What Path do you guys mostly choose for kassyra Romantic path or Enemy path?

CboyC95

Jul 14, 2021
I'm one of the few people who'd prefer a more neutral path with Kasyrra. Like, have my character confront and explain to her what she is doing is wrong, and maybe possibly a redemption/purification from that. But since there isn't (at the moment), I picked enemy.

Tainted-Alice

Nov 20, 2015
I love Kass :oops: she is awesome and ticks all my boxes so far minus the imp pregnancy stuff but everyone’s got their flaws. I also don’t do pregnancy so this doesn’t effect me either so the fact I can romance her is amazing I lIked her as soon as she stepped out of the portal I mean technically she did save my life :) I don’t think I will ever not try to romance her.

Colaymorak

May 24, 2019
Romance

1) It adds a level of tension to everything, imho. Enemy is just entirely too straight forward ;)
2) I am entirely incapable of playing this game in a way that doesn't have my character become a polyamorous turbo slut
3) The bad end for the "Coming into the closet" quest did way too much to sell me on the idea that Kass' obsession with the champion isn't purely sexual, in spite of the fact that it involved Kass and a newly soulless Champion having a year-long fuckfest (Kass has feelings, but as a demon she's kinda up the creek without a paddle when it comes to addressing them in any way that doesn't involve someone's dick up someone's holes)

So yes, she does terrible things, but in her defense I love her

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Romance

1) It adds a level of tension to everything, imho. Enemy is just entirely too straight forward ;)
2) I am entirely incapable of playing this game in a way that doesn't have my character become a polyamorous turbo slut
3) The bad end for the "Coming into the closet" quest did way too much to sell me on the idea that Kass' obsession with the champion isn't purely sexual, in spite of the fact that it involved Kass and a newly soulless Champion having a year-long fuckfest (Kass has feelings, but as a demon she's kinda up the creek without a paddle when it comes to addressing them in any way that doesn't involve someone's dick up someone's holes)

So yes, she does terrible things, but in her defense I love her
Bad ends are non-canon, just a FYI.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115
Aug 8, 2020
My two characters not indifferent to her is abusive romance and the other wants to purge, both monsters in their own way that should feel bad about it.
The abusive one might fall for her down the line but its all about power atm.

Skandranon

Apr 20, 2018
Unless somethings changed in the last year or so, really only one directions gets you any content.

So, romance.

I think I'd actually prefer enemy/neutral, but there just doesn't seem to he any benefit in going that way as of yet.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Unless somethings changed in the last year or so, really only one directions gets you any content.

So, romance.

I think I'd actually prefer enemy/neutral, but there just doesn't seem to he any benefit in going that way as of yet.
I understand that kind of desire, but I'm not sure what "content" or "benefit" the player should even want out of not pursuing a relationship with Kas apart from "you are not pursuing a relationship with Kas"? The same goes for any other relationship, honestly. Forcing people to not choose a relationship just to get an item or an exclusive waifu/husbando or something is even less defensible than the idea of forcing people to choose a relationship just to get an item.

If you don't want to fuck Kasyrra - if you're not interested in her content, if you can't morally justify the idea of a Champion sexing the demon lady, if you roleplay that Champ's already spoken for, or whatever other reason you have for not doing her content - then just don't do her content. You'll be no worse off. I don't do it, after all!

Same goes for any other sexable character in the game, honestly.

Skandranon

Apr 20, 2018
I understand that kind of desire, but I'm not sure what "content" or "benefit" the player should even want out of not pursuing a relationship with Kas apart from "you are not pursuing a relationship with Kas"? The same goes for any other relationship, honestly. Forcing people to not choose a relationship just to get an item or an exclusive waifu/husbando or something is even less defensible than the idea of forcing people to choose a relationship just to get an item.

If you don't want to fuck Kasyrra - if you're not interested in her content, if you can't morally justify the idea of a Champion sexing the demon lady, if you roleplay that Champ's already spoken for, or whatever other reason you have for not doing her content - then just don't do her content. You'll be no worse off. Same with any other sexable character in the game.

Well this wasn't really a complaint, just an observation that there's really only one way to go that has any interesting results behind it.

But still, offhand, I could imagine if you oppose Kasyrra, there could be more content with the various gods, for instance. Easy justification that if you aren't banging their enemy the gods and their agents would obviously be more likely to fraternize with you.

