Were is the Evil options?

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
One thing you should know about me is that I LOVE being evil in my games. Coc is no exception and one of my favorite things in the first game was that you had so many options to just fuck people over just for the pure sake of it. I want to do the same in this game but it seems like were being pigeonholed to be good or good-ish. You cant even play the game without trying to rescure cat bitch like a stereotypical hero. So I ask you were is the evil?

Last edited:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
When people actually write it.

This means you, too.
For those curious writers out there... what is the limit to the evils perpetrated by the pc one can push in writing for CoC2?

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
For those curious writers out there... what is the limit to the evils perpetrated by the pc one can push in writing for CoC2?

I'll tell you what no other feeling comes close to grinding your victims into the dirt, and decimating them completely ya know? To make them grovel, and kneel, and then shit on thier hopes and dreams. Fuck them until they bleed and then flip them over and fuck them some more. The first game gave me that all in one nice package so I expect the same from this game and more since its a sequal. You either go big or go home when doing a sequal no exceptions!

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Yeah, this thread has just had negative results from the OP's intentions if anything.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I'll tell you what no other feeling comes close to grinding your victims into the dirt, and decimating them completely ya know? To make them grovel, and kneel, and then shit on thier hopes and dreams. Fuck them until they bleed and then flip them over and fuck them some more.
Looking at CoC1, the most "evil" things include corrupting "good" characters; Amily, Jojo and Whitney are the biggest examples.

"Evil" actions should involve twisting something beyond what it was originally, being the devil whispering in their ear, so to speak. Its the subtle hand in the dark caressing their cheek while changing their perspective. What you're suggesting is brutish, without style or flair.

Its not evil, thats psychopathy.

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
Looking at CoC1, the most "evil" things include corrupting "good" characters; Amily, Jojo and Whitney are the biggest examples.

"Evil" actions should involve twisting something beyond what it was originally, being the devil whispering in their ear, so to speak. Its the subtle hand in the dark caressing their cheek while changing their perspective. What you're suggesting is brutish, without style or flair.

I admit I was being a but hyperbolic but you could do some psychopathic shit in the first game. You beat the shit out of the gargoyle and abuse her and be abusive to Kathrine, and force Phylla to get into an orgy with her own children. You can burn down Owca village, you can force bimbofication on people, and last but not least commit genocide on Shelias entire clan by corrupting her into a demon and she does the same to her clan and eats thier souls. Ya know classic pranks. Probably other stuff I forgot since its been so long since I last played.

TheRealGoodra

Jul 6, 2018
I admit I was being a but hyperbolic but you could do some psychopathic shit in the first game. You beat the shit out of the gargoyle and abuse her and be abusive to Kathrine, and force Phylla to get into an orgy with her own children. You can burn down Owca village, you can force bimbofication on people, and last but not least commit genocide on Shelias entire clan by corrupting her into a demon and she does the same to her clan and eats thier souls. Ya know classic pranks. Probably other stuff I forgot since its been so long since I last played.

I learned like a week ago you could burn down Owca village. So glad that option exists, friggin' sheep teases.

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
I learned like a week ago you could burn down Owca village. So glad that option exists, friggin' sheep teases.

Eh only did that once but stuff about fucking my enemies came from a youtube video I watched called greatest anime dub ever. Just me thinking you people wpild get the reference but I guess not.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Whitney is, in the end, the most wholesome corruption, wobbling on the verge of loving even. It's really fun to do, even if the road to get to that stage is a bit of a pain in the ass...worth it though.

Honestly, the only part I don't much enjoy when playing a purposefully corrupted character is the fact that they're seemingly incapable of covering their malicious intent with intentionally gentle and caring words, instead becoming pretty obvious, dismissive and/or outright rude.

That's not how the Palpatine works! That's not how the Palpatine works at all!

Reactions: Darkwarpalg6
Apr 2, 2018

I agree, I don't think corrupted/evil things should be flat out chaotic evil deeds. So I hope CoC2 will allow (In reference to typical player alignment charts) chaotic or evil but not necessarily both at the same time to be considered corrupted deeds.

