Fallout 4 Hype

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
And I'm sure Loverslab will be hard at work making actual sex mods in the next year or two. I'll be waiting a month or two before loading a body mod, if previous Bethesda games were an indicator, there'll be more than several body mods to choose from :3.

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
Couple of hours in so far, going pretty well. Trying to play a charismatic nice guy who's nevertheless not afraid to beat your head in with a blade-encrusted tire iron if you get cheeky. 

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I love character customisation mods. Bethesda games for me is play it until I get stuck / bored then start modding it through the roof and using it as a character creator. Just making new characters all the time and dressing them up and looking at their butts.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
I try to avoid hyped games at all costs. Don't really know why, though. I played Fallout I and II and they are both awesome. PERIOD.

DragonRanger

Aug 28, 2015
I really want to get this game, but I'm woefully unfamiliar to the Fallout franchise in general.  That, and the only means I have of playing it would be an Xbox One my cousin bought for his kids.

Unicornzombie

Mar 5, 2016
I really want to get this game, but I'm woefully unfamiliar to the Fallout franchise in general.  That, and the only means I have of playing it would be an Xbox One my cousin bought for his kids.

To truly be able to enjoy any of the Bethesda's Fallout titles you need to be able to mod them so unless you have a PC don't bother. Like any Bugthesda game you have to be willing to take the good with the bad. The good, being large open world games with lots of side quests and decent character customization that make for a lots of replayability. The bad being games that are rushed into production and therefore don't usually have all of the bugs worked out of them, meaning save often or be prepared to lose a few hours of game play when the game inevitably crashes. Fallout 4 is Bugthesdas most polished product yet so it's more stable than any of it's other releases but it still had it's issues. I just got Automatron and it's been fun, the quest line was pretty short but the buildable bots thing more than makes up for it.

Blackened Angel

Mar 25, 2016
To truly be able to enjoy any of the Bethesda's Fallout titles you need to be able to mod them so unless you have a PC don't bother.

You do know that they said they would make installing mods in console versions possible so long as they used the same script already in vanilla, right? Since PC, Xbone and PS4 all have a very similar file indexing system, unlike the PS3's wedding cake multi-layered hard drive.

Then again, it also took them three years to get the Skyrim DLCs working on the PS3 version, and it was mostly some Sonywizards actually working on it, because as we all know by now, Bethesda loves giving people a bugriddled blank slate so their fans will patch and add what they should've added in the first place while they sit on a couch scratching their nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
You do know that they said they would make installing mods in console versions possible so long as they used the same script already in vanilla, right? Since PC, Xbone and PS4 all have a very similar file indexing system, unlike the PS3's wedding cake multi-layered hard drive.

Then again, it also took them three years to get the Skyrim DLCs working on the PS3 version, and it was mostly some Sonywizards actually working on it, because as we all know by now, Bethesda loves giving people a bugriddled blank slate so their fans will patch and add what they should've added in the first place while they sit on a couch scratching their nuts.

Yet without modders Bethseda games both the Fallout and ES series wouldn't have been as popular. Great thing about the modding community is that they give a game/games a much, MUCH higher shelf life. I think it's due to this that modders and people who play with mods will just shrug and look the other way when it comes to bugs. So long as Bethseda doesn't try to pull that paid-mods fucktardness again and we all know what happened with that, modding community rebelled and the modders who bought into it hurt themselves because of it. I'm all for supporting modders and them wanting to make it a dream job where they can earn from what they make but the whole thing was a flaming ball of shit with the way it was done.

Blackened Angel

Mar 25, 2016
Yet without modders Bethseda games both the Fallout and ES series wouldn't have been as popular. Great thing about the modding community is that they give a game/games a much, MUCH higher shelf life. I think it's due to this that modders and people who play with mods will just shrug and look the other way when it comes to bugs. So long as Bethseda doesn't try to pull that paid-mods fucktardness again and we all know what happened with that, modding community rebelled and the modders who bought into it hurt themselves because of it. I'm all for supporting modders and them wanting to make it a dream job where they can earn from what they make but the whole thing was a flaming ball of shit with the way it was done.

Reminder that someone on the Steam forums called they would pull that shit when the Creation Kit dropped back in 2012 and nobody listened.

Unicornzombie

Mar 5, 2016

Oh I know about that, but it has yet to happen. Also there will be mods that consoles just won't be able to handle that PC's will.  Mods that are script heavy or have lots of high res textures, large quest mods, stuff like that won't run worth a damn on even today's consoles. Then there's the problem of how do you troubleshoot on a console. On a PC anybody who has modded Bethesda games for a while knows, where  the game folder is, has at least a rough idea of how load orders work and what to look for when your game crashes on start up. In a console, I don't think you can even get at the game folder, unless that's changed. I feel sorry for the future console modders because they're going to have to put up with headaches the PC community has already have moved beyond.

