Naleen Expansion (Interest check/brainstorming)

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
That seems like a repeating cycle though: PC has to do nice things before of personality gate, gets bonus to nice personality.

Nah, the personality is dynamic anyway. I would avoid gating it to personality if you are planning on doing a personality change in the end--and the same in reverse; I would avoid using personality changes if you are going to gate the content behind personality. Choosing one over the other is probably better than doing both at the same time.

Two separate events might be worthwhile, especially if the main one has a major tone-shift reveal. If the later repeatable event's tone is spoiled due to the reason that they all wanna bang anyway, you can make the situation more playful and exaggerated than the first encounter--so Steele won't seem so out of character if choosing to pursue in the saving. So at first, it may seem like a tense situation, but later becomes a "catch me if you can" kind of thing.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
It just came to my attention that I started writing a repeatable event about male Naleen, and I'm ending up with a non-repeatable encounter where 2/3 scenes are Zil only. I'm not sure what to say honestly, apart from "oops". The second repeatable encounter will have more Naleen action, in the form of PC-Zil-Naleen threesome, but for now it feels as though I've failed to live up to the expectations of everyone who came in here expecting moar delicuz catsnaeks. My bad.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It just came to my attention that I started writing a repeatable event about male Naleen, and I'm ending up with a non-repeatable encounter where 2/3 scenes are Zil only. I'm not sure what to say honestly, apart from "oops". The second repeatable encounter will have more Naleen action, in the form of PC-Zil-Naleen threesome, but for now it feels as though I've failed to live up to the expectations of everyone who came in here expecting moar delicuz catsnaeks. My bad.

That happens to me way more than I'd care to admit. Don't sweat it; content's content.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
A reverse mating ball would be pretty awesome as well, so many drooling maidenhoods rubbing all over Steele in the center would be extremely lovely.

Ko

Oct 4, 2015
I'd like the Female Naleen to be given a name. If it's the same one each time and you cuddle with her and bond in a relationship, might as well learn her name. I feel like a monster doing all that and just walking away without so much as a "Hey, what do I call you?"

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
I'd like the Female Naleen to be given a name. If it's the same one each time and you cuddle with her and bond in a relationship, might as well learn her name. I feel like a monster doing all that and just walking away without so much as a "Hey, what do I call you?"

The Female is all Savin's character, if you want more content for her you'll have to wait on him because if I'm correct he's not too fond of other people messing with his characters.

Isn't that right @Savin?

I know that he wants to add on to her cause I've asked him, but what I think is holding him back so far is that he has other important content to create.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarebear

Oct 16, 2015
Besides the male Naleen is the one that really needs more content.

Pleeeeease. I need this!

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
The Female is all Savin's character, if you want more content for her you'll have to wait on him because if I'm correct he's not too fond of other people messing with his characters.

Isn't that right @Savin?

I know that he wants to add on to her cause I've asked him, but what I think is holding him back so far is that he has other important content to create.

I may or may not ever get around to expanding Fem Catsnek, but fuck knows what that expansion might look like. I'm totally fine with more individual sex scenes being written for her in the meantime.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Isn't that right @Savin?

Only if I'm actively planning on expanding them myself.

She's had a name this whole time; it's been at the top of her content doc. Just doesn't appear in her content, like Hel's name didn't in her base content. 

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
A reverse mating ball would be pretty awesome as well, so many drooling maidenhoods rubbing all over Steele in the center would be extremely lovely.
I really regret not just straight up writing the mating ball to be honest >< I thought that the male Naleen thing would be a small encounter to grind up some writing experience, but it's turning into a pretty big set of two encounters with I think 7? distinct scenes, which I do intend to finish before I start anything else.

Besides the male Naleen is the one that really needs more content.

Pleeeeease. I need this!
I'm sorry for the diversion >< Working on it.

Only if I'm actively planning on expanding them myself.

She's had a name this whole time; it's been at the top of her content doc. Just doesn't appear in her content, like Hel's name didn't in her base content. 

Huh. I never noticed. Cool. If I did end up writing an expansion for the female Naleen, what degree of stuff can I put in? Or is it pretty much "do whatever you want but at the end of the day I'll review it -evil laugh-"? I guess things like scenes which just add some "arguably canon" flavor would be perfectly fine, but what about things like maybe a visitable cave home, her having reduced combat encounters (i.e. Hel recruitment path but no Naleen recruitment), long bouts of sex contests where you eventually get recognized as the god king of dune Mhen'ga, etc

