Can't play .swf file on Chrome

Sir Scotch

May 31, 2017
Google must have automatically downloaded an update because earlier today I could drag and drop TiTS just fine, but now it starts to automatically download. This is normally something I would put on Google's forums (I use Chrome), but apparently this has been an issue since November of last year and Google apparently decided not to fix it. I can still play on browser but I have no saves there. What are my options?

Sir Scotch

May 31, 2017
I figured something out but it runs the risk of malware, guess we shall see which is more important: waifus or my bank account info.

K

Krynh

To enable Flash for all websites, open your Chrome browser and type chrome://settings/content in the address bar, then press enter . Then on the Content Settings page, scroll down to Flash and select the button next to 'Allow sites to run Flash' .

See if that works for you.

flash193

May 21, 2017
I had the same problem, i can still play it using the play in browser option though i had some problems with my saves, but that is all fixed now.

Lylwick

Jul 17, 2016
Getting this same issue, 'Allow sites to run Flash' is not available. There is an on toggle (ask first) and an off toggle (block sites from running Flash). Issue happens regardless of which way it is ticked.

Sir Scotch

May 31, 2017
Tried checking settings, it matchs what Lylwick says. Tried downloading Firefox to see if that would work, but I just get a blank screen. I will just need to play through browser for now. Glad I had the foresight to download some of my saves to a thumbdrive, though I still ended up losing a lot of progress for one character and all progress for three others.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Tried checking settings, it matchs what Lylwick says. Tried downloading Firefox to see if that would work, but I just get a blank screen. I will just need to play through browser for now. Glad I had the foresight to download some of my saves to a thumbdrive, though I still ended up losing a lot of progress for one character and all progress for three others.

Try the stand alone projector?

It's the Flash Player Projector one.

aeterna85

Apr 19, 2016
Well, I finally got the air version to work, but it couldn't open any of my chrome save files. I did find a work around though.

The save editor program on this site, in the forums, can open your old chrome save files and export it as a file. I had trouble at first because the default save setting of a .sol file wouldn't work at all when I loaded it. So, I clicked export file and then changed the 'slot' format .sol to 'save to file' format. Now, it won't show the file in the folder when you try to load file, but in my case the file was named 1 for slot 1, so I typed that in and clicked the pop up for it, then the open button.

Bazinga, I got my save file back, and I can get the rest back too now, if I want. I thought I'd share, in case someone else shared my frustration with this chrome situation.

flash193

May 21, 2017
all your save files should be local and you should be able to copy them once you find out where they are located.
If you want i can search for where mine where located. I used TitsEd to locate it, it might help you.

Ch0w

Apr 12, 2017
I figured something out but it runs the risk of malware, guess we shall see which is more important: waifus or my bank account info.
wait what?

you can and could instead of turning the option to allow it to everything everywhere, to just select it to allow only the game.

that's what i do when playing on Chrome, but i usually just run it on Edge( Newer Microsoft Internet Explorer)

Also, you wont get your data stolen if you dont keep or just stop entering in not safe webplaces and sites, or into weird online stores that have no background to prove it.

Sir Scotch

May 31, 2017
Chrome updated itself and no longer seems to have the workaround. They really don't like Flash do they?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Chrome updated itself and no longer seems to have the workaround. They really don't like Flash do they?
It's been their plan for a long time, not just google. "Security risks" they claim. Sadly, it is what it is, systems come and go. Download Adobe Air and use that version, very useful with save importer so no need to fear losing progress.

Reactions: flash193

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
TiTs is the only thing I play that uses flash. If it wasn't for TiTs all my VMs would not have flash standalone player baked into the image.

Reactions: flash193