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Since I don't feel like making a brand new topic for Mods that are coming out on xbox one. I was curious if anyone who plays via Xbone have any mods that they are planning on using. I myself have 3 full pages for the 2 GB limit. Most of it survival immersion stuff.

Oh I know about that, but it has yet to happen. Also there will be mods that consoles just won't be able to handle that PC's will.  Mods that are script heavy or have lots of high res textures, large quest mods, stuff like that won't run worth a damn on even today's consoles. Then there's the problem of how do you troubleshoot on a console. On a PC anybody who has modded Bethesda games for a while knows, where  the game folder is, has at least a rough idea of how load orders work and what to look for when your game crashes on start up. In a console, I don't think you can even get at the game folder, unless that's changed. I feel sorry for the future console modders because they're going to have to put up with headaches the PC community has already have moved beyond.

All the mods are made via the PC creation kit not a separate one. The building and creating of mods is the same as it would be for PC. For loading orders most mod developers are putting great detail in there descriptions of what load order the specific mods need to be in, In conjecture of other mods. For consoles it is simple. open the mod section from the Title Screen, Download the mods, Open order list, and put everything in order that it needs to load up in.

For some console players I know it may be hard or take to getting use to for how things work with mods. Hopefully with time and enough people complaining on reddit things will get figured out for them.

Unicornzombie

Mar 5, 2016
Since I don't feel like making a brand new topic for Mods that are coming out on xbox one. I was curious if anyone who plays via Xbone have any mods that they are planning on using. I myself have 3 full pages for the 2 GB limit. Most of it survival immersion stuff.

All the mods are made via the PC creation kit not a separate one. The building and creating of mods is the same as it would be for PC. For loading orders most mod developers are putting great detail in there descriptions of what load order the specific mods need to be in, In conjecture of other mods. For consoles it is simple. open the mod section from the Title Screen, Download the mods, Open order list, and put everything in order that it needs to load up in.

For some console players I know it may be hard or take to getting use to for how things work with mods. Hopefully with time and enough people complaining on reddit things will get figured out for them.

I'm well aware of how mods are made ( in hind sight it's annoying how Bethesda put it on the PC users to make additional content for the console users), I've been modding Bethesda games on my PC for almost 10 years now. One thing I didn't foresee is the utter cesspool of piracy and trolling that Bethesda.net has needlessly become. Bethesda had a fairly solid model of what a working mod site looks like (The Nexus) when properly moderated but they chose to leave it in the hands of one man who cannot possibly moderate it all by himself. At this point it sounds like there tossing ideas around for solutions but nothing really concrete, which in turn is causing mod authors to put DRM' in their mods that can do things like bloat a players save game to the point where it's un-useable if they use a mod on console. The brickening was a hoax, the mod author even admitted that, but bloating save games with script so intertwined in to a mod they can't be removed them, that's not that hard to do. The reason the mod authors are doing this, being if someone pirates their mod over to Bethesda.net, It'll blow up in their face via a lot of angry people who downloaded the mod.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I'm well aware of how mods are made ( in hind sight it's annoying how Bethesda put it on the PC users to make additional content for the console users), I've been modding Bethesda games on my PC for almost 10 years now. One thing I didn't foresee is the utter cesspool of piracy and trolling that Bethesda.net has needlessly become. Bethesda had a fairly solid model of what a working mod site looks like (The Nexus) when properly moderated but they chose to leave it in the hands of one man who cannot possibly moderate it all by himself. At this point it sounds like there tossing ideas around for solutions but nothing really concrete, which in turn is causing mod authors to put DRM' in their mods that can do things like bloat a players save game to the point where it's un-useable if they use a mod on console. The brickening was a hoax, the mod author even admitted that, but bloating save games with script so intertwined in to a mod they can't be removed them, that's not that hard to do. The reason the mod authors are doing this, being if someone pirates their mod over to Bethesda.net, It'll blow up in their face via a lot of angry people who downloaded the mod.

So should I not use mods, seeing as I plan on getting an XboxOne at the end of July..?

From what I see here, there is nothing good to using them.

Darkfirephoenix

Oct 19, 2015
So should I not use mods, seeing as I plan on getting an XboxOne at the end of July..?

From what I see here, there is nothing good to using them.

If you would be able to get them from the Nexus there would be no problem, as Mod Authors there don't put such measures in their mods to combat piracy. But it seems you have to get the mods from the official Bethesda mod site which went to shit