Wanted to do a quick poll as well, opinions on the Naleen male being secretly M? Most of his current loss scenes hint at it, to my interpretation, but I could be projecting my own view on it. I kinda get this feel that the male Naleen is younger and more inexperienced than the female Naleen?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Huh. I never noticed. Cool. If I did end up writing an expansion for the female Naleen, what degree of stuff can I put in? Or is it pretty much "do whatever you want but at the end of the day I'll review it -evil laugh-"? I guess things like scenes which just add some "arguably canon" flavor would be perfectly fine, but what about things like maybe a visitable cave home, her having reduced combat encounters (i.e. Hel recruitment path but no Naleen recruitment), long bouts of sex contests where you eventually get recognized as the god king of dune Mhen'ga, etc
Anything that changes her established character, or the how and where you encounter her, would probably best be avoided. ie, anything that changes her status quo. Things like new ways for her to diddle your butt/suck your dick etc., giant mating balls, threesome with male catsnek, etc. would be fine.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Anything that changes her established character, or the how and where you encounter her, would probably best be avoided. ie, anything that changes her status quo. Things like new ways for her to diddle your butt/suck your dick etc., giant mating balls, threesome with male catsnek, etc. would be fine.

Gotcha, would extra encounters like the one I'm writing for the male Naleen be counted as "how and where you encounter her"? In that, the interactions don't follow the current combat encounter, but are separate events altogether, but which don't remove the other encounter (apart from technically lowering the encounter rate due to a higher selection of encounters). For example "Non combat encounter: PC meets female Naleen on the way to a giant maating ball, gets offered to join in".

Also, I had previously assumed that you were the author of the male Naleen, and that thus the author was fine with what I was trying to do, but after checking the wiki for some lore/details, I discovered that it wasn't you. Oops. Wiki lists 3 people ( QuietBrowser, LukaDoc, Hawke56) as the creators though, do you know which of the them (or all) I should be consulting about this?

Those are awesome sex scene ideas!

Mating ball definitely has priority once this Naleen-Zil encounter gets done.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Gotcha, would extra encounters like the one I'm writing for the male Naleen be counted as "how and where you encounter her"? In that, the interactions don't follow the current combat encounter, but are separate events altogether, but which don't remove the other encounter (apart from technically lowering the encounter rate due to a higher selection of encounters). For example "Non combat encounter: PC meets female Naleen on the way to a giant maating ball, gets offered to join in".

I think Savin means just not to do anything that removes existing content: i.e. don't make her a follower and thus eliminate her random encounter from the pool.  Adding a new random event is fine.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Just keep my idea in mind if you ever get to the male mating ball. There aren't a lot [if any] female-only-group on Steele scenes and I'd really enjoy reading about my avatar getting drenched by a water pistol firing squad.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I think Savin means just not to do anything that removes existing content: i.e. don't make her a follower and thus eliminate her random encounter from the pool.  Adding a new random event is fine.

+1. 

Also, I had previously assumed that you were the author of the male Naleen, and that thus the author was fine with what I was trying to do, but after checking the wiki for some lore/details, I discovered that it wasn't you. Oops. Wiki lists 3 people ( QuietBrowser, LukaDoc, Hawke56) as the creators though, do you know which of the them (or all) I should be consulting about this?

Sounds fine.

QB and LD probably. Though they've long since left the TiTS writer pool, they're still around on the FoE side. Give 'em a PM through the forum. I honestly have no idea who Hawke56 is.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Just keep my idea in mind if you ever get to the male mating ball. There aren't a lot [if any] female-only-group on Steele scenes and I'd really enjoy reading about my avatar getting drenched by a water pistol firing squad.

I can't think of any feasible justification for how this could happen in game at the moment, short of you beating every other male Naleen and establishing yourself as the super alpha male. And that's not a thing that would be possible I think, as per current discussion about what kind of stuff I can write in respect to author wishes. Maybe the female Naleen can invite you to one because of some other reason?

If you have any ideas on that let me know, I would like to write it as well, but as it stands a all-gender mating ball would be most canon. A 1 female/rest male mating ball would in fact be biologically accurate, but 1 male/rest female or all female mating balls don't occur in nature (to my knowledge). Again, if you have any ideas on how to develop it please let me know, if I think of one I'll post it here as well. It's an idea that I would definitely want to develop.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

QB and LD probably. Though they've long since left the TiTS writer pool, they're still around on the FoE side. Give 'em a PM through the forum. I honestly have no idea who Hawke56 is.

Thanks for the assist, I'll drop them a PM and see what their thoughts are about it.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Well, it was sort of that the one-female-lots-of-males mating balls are common in nature and a common trope in developing sci-fi stuff is "like Earth but opposite" so a multi-female-on-Steele ball would make sense at least in concept on that thought. 

Your idea of being the Ultra-Male could also be used, maybe have a gate of being a certain level or some other trigger to make it so you get a rare scene where you're swarmed from all sides by female Naleen that want your seed. Possibly if you're female it could be said that the legends they've heard didn't specify sex and they assumed you male but now that they're this far they're too lust drunk to stop?

