Queen Taivra and her probe-y throne

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
This is probably an incredibly silly request and it makes absolutely zero difference to the game but I was on my bimbo character and she was too stupid to be able to talk the Queen out of fighting. So after beating her it gave me the option to sex her, kill her or slave her or leave. I chose leave cause I'm playing a kind character. When reading the text my Steele told her to bring the probe (her throne) some place so that the company can retrieve it.

I was wondering, is there a possibility of getting an option to leave the probe at all? I already got her spear, I don't need the probe. I even gave the last one to Sheeka. Also, it doesn't seem like you get any money for retrieving the Queen's probe throne. Not sure if that's a bug, if someone forgot about that, or if it just hasn't been implemented yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
If you marry her (sans fighting), the probe gets to stay. You do get a nice 20k credits for it, though, the next time you visit your ship.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
Yeah, I'm dumb. You get the money after you get back to your ship. But my thing is that my character is too stupid to be able to go the peaceful route, so I wanted an option after the fight to leave the probe.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The winner takes it all! It is YOUR throne now, after all.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
The winner takes it all! It is YOUR throne now, after all.

I'm not sure if you mean that in the "spoils of war" sense or the "you're the new ruler" sense, but it's definitely not the case for the latter since you can't even go back into the castle after the fight. And if it's the former, then yes, it's you're throne, you should have the option of leaving it. But I guess then you'd never find out that thing about Shade...

The peaceful route does not have any Int requirements.

I tried doing the same thing as before with my smart characters, though. Told her your cousin and you were rivals, then chose the 'peace' option and she says she doesn't believe me. With my... I'll say 'non-bimbo' characters, it works just fine. Maybe it's not intelligence, maybe it's whether you're a bimbo or not. Either way, though.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
It's whether you're Nice or not. Mischievous can get the peaceful resolution by saying you're just there for the probe. Asshats will have to fight.

Darkfirephoenix

Oct 19, 2015
I'm not sure if you mean that in the "spoils of war" sense or the "you're the new ruler" sense, but it's definitely not the case for the latter since you can't even go back into the castle after the fight. And if it's the former, then yes, it's you're throne, you should have the option of leaving it. But I guess then you'd never find out that thing about Shade...

I think you can't go back either way atm.

Also going the peacefull way has the same results as fighting and then overtaking save for a permabuff that makes combat-encounters with her race less likely and that you have her as your married wife (with all strings attached)

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
It's whether you're Nice or not. Mischievous can get the peaceful resolution by saying you're just there for the probe. Asshats will have to fight.

I chose 'nice' at character creation. I always choose either 'nice' or 'mischievous'.

I think you can't go back either way atm.

Also going the peacefull way has the same results as fighting and then overtaking (save for a permabuff that makes combat-encounters with her race less likely)

Yes, if you choose the marry her option after peaceful negotiation you can revisit the castle and have sex with her.

Darkfirephoenix

Oct 19, 2015
I chose 'nice' at character creation. I always choose either 'nice' or 'mischievous'.

You shouldn't forget that your behaviour can change along the way (if you are a jerk you'll end up with "hard" sooner or later).

Hrmmm I find it strange that you can't go back then after taking over... She even says herself that she will respect you if you want to fight her and win, so the whole lockdown seems strange to me (and even stranger with the reason the guards/the trader will give you "She doesn't want anything to do with you star walkers after the assault")

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015

If she says she doesn't believe you come in peace, that's because your character is not Nice. The personality scores are dynamic, check your Codex to see where you actually stand.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
If she says she doesn't believe you come in peace, that's because your character is not Nice. The personality scores are dynamic, check your Codex to see where you actually stand.

Huh, personality is Hard... and ditz. I wonder how that happened... I don't remember being mean. Maybe it was from turning Dr. Badger into a bimbo... oh well. Thanks for that answer. Now just need to know if there's a way to get the option to leave the probe.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Now just need to know if there's a way to get the option to leave the probe.

There is: marry her.

Seriously though, who cares. It doesn't take Taivra a day to get a new throne, presumably something engineered more for comfort and less for surviving atmospheric re-entry.

Heather_Trails

Jan 20, 2016
There is: marry her.

Seriously though, who cares. It doesn't take Taivra a day to get a new throne, presumably something engineered more for comfort and less for surviving atmospheric re-entry.

That's why I said it was an incredibly silly request and has no bearing on the game. Was just wondering if it could happen.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Since there already is a route in which you do not take the probe, it should follow that there's no plot-critical reason why the PC couldn't leave the probe (after all, the Shade thing also doesn't happen if you do Taivra's Palace before KaraQuest 1). So it could happen.

It won't, though.