Can you progress Chaurmine's relationship past 10% without sleeping with him?

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
He seems like a cool and interesting guy and I'd like to enjoy more of his content but according to his wiki page (which may or may not be outdated since, let's be honest, the TITS and COC2 wikis are rather poorly maintained) it's not possible to progress his relationship platonically past the initial 10% from his first two talk options in the Novahome bar, so he never goes to Uveto and I can never get his railgun and hammer which is pretty disappointing.

I could increase his relationship by save editing but then the game would probably automatically assume I'm pursuing a romantic relationship with him which I'm not really interested in. Is it really not possible to just be bros with the hulking 9 foot dinosaur alien instead of lovers?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I could increase his relationship by save editing but then the game would probably automatically assume I'm pursuing a romantic relationship with him which I'm not really interested in. Is it really not possible to just be bros with the hulking 9 foot dinosaur alien instead of lovers?
The relationship thing is just romantic/sexual. That's pretty much the entire point of how the story in relation to that relationship is going. You fuck, he catches feelings, he needs to leave but he has new unfamiliar feelings for the pc (love), they meet again later when he's practically been driven crazy because his lizard brain isn't meant for love (Not actually crazy, of course, but simplifying), you kick his ass and he settles down with an understanding of these new emotions. Him just being your bro rather than your lover pretty much defeats the entire point of his character arc.