TiTsEd - A save editor

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
Are you asking them TO do that, or if it's POSSIBLE for that to be done? If it's something you want on your end, you can edit the xml instead of waiting.

<Perk Name="Perma-cute" Description="Your masculinity is permanently fixed to retain a cute, boyish appearance." Value1="40" Value2="40" />
Sometime back somebody had problems with the perk in the save editor because the standard values are set to 0 instead of 40 as they are in game. So i am asking alkeister to set the perk values to what they are supposed to be

See here https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/a-list-of-unrelated-questions.9889/page-30#post-289781

Reactions: Narmlet

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Is it possible to make it so that TiTsEd can add the cooties SSTD to a character?
I am aware of how it works. Although the request is a bit ambiguous so I will clarify. @alkeiser can you set values 1 and 2 of the perma-cute perk to 40 as a standard in the code?

In the latest build, as is initial ship support page.
Only supports general stat viewing/editing currently.
Don't try to add or remove ships, you'll break your save.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Trying to open a save file:
[TiTsEd: 0.30.0.30390, TiTs Data: 33]
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TiTsEd.ViewModel.CharacterVM..ctor(GameVM game, AmfObject obj)
at TiTsEd.ViewModel.ShipArrayVM.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(AmfObject x)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.ComponentModel.UpdatableCollection`2..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
at TiTsEd.ViewModel.ArrayVM`1..ctor(AmfObject obj, Func`2 selector)
at TiTsEd.ViewModel.GameVM..ctor(AmfFile file, GameVM previousVM)
at TiTsEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

It opens more recent saves, and the previous version was able to open this one.
If I load the file in TiTS, then save (in a different slot, if it matters), I can open the new file in the editor.

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Trying to open a save file:
[TiTsEd: 0.30.0.30390, TiTs Data: 33]
It opens more recent saves, and the previous version was able to open this one.
If I load the file in TiTS, then save (in a different slot, if it matters), I can open the new file in the editor.

Fixed

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Thanks for the quick fix.

Overcharge has an outdated description. Should read:
Grants the ability to perform a single ranged attack for 200% normal damage. Higher intelligence will increase the chances to stun the target with the shot. Requires an energy weapon.

Innocent Allure should be listed under Treatment instead of Events. (It's a Foux-Cow perk). Lusty Afterglow (also Foux-Cow) is missing.

There are a number of items that haven't been added yet.

Here's a list of all items I know of added with Kiona. It includes short name, long name and stack size. If you need more, let me know.

Attachments

• Kiona Items.txt
    1,016 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:

UNeternity

Aug 11, 2019
Hey there, long time follower, one time pull request submitter, and first time poster here.

Come across a rather glaring bug with the 0.30.0 update; namely the player's ship gets flooded with "Nothing" modules to the point you can't fly it rendering the save a dead end if you landed somewhere without access to a mechanic who can uninstall them (Myrellion). The only ways to get around the issue that I've found are to either save with one of said mechanics about or revert to an older save. It's that or wait for a version of TiTsEd with module editing available.

Attached files are saves created using TiTS 0.8.012 (TiTs_6.sol) and another loaded from the previous and resaved with zero edits using TiTsEd 0.30.0 (TiTs_7.sol).

TL;DR - Saving with TiTsEd 0.30.0 stops you from flying with Nothing modules. Load saves in-game to see.

EDIT: Problem persists in TiTsEd 0.30.1

Attachments

• TiTs_6.sol
    262.9 KB · Views: 4
  • TiTs_7.sol
    388.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Thanks for the quick fix.

Overcharge has an outdated description. Should read:
Grants the ability to perform a single ranged attack for 200% normal damage. Higher intelligence will increase the chances to stun the target with the shot. Requires an energy weapon.

Innocent Allure should be listed under Treatment instead of Events. (It's a Foux-Cow perk). Lusty Afterglow (also Foux-Cow) is missing.

There are a number of items that haven't been added yet.

Here's a list of all items I know of added with Kiona. It includes short name, long name and stack size. If you need more, let me know.

In the latest build

Hey there, long time follower, one time pull request submitter, and first time poster here.

Come across a rather glaring bug with the 0.30.0 update; namely the player's ship gets flooded with "Nothing" modules to the point you can't fly it rendering the save a dead end if you landed somewhere without access to a mechanic who can uninstall them (Myrellion). The only ways to get around the issue that I've found are to either save with one of said mechanics about or revert to an older save. It's that or wait for a version of TiTsEd with module editing available.

Attached files are saves created using TiTS 0.8.012 (TiTs_6.sol) and another loaded from the previous and resaved with zero edits using TiTsEd 0.30.0 (TiTs_7.sol).

TL;DR - Saving with TiTsEd 0.30.0 stops you from flying with Nothing modules. Load saves in-game to see.

EDIT: Problem persists in TiTsEd 0.30.1

Fixed, didn't notice this issue because I was testing with the clowncar cheat.
The game doesn't ignore "empty item" slots when calculating whether it is overcrowded.

Chase

May 13, 2016
It's a side project of mine. It is far behind the normal releases and so no one really uses it. The only reason to use it is if you don't use windows.

None

Jul 17, 2017
Hello,
I've found in the Treatment settings some mods (3,5,6 for herm) in description, that looks like doesn't work. When I choose one of them I have icon of treatment in game but nothing happening. Have I missed something or it just not working?

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
Hello,
I've found in the Treatment settings some mods (3,5,6 for herm) in description, that looks like doesn't work. When I choose one of them I have icon of treatment in game but nothing happening. Have I missed something or it just not working?

If you're talking about "The Treatment" status effect itself, don't try mucking about with that.
You're better off using one of the cheat codes, or just setting your character the way you want, and set "Treated" status.

dragontamer8740

Nov 9, 2015
Aah! Thanks a lot, I love this editor. Only of the few things that have annoyed me is that there has not been a editor compatible with Linux.

I already had a fun time making fun characters with this, I hope that you continue working on it.
That's cool, I just pushed a makefile to my fork of it and made a pull request so it's simpler to build on Unix systems.

That said, I did get the .NET one working in linux a while back by using Wine and the official .NET 4.0 framework installed via Winetricks. I too wish it didn't use WPF and would therefore work in Mono, though.
Note that when clicking on menus I had to hover the mouse over the place the options were supposed to appear before they would actually appear. Also, I sometimes would have to alt-tab away from the window and alt-tab back to it in order to make keyboard input work.
Code:
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ cd ~
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-dotnet4; export WINEPREFIX
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ WINEARCH=win32; export WINEARCH
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ wget 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Winetricks/winetricks/master/src/winetricks' -O winetricks
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ chmod +x winetricks
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ ./winetricks dotnet40
(five years later, once it's finally done installing)
Code:
fakeusername@fakehost:~/games/flash/TiTsEd$ wine ./TiTsEd.exe
You will need to resize the window to get everything visible.
For slightly nicer looking text on non-high-DPI screens, you can also run:
Code:
fakeusername@fakehost:~$ winetricks fontsmooth=rgb
To run the editor in the future, you'll need to be using the correct wineprefix. I'd write a little script that reads something like:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/env bash
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-dotnet4; export WINEPREFIX
WINEARCH=win32; export WINEARCH
cd /path/to/TiTsEd
wine ./TiTsEd.exe
…and using that to run it.
Note that I don't really find I need to do the 'WINEARCH' part, in practice. But winetricks isn't very tested on wine64 or hybrid (WoW64) prefixes by comparison so the winetricks script warns you that it's not really tested/supported at all on a wine64 prefix but proceeds to try anyway. I've used it successfully in hybrid prefixes but YMMV. I'm using Wine 4.16, but I was already successfully using this in wine 2.x a few years ago.
Also, wish they'd drop the sources for the public release so the editor could get updated. If they plan to do another public drop in a couple days, though, I can wait.

Last edited:

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I don't know if this has been asked already, but is there a way to adjust the Max energy on ships or is the max energy hardcoded into the ship?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Scaled Cock flag is missing. (Gryvain cocks have this by default).

Out of date descriptions:
Attack Drone said:
Grants an attack drone that will automatically fire on your enemies every combat round as long as your shields are up. The drone will also bolster your shields with its own, raising your maximum shielding by three points per level. Grants acquired drones more damage.

Deflector Regeneration said:
Grants the ability to restore a moderate amount of shielding and energy over four combat rounds. Usable once per combat at no cost.

