Is there any TF currently in the game that gives you extra arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Not that extra arms are of any use in the slightest to my knowledge, I just think it would be freakin' awesome...

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Word of god is nothing will ever give you extra arms.  It would be far too much hassle for every content producer for far too little gain.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm rather doubtful that we'd be the one in one thousand who can actually control multiple arms. Assuming Dane is trustworthy on that information. Plus it would be a pain in the dick to code for and nobody would ever really use it.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Word of god is nothing will ever give you extra arms.  It would be far too much hassle for every content producer for far too little gain.

So I guess giving all the handjobs ever simultaneously wouldn't be enough gain? That's a shame.

I'm rather doubtful that we'd be the one in one thousand who can actually control multiple arms. Assuming Dane is trustworthy on that information. Plus it would be a pain in the dick to code for and nobody would ever really use it.

Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't included in either Myr transformation. 

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So I guess giving all the handjobs ever simultaneously wouldn't be enough gain? That's a shame.

Honestly, I'm surprised it wasn't included in either Myr transformation. 

Certainly not enough gain for every scene ever involving your arms (that is to say, almost all of them) to have to either include a fork or just forget you have extras.  Same reason changing your number of fingers is verboten, and same reason taurs will never get proper support from anyone.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Certainly not enough gain for every scene ever involving your arms (that is to say, almost all of them) to have to either include a fork or just forget you have extras.  Same reason changing your number of fingers is verboten, and same reason taurs will never get proper support from anyone.

I'd rather have them and have most scenes forget about them, and have just a few scenes that cater to having multiple arms. 

The taur situation is understandable because tauric bodies are quite a hindrance. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Well, unless somebody literally throws money at the writers...it seems that way yes.

No, even if you do because:

Pretty sure that entirely goes against the principle of a paid commission. 

Commissioned content does not have any guarantee of getting in. We, the staff, don't take commissions.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Or sell your body, only good things can come of this!!

Pretty sure that entirely goes against the principle of a paid commission. 

Here's how it works: You pay a writer to write stuff for you. They write you the stuff. Then you still need to have it added to the game. Fen and Co. aren't obligated to add a piece of content you paid another artist to create to the game.

(And Savin replied while I was writing this.)

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
Would an item like gene's synth arms be implemented that would allow for a second attack every round for melee characters or something, perhaps doing 25% of the first attacks damage. This seems like it could be a happy medium for this topic without forcing all the writers to accommodate a new exotic body type.

Arachne

Jan 14, 2016
Would an item like gene's synth arms be implemented that would allow for a second attack every round for melee characters or something, perhaps doing 25% of the first attacks damage. This seems like it could be a happy medium for this topic without forcing all the writers to accommodate a new exotic body type.

That's literally game breaking, everybody would have extra arms just for that extra attack then. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That's literally game breaking, everybody would have extra arms just for that extra attack then. 

It can simply use acessory slot and act like drone. BTW, IMO drones should already have their own slot(s).

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Still, nobody would use anything else.

It's a thing called dominant strategy, 

Why extra arms, and not other drone options? We already have TamWolf and varmint working this way.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
Sorry I didn't say so but I meant to say that the extra arms would be an accessory. And it wouldn't really be game breaking. My suggestion was that it would only be useful for melee characters, an alternative for people who can't use drones and don't play at tech specs. If a character doesn't invest in physique the item would be useless. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
How do you even tame the varmint anyways? Is the wiki up to date in my need to be a bimbo to tame it?

Yes, bimbo-only for now. There are comment about future alternative in code, but no real options yet.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Yes, bimbo-only for now. There are comment about future alternative in code, but no real options yet.

Damn. I wanted to give my puppy merc a puppy pal without giving up my mental faculties. Guess I'm waiting.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator

The same argument can be made against non-bipedal 

but yeah i also agree that it would be a mega hassle to have any additional arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.