression in the relationship.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm struggling to understand why this is a thing at all. Shouldn't we have some form of identification? Not to mention that she works next door from the lab that actually makes the Myr TF item.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I'm struggling to understand why this is a thing at all. Shouldn't we have some form of identification? Not to mention that she works next door from the lab that actually makes the Myr TF item.

I'm just imagining that her boss threatened to put a gun to her head if a myr ever got their hands on one of their arms, which would explain why she's so adamantly presumptuous. When you pull out your codex, she exclaims that you've 'obviously' stole it and that it would take a myr TF years to get on the market in spite of the fact she's within spitting distance of Xenogen's offices.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm just imagining that her boss threatened to put a gun to her head if a myr ever got their hands on one of their arms, which would explain why she's so adamantly presumptuous. When you pull out your codex, she exclaims that you've 'obviously' stole it and that it would take a myr TF years to get on the market in spite of the fact she's within spitting distance of Xenogen's offices.

I don't even think it's really on the market, considering it's just sold out of the lab it's made in.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016

There is some sort of identification, I remember Penny saying something along the lines that she wouldn't have even recognized you (after having met, then changing species) if it hadn't been for some identification hardware on the door. But maybe only the space cops can afford that, though I'd think company that sells things to spacers would invest in such a machine, considering you can get transformative items practically anywhere...

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
There is some sort of identification, I remember Penny saying something along the lines that she wouldn't have even recognized you (after having met, then changing species) if it hadn't been for some identification hardware on the door. But maybe only the space cops can afford that, though I'd think company that sells things to spacers would invest in such a machine, considering you can get transformative items practically anywhere...

Given that the store is pretty goddamn fancy even by the standards of our rich ass, I'd have to say that it not having such a feature on it when employees are not supposed to sell to natives feels stupid.

Plus I highly doubt that the space cops can afford something when a megacorp couldn't. They wouldn't be too happy with the government's getting on their asses because they sold to people who they weren't supposed to interfere with. A glorified metal detector is probably vastly cheaper than whatever hell would have to be paid if the wrong things were sold to the wrong people.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I'd be perfectly happy if we could still interact with Emmy personally after native TFs even if her stock would remain off-limits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
I'd be perfectly happy if we could still interact with Emmy personally after native TFs even if her stock would remain off-limits.

I can kind of see where she's coming from with that, though. She doesn't want it to seem like she's buddying up or making deals with the natives or she could lose her job. Especially sine her shop doesn't seem to have identification devices.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I can kind of see where she's coming from with that, though. She doesn't want it to seem like she's buddying up or making deals with the natives or she could lose her job. Especially sine her shop doesn't seem to have identification devices.

I don't see any reason why Emmy shouldn't have the tech to ID natives from non-natives. I mean there's a TF shop in the city proper that sells to natives so just relying on the clerk visually IDing the customer instead of actually checking their space ID or having the same tech that Penny has seems like it wouldn't really work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Maybe the shop does have identifying machines, but Emmy doesn't know how to use them (she can't even get her nametag to say what she wants it to). So instead of trying to operate it, she just shoos all the myr-resembling people out with a bullshit line rather than owning up (just like how she just doesn't use her nametag instead of asking for help).

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Maybe the shop does have identifying machines, but Emmy doesn't know how to use them (she can't even get her nametag to say what she wants it to). So instead of trying to operate it, she just shoos all the myr-resembling people out with a bullshit line rather than owning up (just like how she just doesn't use her nametag instead of asking for help).

There must be some kind of idiot savant thing going on, then, because she's smart enough to modify the weapons she gives you for getting crystals somehow. At least, I'm pretty positive it was her that modified them. And then all that talk about what the Crystal Shards could possibly be used for... Maybe those nametags are like VCRs. Something not difficult at all that people always say they have trouble with.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
There must be some kind of idiot savant thing going on, then, because she's smart enough to modify the weapons she gives you for getting crystals somehow. At least, I'm pretty positive it was her that modified them. And then all that talk about what the Crystal Shards could possibly be used for... Maybe those nametags are like VCRs. Something not difficult at all that people always say they have trouble with.

Plenty of geniuses out there who don't know how to operate a blanket, might be its just not tech she's interested in therefore she never learned it. Unlike guns, which she likes and knows how to use as a result.

SorenMageofMareth

Aug 28, 2015
Kiha Corp is a corp. Might just be mass produced taggs that lock on Id and can't be changed without paperwork conducive to just changing you name. 

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Kiha Corp is a corp. Might just be mass produced taggs that lock on Id and can't be changed without paperwork conducive to just changing you name. 

It's a name tag. Just 3D print a piece of plastic with your name on it and you're done (at least as far as the customers are concerned, and, well, if your nametag was some high-tech apparatus you need for something, just ditching it when it doesn't say what you want it to wouldn't be an option).

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

My new headcanon based on your idea: there is some kind of crappy scanning device that's on by default. It doesn't pick up subtle differences Steele has compared to a normal native and locks all possible transactions. There is a proper set of identifying equipment, but... see above.

Still doesn't fully excuse her not giving Steele a chance to prove themselves if she knows them personally. Maybe make her come clean if she and Steele know each other well enough and allow tech savvy PCs to fix said equipment.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Implemented a fix in the pull request (#610).

Emmy should treat Steele like an unknown Myrellion native upon repeat visits now (using the first-time approach reaction)--just so there is some consistency there.

Corivas

Aug 29, 2015
Implemented a fix in the pull request (#610).

Emmy should treat Steele like an unknown Myrellion native upon repeat visits now (using the first-time approach reaction)--just so there is some consistency there.

Yay!