Custom Shock Gear

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Oh my glob yes!!! I just found out about these and they're all I ever wanna use now, holy carp yes! I will use these to the end-game regardless of how weak they become, I love this so much!

I apologize, I just had to say that somewhere.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Oh my glob yes!!! I just found out about these and they're all I ever wanna use now, holy carp yes! I will use these to the end-game regardless of how weak they become, I love this so much!

I apologize, I just had to say that somewhere.
Apologize for what? You just spoke for like 70% of everyone on here.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I can tell that at least one of my Steeles will use it for as long as possible.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
tbh I find it incredibly underwhelming. Its basically just a hallowed out version of the gauntlet Miake was once meant to drop. I'll stick with my Emmy's Lava Saber until something genuinely better comes up.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
But can it stun?
Cause my Tech works by overclocking what is basicly a stunbatton right now and can dash out two or three different times of stun in the same swing.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Where do I get them?

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Where do I get them?
Do Shizuya stuff and ask her about her outfit, they're on the wiki. I personally refuse to use non-electric weaponry, and absolutely love hand-to-hand combat, so this weapon is the only one I'll use unless it gets a better replacement.

Reactions: Irrlicht

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Next point, having not played much recently: Where is the Shizuya stuff?

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Next point, having not played much recently: Where is the Shizuya stuff?
Oh, you need to do the Host Shukichi side quest, which has it's own post, and I think it's required to be in bondage at some point, in case that's a turnoff for some reason.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
My melee shield tech not only uses the shock gear but also her awesome yellow outfit. Combined with the Pirate shield it gives 360 points to shield for a shield tech.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I have a question that's sorta on-topic: what does "Bonus Hit Rate" do? I had assumed it was an extra attack, but I only hit twice still.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I have a question that's sorta on-topic: what does "Bonus Hit Rate" do? I had assumed it was an extra attack, but I only hit twice still.
It negates the accuracy penalty of multi-attacks, it's on things like the Secure MP or the chainguns, they typically come with the 'cannot crit' downside though.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
It negates the accuracy penalty of multi-attacks, it's on things like the Secure MP or the chainguns, they typically come with the 'cannot crit' downside though.
What melee ability adds an attack? Is it just reducing the penalty for Second Attack?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Rolled up a melee drone tech just to see what was up. The high stun chance of the CS Gear combined with drone perks and Tamwolf 2.0/Siegewulf make for a formidable combination. Drone tech is off my shitlist :p

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Rolled up a melee drone tech just to see what was up. The high stun chance of the CS Gear combined with drone perks and Tamwolf 2.0/Siegewulf make for a formidable combination. Drone tech is off my shitlist :p
It is pretty cool, even though you don't have over 300 shielding.

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
Yer the last few updates really upped techs power especially melee tech, considering that any shield HP is effectively doubled as a tech due to the -50% damage perk. Also the Custom Shock gear is only 2 point of damage less than the plasma hawk yet has a built in 25% chance to stun so yer.

EDIT:
WARNING MATH AHEAD I did some quick calculation on the EHP of a melee shield tech shield if they were using the following gear. Prototype Shield, Custom Shock Gauntlets, Shock Bow, Modded Yellow Cloths and the Jetpack it came out to 972.97297297297297297297297297297 EHP. This is without factoring in the shield recharging when enemies miss, using the shield and energy recovery skill, consumables or the 1/4 recharge on break though I did factor in dodge though the calculation won't be perfect as dodge is all or nothing but this is a general average.
The full calculation I used was 200 (Proto Shield) + 20 (Shield Tweaks) + 80 (Shield Booster) + 60 (Yellow Modded Clothing) = 360 then 360/0.5 (Enhanced Dampeners which grants a 50% vulnerability reduction to damage absorbed by your shield generator, which I took to mean half damage) = 720 then 720/((((12+4+3+10-3)/100)-1)/-1) = 972.97297297297297297297297297297 so yer. BTW the highest EHP I could get the smuggler was 816.32653061224489795918367346939 with a dodge chance of 75.5% using the Proto Shield with the jumper shield it is 714.28571428571428571428571428571 with a 86% dodge chance if I am doing both calculations correctly

Last edited:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Yer the last few updates really upped techs power especially melee tech, considering that any shield HP is effectively doubled as a tech due to the -50% damage perk. Also the Custom Shock gear is only 2 point of damage less than the plasma hawk yet has a built in 25% chance to stun so yer.
Petra's Phasic Whip is the melee Tech's top weapon, 20/20 Kinetic/Electric damage. I don't remember the flags on it, but it's pretty strong. Not to mention that Charge Weapon makes even purely Kinetic weapons deal tons of damage. But I like the Shock Gear for it's style, not to mention it has pretty good defenses. I bet it would pair well with the Warden Shield, for some "Captain UGC" combat.

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
Petra's Phasic Whip is the melee Tech's top weapon, 20/20 Kinetic/Electric damage. I don't remember the flags on it, but it's pretty strong. Not to mention that Charge Weapon makes even purely Kinetic weapons deal tons of damage. But I like the Shock Gear for it's style, not to mention it has pretty good defenses. I bet it would pair well with the Warden Shield, for some "Captain UGC" combat.
I would argue against that yes it has the highest damage in the game at 40, but it has no flags at all a -10 to evasion, while its positive stats are a 5 accuracy and 10 crit. I would much rather use the Dancing Flashblade that is 36 damage 8 accuracy 10 crit bonus and has a bonus hit rate and still does more damage than the plasma hawk with the tech energy weapon boost. Also the wiki is wrong about the whip I looked at the public code to check its stats.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I would argue against that yes it has the highest damage in the game at 40, but it has no flags at all a -10 to evasion, while its positive stats are a 5 accuracy and 10 crit. I would much rather use the Dancing Flashblade that is 36 damage 8 accuracy 10 crit bonus and has a bonus hit rate and still does more damage than the plasma hawk with the tech energy weapon boost. Also the wiki is wrong about the whip I looked at the public code to check its stats.
I had Petra's Phasic, it definitely does 20/20 for a Tech. I didn't find that the -Evasion actually hurt me at all, or that the lack of something like Stun Chance and Bonus Hit Rate were something to fret over. The 4 points of damage also aren't worth taking a weapon you don't want however, though I figured the Flashblade was more a Smuggler weapon. Either way, I'm sticking to the Shock Gear.

Shiranui

Apr 6, 2017
I had Petra's Phasic, it definitely does 20/20 for a Tech. I didn't find that the -Evasion actually hurt me at all, or that the lack of something like Stun Chance and Bonus Hit Rate were something to fret over. The 4 points of damage also aren't worth taking a weapon you don't want however, though I figured the Flashblade was more a Smuggler weapon. Either way, I'm sticking to the Shock Gear.
same I am using shock gear because I feel it's just flat out better I was just saying the "meta" weapon for tech wouldn't be the whip as while it does do 20 electric and 20 kinetic the -10 evasion and lack of any flags including energy weapon hold it back. While the flashblade is equal or better in everything but damage where it losses by 4 points to the whip. On the other hand having a stun weapon means you can regen your shield more often making tech even tankier for 15 less damage and it still has bonus hit rate and gives a +10 to health not that it is really needed.