Whoring at Beth's

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Vanae gameovers have been written, though they're less "Cpt. Steele comes to a bad end" than "Cpt. Steele decides to abandon [his] quest for a life among the vanae". They haven't been implemented yet.

As for if or when the whoring stuff makes it to the game, impossible to say. It just depends on what grabs Fenoxo's or Gedan's interest, or what they feel the game needs. Though popular demand might help things along (after all, Bess got coded).

That why people or maybe Jim itself made phase "Good End" for those outcomes since it good think in a way aside that PC no more try fullfill his father will to get over company.

I think it's exactly what Gedan or Fenoxo fell like want to code in since they our only two coders. We got...let say "tons" of writers and huge backlog of stuff, but only two people that can code it all (and one of them is writer too so that makes it all even more complicated). If any of them find this gdoc intresting it can be coded even like...in next 24hrs. It's decent writen like all Nonesuch stuff but does it already caught Gedan/Fenoxo attention?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
After talking to Reaha and Shekka, you'd expect signing a contract with Beth's to result in a bad end.

Sellesy and the rest of the whatever they are, though...? I went and re-read Anon's blurb before doing this, and pretty much the first thing that's mentioned is a number of the customers are getting blown. It never even occurred to me to use Beth's tbh. It seems really empty in comparison. Also the whole working in any with Beth, let alone signing a contract with her, as has been brought up.

You don't have to sign a contract with her, though. Ziekfried actually wrote in stuff for Beth's recently, one of whom was an actual person that just worked there without any sort of debt/contract. So the precedent's there.

Also, moving it there would help with the emptiness thing, now that Z's got some content there, too.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
It's decent writen like all Nonesuch stuff but does it already caught Gedan/Fenoxo attention?

Depends entirely on the content. Cowgirl doing penis worship on New Texas? Straight in. Bounty on something that's needed? In due course. Detailed expansion on a minor character that rubs Fen up the wrong way because reasons? Never ever. 

You don't have to sign a contract with her, though. Ziekfried actually wrote in stuff for Beth's recently, one of whom was an actual person that just worked there without any sort of debt/contract. So the precedent's there.

Also, moving it there would help with the emptiness thing, now that Z's got some content there, too.

Alright, I'll convert it across. May also write an alternative blurb for the place after you've had the Reaha conversation/the mistress has said business has picked up, so the "God there's nothing here" vibe is lost, if that's ok.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
We're all fucking shameless, it's a prerequisite for liking this filthy smut.

I realize this, its just the conservative part of my mind that says "heys your shameless, you know this right?" that makes me type that in and then there the other part of me that quite frankly, doesn't give two flying fucks and is a dirty lil slut that says "shaddup I'm fapping...." Imma very conflicted person...

Depends entirely on the content. Cowgirl doing penis worship on New Texas? Straight in. Bounty on something that's needed? In due course. Detailed expansion on a minor character that rubs Fen up the wrong way because reasons? Never ever. 

well not saying that I'm able but if i can find a way to learn how to code maybe get some practice doing it.... I'd be more then happy to inslave myself to the whims of Fen or Gedan and this wonderful project just cause i lurv it... smut is the greatest, smut dosent judge, smut never says no (unless you want it to), and smut is always there for me... however, I wouldn't even know where to start to learn how to code and im assuming its not as easy as it sounds, or at the very least is easier said than done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
May also write an alternative blurb for the place after you've had the Reaha conversation/the mistress has said business has picked up, so the "God there's nothing here" vibe is lost, if that's ok.

Sure, though I *think* that's been done as part of Z's thing. Worth checking if you haven't since it was added.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
It still feels fairly empty, if only because all the new stuff is hidden behind the mistress, so when you enter there's just one option.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ironically now with Beth's place again filled with new npc's old plan for grabbing Sera onboard seems outdated since there are no chance to change Beth's place into that two aliens place that allowed enslave Sera. Still cool thing that Beth's will be filled withmore npc's that will make people visit it for more than grabbing Reaha to our merry crew.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Ironically now with Beth's place again filled with new npc's old plan for grabbing Sera onboard seems outdated since there are no chance to change Beth's place into that two aliens place that allowed enslave Sera. Still cool thing that Beth's will be filled withmore npc's that will make people visit it for more than grabbing Reaha to our merry crew.

That bit was more or less window dressing anyway. It'd be a minor adjustment to have the Sentient Acquisitions fitted to another spot on the ever-expanding Tavros Station, were there a chance of any of it ever making it in the game.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
That bit was more or less window dressing anyway. It'd be a minor adjustment to have the Sentient Acquisitions fitted to another spot on the ever-expanding Tavros Station, were there a chance of any of it ever making it in the game.

Yeah, exactly. Would take even less effort to repurpose that as it did to repurpose this. It's not the part I am most anxious to get into the game anyway.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yarr with recent expand of merchant floor it will have much spare space to fit it somewhere as long orginal plan of adding Sentient Acquisitions is worked on (still - think it was many months since I heard anything about it). Hmm window dressing as adding more npc to Beth's or other thing you meant this?

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
"Window dressing" as "superficial detail".

How the fuck do you format posts on this forum? I didn't want to quote anyone.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Oh ok I get it now (derpy my mind). You just delate anything before "Window dressing" to get rid of quoting. Or eventual copy part of post you want keep and paste it after marking whole post. Both way I think quoting should be gone (and probably it some artifact after you was writing post - that empty quotes - yeah this forum got it quirks one need used to ^^).

Ohh SA is your not Couch writing None?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Sorry, what?  You'll need to restate that.

Ohhh Sentient Acquisitions is your stuff Nonesuch not stuff written by Couch? (I hope now my question makes more sense)

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Ohhh Sentient Acquisitions is your stuff Nonesuch not stuff written by Couch? (I hope now my question makes more sense)

Better.

And no, it's not mine.  The only Sera-related thing I ever did was write the demon transformative Lethizyte, which was scrapped when I later found out that Nonesuch had already written the near-identical Lucifier.

TheInfamousImmortal

Aug 27, 2015
Better.

And no, it's not mine.  The only Sera-related thing I ever did was write the demon transformative Lethizyte, which was scrapped when I later found out that Nonesuch had already written the near-identical Lucifier.

Wow that sucks.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Not really?  It was only scrapped because they did exactly the same things and would be redundant.  Nonesuch was given the Lethizyte doc to take the 2-3 unique things it did and stick them in Lucifier.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Not really?  It was only scrapped because they did exactly the same things and would be redundant.  Nonesuch was given the Lethizyte doc to take the 2-3 unique things it did and stick them in Lucifier.

Which is one of the reasons I really want that part to get into the game, even if it's just the TFs. As stands I cockblocked Couch for no reason.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I currently have this entire event coded/plotted out, but I have not yet implemented it to the game engine. I am planning on asking Fenoxo if I can incorporate it into a pull request after I go over it to make sure there are no glaring typos that may cause bugs.

Changes/Omissions from the original document are:

• Disabling the whoring event during the brothel mistress's sleeping hours (between 06:00 to 10:00). Since there is no alternate dialogue and Steele has to revisit her after the whoring, I assume it would get annoying by constantly waking her up.
  • The "Beth’s extra blurb" was just a slight alteration of what is already displayed in the 12:00 and 15:00 hours in the environment, so I included it as a variant blurb that will display at a 1/2 chance to the other one.
  • Steele's sexiness is also dependent on status effects and equipped weapons/accessories, so I limited the measurements to only clothing items (armor, and lower and upper undergarments)--the limits remained unchanged though.
  • Low/High yield was not defined in the document, so I made it compare the "total" value to the "base" value, and if what's totaled is less than or equal to the base, it will be considered as a low yield.
  • The "Jaded" effect will disable the whoring event for the duration it is active, but the stat effects are omitted for simplicity. Besides, if the effect lasts for 6 hours, and ship travel from the hanger usually takes a minimum of 10 hours, the debuffs would have worn off before getting to the nearest common hostile encounter.
  • Additionally disabling the whoring event if Steele is "Sore". Meaning, sleep before going out whoring because being too tired to do anything really sucks...
  • Some minor typos/rewording. (There are no such things as [pc.lowerBody], [pc.anus] and [pc.femcum] as parsers!)
  • There was a load of repeat text, so I broke the events up into a list of main text and each freelance and contract event will pull the text from that list and attach any unique ending blurbs--functionally it's a little different from the document, but it should print out more or less the same text.
  • I haven't put it in yet, but I'm thinking about limiting the Hands/Mouth/Vagina/Everything/Rooms into a kind of unlocking hierarchy, where it takes a certain amount of whoring to unlock each one. Like Hands and Mouth are available at start, but after a certain amount, Vagina will unlock, then Everything, then Rooms (where necessary). Any suggestions on the exact number of whoring would be good if you like this to be implemented.
  • Suggestions for exhibitionism gain would also be helpful if that is necessary.
If I get the green light for this, hopefully it'll be up for the next build.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
  • Disabling the whoring event during the brothel mistress's sleeping hours (between 06:00 to 10:00). Since there is no alternate dialogue and Steele has to revisit her after the whoring, I assume it would get annoying by constantly waking her up.
  • The "Beth’s extra blurb" was just a slight alteration of what is already displayed in the 12:00 and 15:00 hours in the environment, so I included it as a variant blurb that will display at a 1/2 chance to the other one.
  • Steele's sexiness is also dependent on status effects and equipped weapons/accessories, so I limited the measurements to only clothing items (armor, and lower and upper undergarments)--the limits remained unchanged though.
  • Low/High yield was not defined in the document, so I made it compare the "total" value to the "base" value, and if what's totaled is less than or equal to the base, it will be considered as a low yield.
  • The "Jaded" effect will disable the whoring event for the duration it is active, but the stat effects are omitted for simplicity. Besides, if the effect lasts for 6 hours, and ship travel from the hanger usually takes a minimum of 10 hours, the debuffs would have worn off before getting to the nearest common hostile encounter.
  • Additionally disabling the whoring event if Steele is "Sore". Meaning, sleep before going out whoring because being too tired to do anything really sucks...
  • Some minor typos/rewording. (There are no such things as [pc.lowerBody], [pc.anus] and [pc.femcum] as parsers!)
  • There was a load of repeat text, so I broke the events up into a list of main text and each freelance and contract event will pull the text from that list and attach any unique ending blurbs--functionally it's a little different from the document, but it should print out more or less the same text.
  • I haven't put it in yet, but I'm thinking about limiting the Hands/Mouth/Vagina/Everything/Rooms into a kind of unlocking hierarchy, where it takes a certain amount of whoring to unlock each one. Like Hands and Mouth are available at start, but after a certain amount, Vagina will unlock, then Everything, then Rooms (where necessary). Any suggestions on the exact number of whoring would be good if you like this to be implemented.
  • Suggestions for exhibitionism gain would also be helpful if that is necessary.
If I get the green light for this, hopefully it'll be up for the next build.

• Fine. Didn't even know she could go missing.
  • I'd prefer it to take up a larger part of the day, but w/e. I'll leave that judgment to someone who's clearly looked at the place closer than I have.
  • That was what I intended, yes.
  • Seems like a reasonable enough formula. Note there's no "low yield" text for "Everything", because I didn't really like belabouring the PC after that one. If your heirarchy of actions thing gets in this can also be construed as Kat realising you're not going to bimbo yourself up no matter how many times she asks.
  • Unless teleportation gets in. But yeah, fair enough. Also maybe should be removed if the PC sleeps on their ship.
  • Yep fine.
  • They're all tags that, if they truly don't exist, should exist. SYSTEM'S WRONG NOT ME.
  • It was clearer to me to copy those scenes again and consider what differences there would be separately, rather than mesh them altogether. Difference between writing and coding I guess.
  • This is a cool idea that almost makes me want to go back and rewrite things so there's more emphasis on Kat pressuring you to do increasingly more shameless things. It also makes sense that the other girls would likely not allow you to get in on the lucrative room deals until you became a regular. The only doubt in my mind about it is that it does shoehorn the PC into having a particular behaviour pattern - that is, they're not allowed to start off not having a problem with doing "Everything". Going to put some suggestions up for this below.
  • Don't really know how exhibitionism works as a mechanic (not my thing). A small exhibitionist gain for every scene seems the thing to do, leave it to your own discretion.

Heirarchy Suggestions

Don't want to drag this out for the PC too much, so 2 uses of Hands to unlock Mouth, 2 uses of Mouth to unlock Vag, 2 uses of Vag to unlock Everything. Same number on the Licensed side.

New action unlocked text (add to bottom of scene): <b>There's potential to earn more this way - but you're going to have to offer a little more...</b>

Will the buttons be ghosted, or will they just appear? Think appearing is probably better.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
  • Seems like a reasonable enough formula. Note there's no "low yield" text for "Everything", because I didn't really like belabouring the PC after that one. If your heirarchy of actions thing gets in this can also be construed as Kat realising you're not going to bimbo yourself up no matter how many times she asks.
  • Unless teleportation gets in. But yeah, fair enough. Also maybe should be removed if the PC sleeps on their ship.
  • They're all tags that, if they truly don't exist, should exist. SYSTEM'S WRONG NOT ME.
  • This is a cool idea that almost makes me want to go back and rewrite things so there's more emphasis on Kat pressuring you to do increasingly more shameless things. It also makes sense that the other girls would likely not allow you to get in on the lucrative room deals until you became a regular. The only doubt in my mind about it is that it does shoehorn the PC into having a particular behaviour pattern - that is, they're not allowed to start off not having a problem with doing "Everything". Going to put some suggestions up for this below.
  • Don't really know how exhibitionism works as a mechanic (not my thing). A small exhibitionist gain for every scene seems the thing to do, leave it to your own discretion.

• Yea, there seems to be Low Yield text blurbs for all of the events, it's just whether or not she gives specific advice at the end or not--but it should follow very closely to how you outlined in the document.
  • I've also considered this. No worries though, the values are saved into the status effect itself, it's just that none of them are hooked into the stats (physique and reflexes are easy to hook, but lust resistance may require a bit of doing since it's not a flat value but a collection of values).
  • For lowerBody, I just replaced it with "lower body"; and for anus and femcum, those are replaced with their equivalents: asshole and girlcum, respectively. I can see the last two being added into the parser list, but lowerBody may need a list of descriptors to automagically parse from.
  • I thought so too when I was looking over the all the bits and figured it may work better as a progressive achievement than just diving right in willy nilly. Adding extra blurbs for encouragement may help, but I do agree we shouldn't have overly restrictive requirements.
  • I'll try to add minor exhibitionism gains where necessary as it seems very scene-dependent (some scenes involve a mass of strangers, some are one-on-one private sessions).

Heirarchy Suggestions

Don't want to drag this out for the PC too much, so 2 uses of Hands to unlock Mouth, 2 uses of Mouth to unlock Vag, 2 uses of Vag to unlock Everything. Same number on the Licensed side.

New action unlocked text (add to bottom of scene): <b>There's potential to earn more this way - but you're going to have to offer a little more...</b>

Will the buttons be ghosted, or will they just appear? Think appearing is probably better.
Okay, I added the limitations. I also added in a blurb for if Steele is not experienced enough to whore, the mistress will restrict signing the contract for a license. To get passed this, Steele can either freelance until the mouth option is unlocked and doing that scene at least once, or have at least level 1 in tease across all the body parts. If this is too restrictive, I can change it back to being able to sign at any time, but I figured they are simple enough prerequisites to gain some trust and good rep with the mistress before pussy pushing all over the place.

And in the case there is ever a deeper system under this, there are alternate blurbs for when Steele turns up with no earnings--however, this scene will probably never be seen unless there is some kind of failing condition or unknown whoring scene that leads to 0 earnings.

Nah, the buttons won't be ghosted--they'll just appear on the menu as they unlock. The last-most freelance option will also encourage Steele to take up a license.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
With permission, this has now been incorporated in the pull request (#470). Feel free to let me know if it requires any edits while it's sitting there.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
There is one, actually. I forgot to clear out the mistress telling you to get a license in her low yield talk whilst you are licensed in a few instances. Don't know if you picked up on that.

Otherwise can't think of any. I mean as you've touched on there's plenty more scope for this project - I could happily dream up room specials and other "Everything" scenes pretty much forever, and the way the thing is designed now is crying out for a permanent contract bad end - but Jim's dibsied giving prostitution a "proper" treatment and I need to go back to paying projects now.

Thank you for doing this and putting so much thought into it, I reiterate that you are a very cool guy.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
There is one, actually. I forgot to clear out the mistress telling you to get a license in her low yield talk whilst you are licensed in a few instances. Don't know if you picked up on that.

K, got 'em--thanks for pointing that out.

Thank you for doing this and putting so much thought into it, I reiterate that you are a very cool guy.

No prob, glad I could help!

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015

Steele being "Sweaty" could reduce the income if the customer doesn't like it (or maybe he does?). Beth could say something about it.

Just throwing some ideas.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Steele being "Sweaty" could reduce the income if the customer doesn't like it (or maybe he does?). Beth could say something about it.

Just throwing some ideas.

When I was putting together the event, I thought of this too. I could add that into the calculations, sure, but the only thing is that while sweat affects overall sexiness, some of the clients may find it sexy instead of disgusting, so I just left it ambiguous. I can add extra tipping/retractions for clients that may favor certain conditions (not just sweat, but also anatomy size, lust/libido, etc.) that will add on to the base price (the way I organized the scenes should allow for that), but I'll need a list of what each scene can add bonuses/deductions to and any extra blurbs they might have to indicate that condition.

Kiwirar

Oct 13, 2015
Is this something that the PC can just button mash/abuse for cash? Or will there be a cooldown timer until you can be used again?