Favourite Pokemon Game

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
The question is.....What is your favourite Pokémon game.

Mine is emerald. To this day, they haven't made any as good attempts of the Battle Frontier from this game, which was my favourite part.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Platinum. Loved the story, the setting, the legendaries. The music, dear god, the music...

Haven't played anything from 5th gen and beyond.

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Without a doubt Poke'mon Crystal is my favorite with Poke'mon Red a close second.

October

Aug 29, 2015
Setting nostalgia aside is impossible for this.

Gold. It'll always be Gold. You get to explore 2 regions! I don't think they've replicated this in any versions.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
That was the main reason why I cried when Iwata died-he directly contributed to make my life happier by fiddling with the game code and cram Kanto.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
To me it´s gotta be Sapphire. It was my first pokemon game, so of course I bonded with it greatly. I wish I could find it again ;-;

Taboo-Sho

Sep 9, 2015
OH GODS I cant choose...I am gonna have to go with Omega Ruby, the most recent, I love the new online base trading system, Online trading itself (Minus the 4 year olds asking for legendry's for a fucking weedle), I hope if we get a diamond/Pearl/plat remake they add Online Spelunking.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Gold. I left my heart in Johto. Ruby is second because it's where I found my favorite pokemon: Absol.

Graav

Aug 26, 2015
Italy
Pokemon Blue/Red because Red and Blue are the best pokemon trainer in the world ahahah

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
HeartGold, I've put more time into that game than any other pokemon game.

Zaku

Aug 28, 2015
Sapphire was my first, and will always have a special place in my heart. Pearl and Platinum were a lot of fun too, that was the first time the bad guys seemed menacing. I loved the layout of Black and White, and revisiting the same world again in Black/White 2 was fantastic. First time we really got to see the after effects of our actions. Kalos is awesome. Oh, and the remakes of the older ones are pretty good too.

Right, have to pick one. Hmm.

I'd say it's a tie between Platinum and Alpha Sapphire. Alpha Sapphire provokes the same feelings of nostalgia as Sapphire does, but it's more fun to play. I really loved the story in Platinum and the underground, which I spent many hours playing in with my brother. I hope they bring that back if/when they remake it.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Silver immediately came to mind, though I'm not sure why. Yellow's a close second though, mostly for being my first entry in the series.

Venithil

Dec 20, 2015
Soul Silver, closely followed by Emerald and Fire Red for the join 2nd place.

Yeah. I'm a sucker for the older ones, but an even greater for their improved remakes. Sue me.

Last edited by a moderator:

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
SoulSilver for me. Blue is a close second aaand I guess ruby would be third.

Ryno4ever

Jan 8, 2016
Old school Pokemon yellow version. Can't be beat.

But I am also playing Omega Ruby now.

Kuromu

Jan 5, 2016
I'm gonna be the weird one apparently and say X and Y. Trainer appearance customization, being able to actually play with your Pokemon, and the new EV training app was the greatest introduction to Pokemon. 

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Um... I just bough (a used) version of red and I have to say it is pretty awesome, so I have to overhaul my previous comment and say... oh my god that makes me sound like a genwunner, and most of those are awful people, at least on youtube, but gen one simply has the greatest feel to it. imo of course.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
I haven't played since gold and silver, so those. They just dont let me play Pokemon any more, most people give up the second they see my team.

fm8ARKW.jpg

LOL, Mamono hijack.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
So far X and Y for the customizable trainers. But Pokemon GO will probably become my new fave.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Pokemon Y is my favorite because it allowed me to do the easy EV training, and I finally found out about IVs (and they provided an easy way to check if they have Perfect IVs or not). The 3D models remind me of playing Pokemon Colosseum as a child, and the ability to easily interact with people far and wide with new features like the Player Search System and Wonder Trade just made the difference. Also, Yveltal looks badass. ;)

AzuraBayta

Apr 11, 2016
Definitely gotta be X/Y for me. I really fell out of Pokémon during the 4th and 5th gens, and I basically only played Soul Silver in that time.

I don't know what it is about the 6th gen. Maybe it was just the desperately needed graphical upgrade, maybe it was the customizable player characters, maybe it was that I liked the Pokémon designs themselves, I don't know. It was just a thoroughly enjoyable game for me.