What to dooooo?! (Kara and Shade)

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I'm not sure on how to follow up on the quest when you arrive on Myrellion (even though I already did it so many times...). I'm not a fan of Kara (what with her backstory and all), but my character has no idea about it, so there is really no reason to betray her, plus, they're both smugglers, so there's even less of a reason to betray her it seems...

I was going to go for the option where Shade discovers she's my PC's sister and goes to Uveto, so you don't fight her in KQ2, but I also don't know about fighting Amara either, I mean, if there's going to be eventually a way to interact with her aside from Kara's quest then I wouldn't want to be on her bad side... plus she is Kaede's mother... I just don't knoooow. Should I just do a backup and do whatever?

Basically what I should do is help Kara (cause storywise for my character it makes sense although I think I could think of something to make her choose a different course of action), and let Shade go to Uveto and avoiding fighting her before fighting Amara. But then, I remember Couch saying that there could be consequences to hiding it from Shade (what if Savin decides to do something about that? like if an interaction with Amara comes...). I'm going around in circles...

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
What I do, if it's not patched out, is

Romance Shade
Do KaraQuest2
She doesn't fight me
I beat up Amara
She gets upset
Sister reveal before she can go to Uveto
Too distracted to be upset about Amara

It's not foolproof because I don't know where I should take it from there, since there are no more interactions with Kara, Shade, or Amara about that. I would like to see Kaede mention that her mom got hospitalized though.

Reactions: Violyn

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Interesting, Hadn't thought about it that way. Even if it's not fullproof, there's nothing to be done about anything else anyway, that might just end up being the way to go for my character actually, cause I want her to help Kara, even if I don't like it.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I always:

Romance Shade.
Retrieve the probe, reveal she's your sister.
KaraQuest 2, punk out Amara. DON'T BLOW UP MYRELLION.
Visit Shade. Depending on the character, stay lovers or try to be siblings.

As much as I love Kaede and Astra, momma is a slaver so she's getting a hurting.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
I can see that happening instantly for some of my kind characters, but for this one it ends up being a bit more complicated, because she is mostly on the fence about slavery. She feminized Del and was actually relatively friendly to Carver on Tarkus. Plus Sera is her slave. She is good to Sera though, allowed her to open up shop and everything. So I'm not sure yet if she thinks too badly of Amara for being a slaver. She certainly isn't a fan of the Void Pirates, since they blinded Paige. My PC isn't a goody two shoes, but she isn't heartless. For example, the only reason she took Sera as a slave was to toy with her because of how she treated Saendra when they went to Chrysalis to get a dick mod, but when hearing the story of her life, she allowed Sera some respite and loaned her money to open up shop.

Actually Del and Sera are people I think about a lot too before taking a decision on what to do. Cause the scenes and what you can do to/with them is really fun, but being okay with slavery doesn't match the characters I usually build.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
As much as I love Kaede and Astra, momma is a slaver so she's getting a hurting.

They'd probably agree if they knew, so it's fine.

I mean, as long as you don't kill her. But you can totally throw her off a roof so she breaks her legs :p

Reactions: Violyn

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Now I've got the image in my head of giving those two another sibling, unlikely as it is.

As if the Faell and Steele family trees aren't tangled enough. Kaede half-sister Astra is the niece of PC Steele and if Steele knocked up Amara, Kaede would have a new half-sister but Astra's relationship to the new baby would be sister/cousin. Not to mention the fact that Kaede would have to deal with the fact that Steele banged her mom and her half-sister's sire and maybe her(Astra's) mom too who is Steele's sister.

That's so redneck worthy material right there.

Last edited:

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Victor made sure nobody will ever see the full family-tree -forrest. Really, We all know the shade-twist, but I am just surprised that non of the probes is found by a familymember who got no idea about it.

We find one or two probes allready opened once, and at the next, we meet somee adventurer who says, "This is about the steele heirloom? I tougth it is just the most interesting astrocaching game I have ever played... Wait, I am releated to Victor Steele?"