With myself playing a trappy character I don't want to just justify malexmulti-females to make it seem like I'm just advocating for myself, there could be some folks out there that want a big lesbian snake pile too. But truthfully I'd take a strictly male-on-girl-pile if it could get done that way. 

Ko

Oct 4, 2015
@Savin 

wiki.smutosaur.us/naleen_female

Here's what I mean. On her "wiki" page there was no name and it's never said in the game. I didn't mean any harm, just that I'd like to know what to call her other than her race and gender.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
On her "wiki" page there was no name and it's never said in the game. I didn't mean any harm, just that I'd like to know what to call her other than her race and gender.

I'm aware. Like I said, it's in her original document, but intentionally never said in-game. Maybe if she ever gets a full on xpak~

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
Alright, I've gotten the go ahead from both LD and QB, so work shall resume with the assurance that all the authors are pretty fine with what I'm doing~ Hooray for respecting intellectual write rights.

Edit: I actually won't be able to do much work on this for the next week or so, I have stuff coming up that'll eat most of my time. Don't worry, if I do decide to stop working on it, I'll post here and announce it. Will update again once I'm back to writing, should be by 15th of December or so.

Torakazu

Dec 9, 2015
I see so much Naleen love here... it's making me want to pick up my accursed smut pen and begin writing. Not many things make me want to do that.

One thing that strikes my mind is that they are supposed to be the top pred, but I can beat them faster than the flying squid chicks. Maybe give them a sliding level and strength based on the number of capsules found in the story so revisit encounters stay relevant.  Perhaps that could also increase the scenes the PC has access to.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
I see so much Naleen love here... it's making me want to pick up my accursed smut pen and begin writing. Not many things make me want to do that.

One thing that strikes my mind is that they are supposed to be the top pred, but I can beat them faster than the flying squid chicks. Maybe give them a sliding level and strength based on the number of capsules found in the story so revisit encounters stay relevant.  Perhaps that could also increase the scenes the PC has access to.

There is a Vanae combat dialogue if PC is a Naleen which basically implies that Vanae hunt Naleen very easily. Not sure what the justification behind that is apart from "JimT made Vanae op", but eh. Ask me how I know there's dialogue if PC is Naleen! I highly doubt that scaling encounters are gonna be a thing though, doesn't make sense either. You level up and get access to new equipment and skills from conveniently higher tech planets, while the Naleen... flop around and have orgies I guess.

In unrelated news, stuff was handled more easily than expected, and I'm back to writing consistentlyish. Expect more stuff soon, I'm aiming to get the first scene 100% done before the weekend ends.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
There is a Vanae combat dialogue if PC is a Naleen which basically implies that Vanae hunt Naleen very easily. Not sure what the justification behind that is apart from "JimT made Vanae op", but eh. Ask me how I know there's dialogue if PC is Naleen! I highly doubt that scaling encounters are gonna be a thing though, doesn't make sense either. You level up and get access to new equipment and skills from conveniently higher tech planets, while the Naleen... flop around and have orgies I guess.

In unrelated news, stuff was handled more easily than expected, and I'm back to writing consistentlyish. Expect more stuff soon, I'm aiming to get the first scene 100% done before the weekend ends.

First of all, yay! and thank you.

Secondly, IIRC, while Naleen are stated to be the apex predators, Vanae are apex breeders. Vanae Ending Scenes display that canon-wise they probably hunt in groups and ambush cat-snake people bombarding them with aphrodisiac. Their Codex entry says something similar. Plus you can argue that both Naleens are just toying with you, not super interested in actually beating you up, and so they don't bring their A game.

It'd make more sense to have Vanae encounters as higher level ones due to them being a fight against several tree-squids at once, but that's probably too much work.

KZAR-92

Nov 1, 2015
If I remember reading somewhere right then the Vanae aren't naturally from the planet. So that could be why they are able to hunt the Naleen so easily. The Naleen may have simply never evolved and/or adapted themselves to hunt or defend against the Vanae.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Or it could be that the Naleen are pretty weak to teasing and the Vanae are rather sexualized even for a fap-game. 

KZAR-92

Nov 1, 2015
My earlier comment is what you get when someone sits and watches episodes of River Monsters on tv with some episodes talking about invasive species wrecking havoc on the ecosystem of an area and that person trying to use that concept for describing the Vanae's impact on M'henga. Sorry about that.

LightningRose

Nov 27, 2015
I'm kinda stuck on some parts. Any advice on how to make the Zil explain near the end of the encounter that the Naleen was just playing with her and "rape" isn't a serious problem? All the stuff I've thought of sounds way too much like forced exposition.

Also, anyone can come up with a synonym for "penis" that is also a synonym for "stinger"?

(I'm blatantly not mentioning that I set a deadline of last weekend, blatantly not mentioning it. Nope)