Extrameet repeat?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
So, are all the Extrameet instances only one offs? Or are there some that can be done over and over?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Also, can somebody give me a full list of possible hookups? My goal is to get through all of them by the end of the week.

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
Why no dates offered when someone else swipes you right? (or is it left)
Ie you load up app and there are date requests waiting... or maybe a blind date app... random set up...for highly rated users... A user rating for after the date so that others can see how you rated. maybe a humorous comment or critique ... "Not much of a conversationalist, but pounded the bottom out of under me. Would date again...after I recover." 4 stars of 5

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hey, your right! But then again, that brings up another problem... consistency. It's like our earlier dates got erased from existence, even the stains on the bedsheets.

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Correct. That is how the current dates were written. No permanency. They reset like they never happened. Perhaps future ones will have second dates, but that is up to the writer

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Correct. That is how the current dates were written. No permanency. They reset like they never happened. Perhaps future ones will have second dates, but that is up to the writer
Sigh. And thats what I'm afraid of. All these awesome characters, with so much potential, all getting just one seen and never touched on nor expanded again. Like that Naleen guy on mhenga! That was awesome! But chances are, we'll never see any more of him. Its sad, man. Such a waste.

MosAnted

Aug 11, 2018
I guess technically anyone could expand on any of the existing Extrameet dates, just need to write them and getting them approved.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
I think rather than getting mad about them being one-offs you should be grateful it exists at all. I took a look at the writing myself, it's good. Something non-writers don't appreciate is how difficult it is to make satisfying repeatable content that doesn't come off as generic. Often the best solution is to just make it not repeatable. It's not just "more writing", it's more work in every aspect. When you include choices that matter in the mix as well, it gets complex to the point of near-impossibility, especially when it's done for free; there's no way I'd ever bother with that bullshit without being paid.

There's no point in declaring this a 'waste' or that you knew it would happen. I understand your disappointment but sometimes just shutting up instead of voicing it is the best course of action. No author is happy to come and read "Oh I thought it was good but it could have been so much better!". At what point will you be satisfied? When every NPC involved is a fully-fledged repeatable character that responds to your choices? Writing ONE of those takes a lot of time and effort. Just be happy with what you got.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Disappointed? Nope! I'm incredibly happy with the taur-desiring taur lady (considering she's the only one I was genuinely interested in, personally) and while I'd love to have a mildly adjusted "do-over" button, it's fine. Perhaps I chose the wrong words to express that sentiment before in my excitement over a cute older leithan lady to smooch. For an (almost) one-off appearance, she's really fun and part of me did want to add to the taur population with her (and Aina and Sylvie) did want to spend more time with her, but that's neither here nor there. Because it was good!

Reactions: ShySquare

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I think rather than getting mad about them being one-offs you should be grateful it exists at all. I took a look at the writing myself, it's good. Something non-writers don't appreciate is how difficult it is to make satisfying repeatable content that doesn't come off as generic. Often the best solution is to just make it not repeatable. It's not just "more writing", it's more work in every aspect. When you include choices that matter in the mix as well, it gets complex to the point of near-impossibility, especially when it's done for free; there's no way I'd ever bother with that bullshit without being paid.

There's no point in declaring this a 'waste' or that you knew it would happen. I understand your disappointment but sometimes just shutting up instead of voicing it is the best course of action. No author is happy to come and read "Oh I thought it was good but it could have been so much better!". At what point will you be satisfied? When every NPC involved is a fully-fledged repeatable character that responds to your choices? Writing ONE of those takes a lot of time and effort. Just be happy with what you got.
Yeah, your right. I did phrase it pretty rudely. I guess im just pissed that we likely wont see any more of these characters. It's like being given a tiny slice of an amazing cake, and then being told you can only have one tiny slice every month or so. Or something like that. Whatever. Sorry for being do rude.

PrawnAbuse

Jan 30, 2022
Damn. Dude I came from the Starchild date to this hoping there would be more content or that I could repeat it, because I was just so invested. I really hope she gets more content at some point maybe even a place in the wiki.