Or heck, maybe Kass decides to hound you a bit more and sends more enemies after you that you don't see on the other path and we could see new content and characters there.

Or maybe an antagonistic relationship with Kass drives you to ally with others who pose a threat to/are aware of her, and could introduce new characters/content that way.

I get your point for any other relationship int he game - but this one's bit different. This is kinda the main thoroughfare of the game. Kass is basically the poster girl of the game, her image is literally the title picture. She's not just "any character", she's a character that has to be engaged with, multiple times, and is the driver for the entire plot.

If any choice or relationship in this game thats all about choice deserved to be fleshed out in multiple directions, I'd think it was how you interact with the main villain. A simple on/off switch is just a tiny bit deflating.

Last edited:

Rising Hunter

Apr 10, 2021
IMO, I'm neutral, at least on the fork where I've gone Kitsune. Kasyrra is not a direct threat to my soul, and I know I'm not strong enough to tackle her right now, so no sense pissing her off more than necessary. Better to keep my cards close while finding as much information as I can. Strictly speaking, I'm on the rival path, but any interaction could flip it to romance. I just don't see a reason to do that as of yet, considering Kasyrra's not really offered any compelling reason to do so as far as my character is concerned. Technology? I can just let her get things started, then help myself. There's more than a few technically oriented NPCs who would salivate at getting to research scavenged devices/ Sex? Too many options to count, anything she offers I can get elsewhere, and with less danger. Romance? I've got Kiyoko, Rynn, Brint, Rindo etc...

There's just nothing in it for my character right now.

MeiLan

May 15, 2019
I usually just default to the rival route because there's no way i (and the character i play as) could justify all the misery Kas is spreading and do nothing about it let alone speak for her, you just have to turn a blind eye to her sex dungeon, or all the demons she created and all the lives she ruined.

This is kind of an ongoing theme with these games. All the ugly, morally questionable stuff is really there if you stop and think about it, it's just that no one talks about it or the writers don't want to talk about it. I can completely understand why they wouldn't want to. Some just want to write mushy romantic stuff, and are uncomfortable with the corruption aspect of the game.

Maybe if this setting were more lighthearted, maybe i would romance her... Maybe.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean I assume everyone who romance's her knows full well there being bulkshited and are assisting with fucking the world,aka they're the bad guys.

• Sad
Reactions: PuppyPrincess

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
You mean rampant industrialization and the land being molested and killed?

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
You mean rampant industrialization and the land being molested and killed?

Look, I would gladly stab a bitch for indoor plumbing and clean housing. If that means the land and everyone else gets literally fucked to death, then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Look, I would gladly stab a bitch for indoor plumbing and clean housing. If that means the land and everyone else gets literally fucked to death, then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Pretty sure kor has plumbing considering the fact they have running sinks.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Khor'minos does indeed have indoor plumbing, and we're talking the outskirts and not even the people living inside the city proper. It's basically Savarran Rome with a similar level of technology. So yeah, Kas can't offer anything on that front that we can't get by settling down with Brint/Brienne, or headcanoning that we add it to our own wayfort once the situation in the undermountain is resolved and the city can spare a team of engineers.

Starslayerbob

Dec 23, 2021
Hoping we can redeem her and she can join the harem. Heck she implies as a demon she can take on different forms at will. She'd be an ideal lover. Literally she could have different forms suited to the player and use a different form per night in the bedroom. We have sen her demon self, an elf, a cat girl, and she implies she was once human. Redemption and lots of options is my vote.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Redemption and lots of options is my vote.
Two words: Parser. Nightmare. :p

More words: Whether you could give her back a soul a la CoC1's Lethice (making her effectively a new person) or the outcome of Redemption is exactly what's teased and you give her back a soul without destroying her existing personality, she'd still be human again. That means no shapeshifting.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
And possible "but x path doesn't have as much content as y's!" remarks.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Well, to be fair, I think not romancing Kas could/should lead to some sort of gain. I am a big fan of locking some content away if you romance her. Like not being able to soulbound with the gods. Or stuff like what Franks is planning where you can not romance Eryka if you pursue the demon. It does not need to be equal in terms of content but I still think it should be there.