Bucklash Joe

Mar 12, 2019
I agree, I don't think corrupted/evil things should be flat out chaotic evil deeds. So I hope CoC2 will allow (In reference to typical player alignment charts) chaotic or evil but not necessarily both at the same time to be considered corrupted deeds.

Chaotic evil is how I played my champion and I loved it! But I agree we need more shades of evil. Like how I play my Steele as a more lawful evil type. I'll take anything over a bland do gooder any day.

Apr 2, 2018
Chaotic evil is how I played my champion and I loved it! But I agree we need more shades of evil. Like how I play my Steele as a more lawful evil type. I'll take anything over a bland do gooder any day.

Well I think murderhobo is kind of bland too but I'm not opposed to people playing like that as long as there are choices for a wide spectrum of alignments.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
I kinda wish the old CoC had had more opportunities to recruit obviously evil characters, not just Vapula and Ceraph. There's so much fun to be had with signing up with a bunch of lesser evils you can control to take down a greater evil, not just for the moral dilemma of a generally good character, but also for the enjoyment of an evil character getting to build up their own personal crew of schemers and muscle alike.

I'm legit sad the Bazaar didn't have anything remotely recruitable or truly romanceable like Tel'Adre did. Maybe that's why I adore the PC and Vapula, when teasing Jojo, being described as an unholy couple (especially since I consider my corrupt Champion and Vapula to be genuinely into one another). Making out like bandits, as it were!

A little offtopic though, @shellfishgummy : what's your profile icon from? I'm curious, would you mind telling me?

Reactions: JK Drack

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
This are just my thoughts, so don't assign too much weight to them, but at this stage one of the most likely evil actions to me seem to be when the Champion of Hawkethorne finds Cait's sister, Calla, they will have a choice between saving her or leaving her to whatever fate awaits her. Chances are, choosing not to save Calla will lose you Cait.

To be honest, the game is at such an early stage that it is difficult to guess what kind of quests we'll get, let alone how we can affect them. Right now, Savin and co are getting the framework together to build on, so while it might be fun to debate how evil can be fun, its something of a pointless endeavour now, because we really don't have that much to go on.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
You should probably curb your expectations somewhat. I don't get the impression that the main writers for the sequel like to indulge in the random acts of carnage that CoC allowed in some instances (such as burning down the sheep village). The design document gives off the impression that those types of submissions are discouraged and, as you noticed, the game's own intro does inflexibly require the champion to be at least heroically inclined.

Not to say there won't be any wickedness but that's not likely to be the form it'll take.

Reactions: Libelous

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Personally, I can't be happy until CoC2 lets me commit unity on a continental scale, like my idol, Genghis-Chan. The Pax Hawkethornia shall last forever.

Apr 2, 2018
I kinda wish the old CoC had had more opportunities to recruit obviously evil characters, not just Vapula and Ceraph. There's so much fun to be had with signing up with a bunch of lesser evils you can control to take down a greater evil, not just for the moral dilemma of a generally good character, but also for the enjoyment of an evil character getting to build up their own personal crew of schemers and muscle alike.

I'm legit sad the Bazaar didn't have anything remotely recruitable or truly romanceable like Tel'Adre did. Maybe that's why I adore the PC and Vapula, when teasing Jojo, being described as an unholy couple (especially since I consider my corrupt Champion and Vapula to be genuinely into one another). Making out like bandits, as it were!

A little offtopic though, @shellfishgummy : what's your profile icon from? I'm curious, would you mind telling me?
I agree, I really enjoyed the Bazaar because it was a corrupted and degenerate place but not purely a "how evil are ya" community.

Reactions: Kesil

Arken

Aug 5, 2019
So if a writer were to take on scenes in CoC II for corrupted runs, which would you like to see first?

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Hi.

Is there a better way I should ask for how I should write story content?

Read up on guidelines, look at other people’s submissions for reference, start your own google doc to get the ball rolling. ;)