Bess vs Gianna?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
So would be in limbo till anything move on sim ship part. Sera thou not sure what happened to her been left in dust now. Hmm so Sera was Fen creation that None wrote some exp stuff or was she all way along his thing?

Fen wrote Sera's current content.  Fen gave None permission to expand her.  None wrote it and Fen, for whatever reason, got freaked out.  Apparently it was incompatible with his own plans for the character or something of the sort.  The expansion thus now sits in limbo.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
So would be in limbo till anything move on sim ship part. Sera thou not sure what happened to her been left in dust now. Hmm so Sera was Fen creation that None wrote some exp stuff or was she all way along his thing?

Sera was Fen's creation. Nonesuch asked if he could write stuff for her. Fenoxo said ok. Nonesuch wrote some stuff for her, even taking commissions to that effect. Fenoxo looked at the stuff, decided he didn't like what Nonesuch did with Sera's backstory, and has just let it sit around.

Fen wrote Sera's current content.  Fen gave None permission to expand her.  None wrote it and Fen, for whatever reason, got freaked out.  Apparently it was incompatible with his own plans for the character or something of the sort.  The expansion thus now sits in limbo.

Frankly, if Fenoxo had plans for the character, he never should have given Nonesuch permission to write a bunch of stuff for her. Since he did give Nonesuch permission for that, he should honor that.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
That is a little disheartening to know that, in spite of work put into new or expanded content, whether it gets added ultimately depends on whether Fen likes it.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ohh ok that all makes sens now ^^ Then again I think that exist two path for Sera exp - one where she is doomy and boss around PC and other one where PC is the dommy one and beat her into submission in hidden from prying eyes of world cofins of PC ship. So I assume good that both of those paths ends up not been liked by Fen even slight?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I've noted before that we really ought to have a coder whose job is just to handle user submissions and nothing else, leaving Fen and Gedan free to focus on the big-picture projects like the main story.  Jacques seems to have been stepping up into that role of late.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Ohh ok that all makes sens now ^^ Then again I think that exist two path for Sera exp - one where she is doomy and boss around PC and other one where PC is the dommy one and beat her into submission in hidden from prying eyes of world cofins of PC ship. So I assume good that both of those paths ends up not been liked by Fen even slight?

Nonesuch is very much pushing for Sera being a dom for the PC being put in before the Sera being a sub for the PC path gets put in.

Honestly, I don't even know if the Sera-sub path has even been submitted to Fenoxo or how he feels about it, though that's the path I would most like to see being put in, personally.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
That goes for literally any and every piece of content, though.

True as that is, it can be frustrating. Particularly when someone's been given permission to do something, then it effectively gets thrown out (there's not a lot of difference between actually throwing it out and just leaving it to rot forever) due to Fenoxo having undeclared standards or wishes that he did not share up front.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Honestly, I don't even know if the Sera-sub path has even been submitted to Fenoxo or how he feels about it, though that's the path I would most like to see being put in, personally.

I presume it hasn't been submitted since most of it hasn't been even written (and won't unless the first expansion makes it in). The sub path builds on the same expanded backstory for Sera as the finished expansion, after all.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I presume it hasn't been submitted since most of it hasn't been even written (and won't unless the first expansion makes it in). The sub path builds on the same expanded backstory for Sera as the finished expansion, after all.

So either sub or dom path none of it can make it ingame due to been based on expanded background that Fen not approving (was it maybe due to putting Xenogen CEO there? xD )

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
I doubt it's just Jarvis; that would be easy enough to change, not to mention that the party itself is just (delicious) garnish, not the meat of the submission.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015

It's pretty much all been written. I commissioned finishing it, after all. Certainly enough to get in.

It doesn't really rely much on her backstory other than "she owes money to slavers".

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
It's pretty much all been written. I commissioned finishing it, after all. Certainly enough to get in.

It doesn't really rely much on her backstory other than "she owes money to slavers".

Hum thinking about it that path is indeed way simpler than dommy Sera. First you meet those two from SA (after Beth changes it would req just find new place for them to settle), then we buy Sera off (and eventualy pay some extra for extra "customizing" our new inadventure servant), then we just breaking her till her sub score hit 100 along with scenes that can we unlock after each treshold of breaking is reached. Did I miss any more important steps needed to be meantioned on this path StarcraftJunkie?

