Whats up with Queensguard?

Klaital

Oct 22, 2015
So I have done the fight now with few characters, and it seems that even with maxed aim and the biggest gun I can find (salamander rifle), my character does exactly 1 damage per hit on the queensguard, whereas against average opponent it does like 60+ damage, and according to wiki the queensguard should only have 25% reduction against burning damage, and I think 11 armor. Umm... so how does that equation reduce 60+ damage to 1? The only thing I have managed to do more than 1 damage per hit on it was the Grenades from the smuggler perk, and that wasn't anywhere near high enough either to get it down before running out of energy... so I am wondering is it intentional that only way to defeat it is to release Dane (who then proceeds to auto beat it without any combat rolls needed), or am I missing something here? Hopefully some of the guys smarter about how the combat mechanics work than me can help to explain?

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
The easiest way to beat Queensguard is to use tease on him, doesn't take much effort at all that way. 

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
You forgot to account for her armour, which has the Ablative and Mirrored tags. The former reduces damage from Bullets (slightly) and Penetrating (a bit more) damage, while the latter makes her pretty much immune to Lasers.

If not going for lust damage (which is the easiest way), Crushing damage is your best bet, though Tanis' Bow with (unspecified) Kinetic and Corrosive damage isn't a bad bet either. If using energy weapons, lasers basically don't work, but her resistance to Electric and Burning is the same as her resistance for Kinetic at 25%, so not insurmountable.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. Pretty sure drilling that home was the entire purpose of the tutorial fight against Celise. Phys/Gun/Lust; pick one. If it doesn't work, pick a different one.

Ravelordnito

Sep 17, 2015
So I have done the fight now with few characters, and it seems that even with maxed aim and the biggest gun I can find (salamander rifle), my character does exactly 1 damage per hit on the queensguard, whereas against average opponent it does like 60+ damage, and according to wiki the queensguard should only have 25% reduction against burning damage, and I think 11 armor. Umm... so how does that equation reduce 60+ damage to 1? The only thing I have managed to do more than 1 damage per hit on it was the Grenades from the smuggler perk, and that wasn't anywhere near high enough either to get it down before running out of energy... so I am wondering is it intentional that only way to defeat it is to release Dane (who then proceeds to auto beat it without any combat rolls needed), or am I missing something here? Hopefully some of the guys smarter about how the combat mechanics work than me can help to explain?

Queensguard has 90% resistance to laser weapons, pretty much anything BUT the salamander rifle is super effective. 

When a monster takes little to no damage from something thats a sign that you should try your other options (tease attacks or get a phys gun or a melee weapon), the tutorial teaches you this.

Last edited by a moderator: