[Patreon] Trapchat - Visual Novel

Pholo

Aug 14, 2017
France
www.patreon.com
Hi guys this is Impersonal Studio's latest game! We just released it, come and try it out on Patreon :)

c71IkWx.jpg

It is chapter based, and I would like to describe that information a bit more for you all to know what to expect. You are using an app to chat with multiple characters and to fool them into giving personal informations about their lives (photos, location, secrets...).

Each month we are going to release a full chapter on our game. After the Chapter II release Patrons will be able to vote for future mini games, and also characters that they want to see as "extra quests".

Download links here:

Trapchat x64 Windows

Trapchat x86 Windows

Trapchat x64 Linux

Trapchat x86 Linux

Chapter I is about 30 minutes gameplay with multiple endings!
Be aware that this is a casual adult game.

Last edited:

Jash

Oct 8, 2015
From the description, it doesn't seem to be about Traps, but about actually "trapping" people by tricking them. In adult game circles, the first thing people will think about when they hear the word "trap" is femboys. You should keep that in mind, because it creates expectations which can be misleading.

Reactions: Tinman and Pholo

Pholo

Aug 14, 2017
France
www.patreon.com
From the description, it doesn't seem to be about Traps, but about actually "trapping" people by tricking them. In adult game circles, the first thing people will think about when they hear the word "trap" is femboys. You should keep that in mind, because it creates expectations which can be misleading.

I understand your concern, but we all know about Twitter. If you on only kept Twit you wouldn't get the same meaning either :)

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
I was definitely expecting a game about seducing traps through text/IM. That said, I'd still like to try it but your dropbox link is disabled for too much traffic. You may want to upload to other sites as well as a backup.

Pholo

Aug 14, 2017
France
www.patreon.com
I was definitely expecting a game about seducing traps through text/IM. That said, I'd still like to try it but your dropbox link is disabled for too much traffic. You may want to upload to other sites as well as a backup.

Hi sorry for the delay, we have just fixed the links, the game is up on Mega :)

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
This game somehow manages to be both slow and fast. A single run through can be completed in about 15 minutes, but a good chunk of that time is waiting for other people to reply. This is great for immersion the first time and becomes a nuisance when trying out different paths to see all the endings. As a result it feels very slow when playing and risks becoming boring. It's fast in that Tiffany is sending you nudes on the third conversation despite not knowing who you are at the beginning. And then the game ends without going any farther, which feels quite abrupt. It seems to me like there should be something at the beginning where the MC meets Kuno, and an ending where he either plans what to do with the photos or tries to talk Tiffany into sending something more explicit. Something to review unlocked photos/endings would also be nice since there are multiple routes.

And what does the heart icon do? I moused over it and saw a question mark. Clicking didn't seem to do anything.

Some pros so that this post isn't all negative. The art isn't bad, and some of it is pretty hot. Especially in context. The speed of progress will make this a great casual fap game once there's more content. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other girls look like in future chapters. In spite of the sudden escalation of photos, the conversations also feel fairly realistic. This helps with immersion and makes this a pretty good minimalist VN.

Pholo

Aug 14, 2017
France
www.patreon.com
This game somehow manages to be both slow and fast. A single run through can be completed in about 15 minutes, but a good chunk of that time is waiting for other people to reply. This is great for immersion the first time and becomes a nuisance when trying out different paths to see all the endings. As a result it feels very slow when playing and risks becoming boring. It's fast in that Tiffany is sending you nudes on the third conversation despite not knowing who you are at the beginning. And then the game ends without going any farther, which feels quite abrupt. It seems to me like there should be something at the beginning where the MC meets Kuno, and an ending where he either plans what to do with the photos or tries to talk Tiffany into sending something more explicit. Something to review unlocked photos/endings would also be nice since there are multiple routes.

And what does the heart icon do? I moused over it and saw a question mark. Clicking didn't seem to do anything.

Some pros so that this post isn't all negative. The art isn't bad, and some of it is pretty hot. Especially in context. The speed of progress will make this a great casual fap game once there's more content. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other girls look like in future chapters. In spite of the sudden escalation of photos, the conversations also feel fairly realistic. This helps with immersion and makes this a pretty good minimalist VN.

Hi,

I'm pleased to read that you like the art.
Things cannot go further with Tiffany because this chapter is more of an introduction to the concept of the game.
Chapter one is the first part of a much longer story and all the characters that you will meet are somehow related to you (the player).
Expect them in the next chapters where you will progressively learn more about them.

I hear you on the gameplay itself but it has to stay slow for immersion, the thing we are going to improve though is that ending/photo review.
With the next chapter you will be able to review your result and be able to keep on going through the progression.
Also this wont be a casual fap game, with the context, we often try to give the player the opportunity to masturbate but this is not the only reaction we are targetting here.

And the heart icon is an element of gameplay that isn't directly related to the game :)

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Interesting game, certainly not what I expected, when I first downloaded it I thought it was gonna be like one of those games where you would have to actually write a response, those games were fun but a little frustrating when you were trying to find the right phrasing of the sentence that the bot would understand. When I saw this game had preregistered chats I was disappointed, but soon enough I was okay with it.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, but I do have some concerns I would like to share, first of all, is that sometimes when you respond, because it only shows you 1 or 2 words of what you are about to say, you can click it and then your character goes on to say something you really didn't expect or want, it would be nice if when you moused over a chat choice it showed you what you will say in full so you aren't left with an unexpected and unpleasant response that you didn't mean after playing for an hour.

The other thing is, I have to agree with Tinman that while the waiting time is immersive, it is very time consuming when you are wanting to explore different avenues, but I also understand that you want to keep the immersion. What I would like to suggest, is maybe once you complete the game (or the demo) for the first time, then allow them to turn on an option to speed up the game, where the contacts reply instantly so that running the game for a second or third time can be faster.

One last thing, that music in the like text-based cutscenes, that was dark. I feel like this game is going to get very dark and very sinister very fast...but I guess we will see :p

Good luck with the game, I'll keep an eye on this, I never become a patron of a project this early on, but if I see commitment from you to keep updating it, then I'm sure I'll see you on Patreon soon :)

Reactions: Pholo

Pholo

Aug 14, 2017
France
www.patreon.com
Interesting game, certainly not what I expected, when I first downloaded it I thought it was gonna be like one of those games where you would have to actually write a response, those games were fun but a little frustrating when you were trying to find the right phrasing of the sentence that the bot would understand. When I saw this game had preregistered chats I was disappointed, but soon enough I was okay with it.

Overall, I enjoyed the game, but I do have some concerns I would like to share, first of all, is that sometimes when you respond, because it only shows you 1 or 2 words of what you are about to say, you can click it and then your character goes on to say something you really didn't expect or want, it would be nice if when you moused over a chat choice it showed you what you will say in full so you aren't left with an unexpected and unpleasant response that you didn't mean after playing for an hour.

The other thing is, I have to agree with Tinman that while the waiting time is immersive, it is very time consuming when you are wanting to explore different avenues, but I also understand that you want to keep the immersion. What I would like to suggest, is maybe once you complete the game (or the demo) for the first time, then allow them to turn on an option to speed up the game, where the contacts reply instantly so that running the game for a second or third time can be faster.

One last thing, that music in the like text-based cutscenes, that was dark. I feel like this game is going to get very dark and very sinister very fast...but I guess we will see :p

Good luck with the game, I'll keep an eye on this, I never become a patron of a project this early on, but if I see commitment from you to keep updating it, then I'm sure I'll see you on Patreon soon :)

Hi, we are correcting the response system so the player can see what he will be writing before sending :)
No more unexpected messages!

We will also think of a way to speed up things for the players that want to try all the path with a quicker approach, we understand the possible frustration, fixing that soon too.

And the story may get dark as you go thought the chapters, but don't worry you will always find a rewarding moment for you to relax ;)

Thank you for following our game, hoping that you will enjoy what's coming! :p