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
Hum thinking about it that path is indeed way simpler than dommy Sera. First you meet those two from SA (after Beth changes it would req just find new place for them to settle), then we buy Sera off (and eventualy pay some extra for extra "customizing" our new inadventure servant), then we just breaking her till her sub score hit 100 along with scenes that can we unlock after each treshold of breaking is reached. Did I miss any more important steps needed to be meantioned on this path StarcraftJunkie?

Nonesuch said at the time that he would rewrite SA to not be based out of Beth's for free if commandeering Beth's became untenable (which it clearly has), and since he hasn't done that, I'm pretty sure he hasn't submitted it.

And nah, that's pretty much it.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
The enslaving Sera part has a lot of content written for it, but isn't ready to put forward for submission yet. Needs a lot of polish and logic hole-filling, as well as one or two other things.

The first part of Sera being the PC's dom is finished and has been in limbo for a year and a half now. In fact, noobsaleh coded it and stuck it in a pull request, which I know both Fen and Gedan have looked at (in 2014 lol). Really cannot swear to how tight a job he did - Gedan often says he prefers it if others don't try and code stuff because they often wire things up differently from him and it's a headache to sort out. However I imagine the heavy lifting is essentially done. Fen has also said he will put it in eventually, which I intend to hold him to.

I want to be fair to Fen here - all I asked was whether I could do stuff with Sera, to which he said yes. I imagine what he thought I'd do was one or two extra sex scenes, not a full expansion which filled out her background details. So it was an issue of lack of communication, which I've tried not to repeat. This gets dredged up a lot and I'm not going to start getting angry about it or campaigning against Fen here.

Ah, my bad then. Nonesuch's project doc only lists an unfinished version.

In a separate doc so SJ could look at it first and ok it. Hardly much point to merging it right now.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
The stuff I coded was literally just basic click button -> get scene, and I copied the "style" of coding that was found in the rest of Sera's doc, so I don't think I did too bad of a job (I did bug test myself as well). Also, that pull request wasn't even the entirety of Sera's expansion. I was hoping to do enough to show enough to Gedan or Fen, after which they'd tell me to either finish it or that it was terrible (in which case it wouldn't have been so much coding that I'd cri).

I'm not even salty, I just want more Sera content, I don't even mind who writes it as long as it's good.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
I did enjoy the Sera enslavement doc and look forward to it being finished whenever there's time. Not sure what logic holes needed to be filled in but it's been a bit since I read it so I might have missed or forgotten it.

As for Bess and Gianna, I like them both as their own separate characters and the most I can see them interacting without the Pink Speakers exploding would be for the PC to hear them both talking about how pivotal the PC was in supporting them/encouraging their desires to become more than they were expected to be. 

In terms of design, Gianna seems moire stable in the start, a companion droid from beginning to end and her growth was an extension of that to an extent. Bess' origin reminds me of the Geth/Cylons, not in any way a derogatory comparison, but that her model quickly went beyond what it was meant to and for those who mistreated their droids...badness happened. The PC finding her and helping her literally find herself and give her the tools to define herself shows that as much as the instability of her model was a potential danger, it wasn't a total or complete one. Treating her well returned infinite waifu...ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I did enjoy the Sera enslavement doc and look forward to it being finished whenever there's time. Not sure what logic holes needed to be filled in but it's been a bit since I read it so I might have missed or forgotten it.

As for Bess and Gianna, I like them both as their own separate characters and the most I can see them interacting without the Pink Speakers exploding would be for the PC to hear them both talking about how pivotal the PC was in supporting them/encouraging their desires to become more than they were expected to be. 

In terms of design, Gianna seems moire stable in the start, a companion droid from beginning to end and her growth was an extension of that to an extent. Bess' origin reminds me of the Quarians/Cylons, not in any way a derogatory comparison, but that her model quickly went beyond what it was meant to and for those who mistreated their droids...badness happened. 

Quick fix, sure you know, but Geth. Quarians were creators. Unless Cylons is the misused item.

argenten

Sep 9, 2015
Quick fix, sure you know, but Geth. Quarians were creators. Unless Cylons is the misused item.

Thanks, that's what I meant, but I was also trying to compare the way the Quarians reacted to the emerging Geth and the way the Bess-13 models that were abused went rogue.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I think JimT based Bess/Ben development partly on Aegis from Persona 3, although he would need to verify that.