Power Surge said:
Grants the ability to restore a moderate amount of shielding and 33 energy. Usable once per combat at no cost.

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
Just to ask, but can anyone help me get my editor working. the app itself stopped opening today. (Cannot set owner property to a window that has not been shown previously) if you need the Text file that auto writes after error is closed, then I can provide.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Just to ask, but can anyone help me get my editor working. the app itself stopped opening today. (Cannot set owner property to a window that has not been shown previously) if you need the Text file that auto writes after error is closed, then I can provide.
Can you provide more details? Screenshots? (The Snipping tool is useful for this.)

Did you update Windows? Did you download the latest version of the Editor?

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
Can you provide more details? Screenshots? (The Snipping tool is useful for this.)

Did you update Windows? Did you download the latest version of the Editor?

Well nothing updated. It was working fine then i restarted my laptop. After I kept getting the message that the .gif has.

(Cant remember how to put text into a collapsible)

Attachments

• Error messg.gif
    Error messg.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 19

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
By collapsible, do you mean
<Spoiler></Spoiler>? (Replace <> with [])

Googling the error message mostly sends me to programmer websites.

The only thing I can think of is try re-extracting the Editor from the zip folder. And maybe reinstalling it's requirements if that doesn't work.

Make sure you're on the latest version.

Last edited:

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
By collapsible, do you mean
<Spoiler></Spoiler>? (Replace <> with [])

Googling the error message mostly sends me to programmer websites.

The only thing I can think of is try re-extracting the Editor from the zip folder. And maybe reinstalling it's requirements if that doesn't work.

Make sure you're on the latest version.
Already done so, multiple times and, nothing seems to work.

and i'm not sure it helps but this is the text file that is created after the error is run through

[TiTsEd: 0.30.3.40569]
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'TiTsEd.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Root element is missing. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Configuration.XmlUtil..ctor(Stream stream, String name, Boolean readToFirstElement, ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.ClientConfigurationSystem.OnConfigRemoved(Object sender, InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.OnConfigRemoved(InternalConfigEventArgs e)
at System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigRoot.RemoveConfigImpl(String configPath, BaseConfigurationRecord configRecord)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
at System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(String sectionName)
at System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(String sectionName, Boolean isUserScoped)
at System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext context, SettingsPropertyCollection properties)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at TiTsEd.Settings.get_Location()
at TiTsEd.MainWindow.RestoreSizeAndState()
at TiTsEd.MainWindow..ctor()
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Not TiTsEd, obviously, but this suggests navigating to the user.config in the error and deleting it. I don't know how safe that actually is.

In your case it would be in
C:\Users\ShameOnYouForShowingYourNameOnTheInternet\AppData\Local\TiTsEd\TiTsEd.exe_Url_2ittzt2kjoqv0x5ctxkrndi4dabc2jq0\0.30.3.40569\user.config
I'd move it, rather than delete at first.

GoldZodiark

Dec 6, 2015
Not TiTsEd, obviously, but this suggests navigating to the user.config in the error and deleting it. I don't know how safe that actually is.

In your case it would be in
C:\Users\ShameOnYouForShowingYourNameOnTheInternet\AppData\Local\TiTsEd\TiTsEd.exe_Url_2ittzt2kjoqv0x5ctxkrndi4dabc2jq0\0.30.3.40569\user.config
I'd move it, rather than delete at first.

i need to read those more thoroughly from now on. woops. i'll try it

Immediate update: going to the local files i deleted every file within the TiTSED folder and opened the application. its now working. thanks much.

Last edited:

Narmlet

Mar 8, 2019
It seems i have a problem withe the editor, it just sends me this:
"instruction adress "0x00007FFA8CD2D41F" asked for data in adress "0X00007FFA6B25CB4C". Requiered data in memory not placed because of error"0xc000009c"
I scaned my PC 2 times for corrupted files, but it still seems to not work. Help?

alkeiser

Jun 26, 2016
It seems i have a problem withe the editor, it just sends me this:
"instruction address "0x00007FFA8CD2D41F" asked for data in address "0X00007FFA6B25CB4C". Required data in memory not placed because of error"0xc000009c"
I scaned my PC 2 times for corrupted files, but it still seems to not work. Help?
0xc000009c generally means a bad hard disk or other hardware error