CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8w-z for CoC 1.0.2)

Voidot

Jun 3, 2017
You need to have high plant score and the soul apprentice perk (for soul sense).
If you have these, then you'll unlock the location the next time you sleep

CubeChan

Apr 12, 2021
So, how do I actually complete the Gargoyle TF Ritual?
When I click on ritual after completely carving the statue, I just get this message:
"As you plan out the ritual you discover, to your utter annoyance, that the book doesn’t describe at all what the magic circles look like. Without this information, you can’t risk your very soul in a spell that might fail entirely due to a wrong drawing. You will need to somehow find more information about golems and gargoyles first. "

Bob_Grue

Apr 4, 2021
You need research materials from Zetaz's room in his cave, and from the Den of Desire. To find the Den of Desire in the Blighted Ridge, you must have broken the chains of the gargoyle you find in the cathedral early on and named her.

Liadri's thread is useful as a resource.

Reactions: CubeChan

Ancient Lurker

Jan 21, 2021
Why is Evangeline forced on players so much? Wasn't the complete freedom of choice the main idea of original CoC? Even before player gets any choice she curses them forcing to allow her into camp, what the fuck is this bullshit?

Can I somehow disable her, so that she doesn't appear, like parasitic worms? Or I need to erase her from the game code manually?

Last edited:

Whomever Cares

May 27, 2020
Why is Evangeline forced on players so much? Wasn't the complete freedom of choice the main idea of original CoC? Even before player gets any choice she curses them forcing to allow her into camp, what the fuck is this bullshit?

Can I somehow disable her, so that she doesn't appear, like parasitic worms? Or I need to erase her from the game code manually?

Not too fond of her myself for the same reasons (as well as her encounter rate being like 50% at all times, making it annoying to do anything else when clicking Explore), but I don't think the curse actually does anything, or at least its never done anything to me besides waste an hour whenever I encounter her again. Also can't disable her sadly, even with any of the save editors the most you can do to "remove" her is toggle whether or not she's been met and is in camp or not. Might as well just let her in and eat the fruit, as theres no downside to it (yet, if there ever will be) and currently the only other time she shows up for literally anything without clicking on her is if you complete the imp capture quest and keep the last one for yourself.

Ancient Lurker

Jan 21, 2021
Not too fond of her myself for the same reasons (as well as her encounter rate being like 50% at all times, making it annoying to do anything else when clicking Explore), but I don't think the curse actually does anything, or at least its never done anything to me besides waste an hour whenever I encounter her again. Also can't disable her sadly, even with any of the save editors the most you can do to "remove" her is toggle whether or not she's been met and is in camp or not. Might as well just let her in and eat the fruit, as theres no downside to it (yet, if there ever will be) and currently the only other time she shows up for literally anything without clicking on her is if you complete the imp capture quest and keep the last one for yourself.
Curse was lowering your health in battle by 100 points per turn, making it almost impossible to play without save editing or allowing her into your camp. Maybe it was changed and now curse does something else, but still, 50% chance of encounter and guaranteed debuff is not how you supposed to make players interested in your character.

Lunaraia

Oct 31, 2015
can i get some help with the hellcat tfs and the alrune tfs?

To become a hellcat you need to be a catmorph then explore the volcanic region a few times until you run into a hellcat event that you need to go through enough times to get caught.

To be an alraune you need to be a plant-morph and wait for holly to fully grow up. Talk to her then visit mare's island. You should have the Alraune option.

Reactions: Waifu Stealer

Bob_Grue

Apr 4, 2021
As I recall, becoming a fairy involves rescuing the fairy from Zetaz's cave, talking to her a few times at the Wet Bitch until you ask her what's wrong and she tells you something about needing a new fairy queen. Then you slog around the bog area for forever and a day trying to kill enough pooka to make them drop fifteen metal shards which you give back to the fairy. Then, if you're a pure human or elf, she might consider sponsoring you or something. I wasn't human or elf, so I didn't make it past that requirement. Expect to spend over a month of game time trying to get the quest items for this one.

Lunaraia

Oct 31, 2015
Only a month? Takes about half a YEAR to get hellcat, what with how rare that event is.

As far as I can tell, it's time constrained, replaces a Hellcat encounter, which is already really rare AND can only happen once per in game week at the earliest. Prepare to pull your hear out as you keep running into the alraune and fire golems over and over and over and over and (repeats for a while) over again.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Wanted to let you guys know that I have resumed active development. Anyway my first order of the day was to have a look at Oni drinks and Tetsubos.

unknown.png

GooGolPlex

Nov 14, 2018
I wanted to ask, is anyone having issues with multi hit causing NaN issues? Nothing happens during single hit, but it happens frequently once you go beyond single hits.

Wunwa

Sep 2, 2015
i've tried running this in SWF file player, Ruffle and lightspark but none of them work? what do you guys use to run this?

Voidot

Jun 3, 2017

SHAME

Mar 6, 2017
Here's hoping we can get an updated version of CoC_Edit Xianxia Edition sometime this year...

Reactions: frgig

Kiba_M

Aug 5, 2020
Is there a way to fix the freezing/lag? Almost anytime I click a button, especially in combat, the entire game freezes for between 1-5 seconds.

Lunaraia

Oct 31, 2015
Kiba_M try restarting the entire flash player, if that doesn't help it's because your stats have grown so high the game is starting to take time computing it.

Honestly the game could benefit from a number crunch in that regard especially after you ascend a few times.

Kiba_M

Aug 5, 2020
Kiba_M try restarting the entire flash player, if that doesn't help it's because your stats have grown so high the game is starting to take time computing it.

Honestly the game could benefit from a number crunch in that regard especially after you ascend a few times.

I've tried that. It doesn't work unfortunately. It begins to happen as early as lvl 15ish with stats only around 120ish.

Antarez

May 13, 2021
Ya'll having problems with SWF Player not popping up a keyboard? Bit annoying to miss out on custom names when playing on my phone.

Nobleman99

May 23, 2021
So im not sure if this is a problem some where els or in this mod but when i ascend whenever i reload a save it resets my stats. do i need to start saving to file after i Ascend?

Valelira

May 24, 2021
Obviosuly... Yet still too pure. Guessing I should just reinstall everything and start a new save. That doesnt fix it I give up.