Holiday mode

SirBeans

Aug 8, 2017
So I know that toggling silly mode on gives access to the 4th of July and Thanksgiving encounters, but doesn't give access to the Halloween or Christmas content.

I'm asking how hard would it be to add a "Festive/Holiday mode" or something to the game?

(Yes I know that you can change your computer time/date to access the events.)

adev

Apr 27, 2017
Since it's *cheat on* holiday season here's a present for you ...

Code:
--- classes/GameData/GameOptions.as   Mon Feb 05 22:54:00 2018
+++ classes/GameData/GameOptions.as   Tue Feb 13 16:15:20 2018
@@ -17,6 +17,7 @@
             bustFallbacks = true;
             easyMode = false;
             sillyMode = false;
+           seasonalCheetings = false;
             debugMode = false;
             fontSize = 18;
             combineDamageValueOutput = false;
@@ -57,6 +58,9 @@

// Silly
         public var sillyMode:Boolean;
+       
+       // Seasonal content
+       public var seasonalCheetings:Boolean;

// Text Settings

--- classes/UIComponents/ContentModules/OptionsModule.as   Mon Feb 05 22:54:02 2018
+++ classes/UIComponents/ContentModules/OptionsModule.as   Tue Feb 13 16:31:21 2018
@@ -75,6 +75,7 @@
         private function BuildControls():void
         {
             addMultiToggleControl("Toggle game difficulty and content.", "Easy Mode", "easyMode", "Silly Mode", "sillyMode");
+           addMultiToggleControl("Seasonal content control.", "Override", "seasonalCheetings", null, null);
             addMultiToggleControl("Toggle damage output display styles.", "Combine Damage", "combineDamageValueOutput", "Color Damage", "colourDamageValueOutput");
             addMultiToggleControl("Toggle save notes and file overwrite prompt.", "Save Notes", "saveNotesToggle", "Overwrite Prompt", "overwriteToggle");
             addMultiToggleControl("Toggle author visibility and vendor handling.", "Scene By", "authorToggle", "Buy/Sell Prompt", "vendorToggle");
--- includes/game.as   Mon Feb 05 22:54:03 2018
+++ includes/game.as   Tue Feb 13 16:18:35 2018
@@ -3760,18 +3760,18 @@
 // checkDate(day:int, month:int, dayRange:int)
 public function isEaster():Boolean
 {
-   return checkDate(16, 4, 2);
+   return kGAMECLASS.gameOptions.seasonalCheetings || checkDate(16, 4, 2);
 }
 public function isNearlyJulyFourth():Boolean
 {
-   return checkDate(4, 7, 7);
+   return kGAMECLASS.gameOptions.seasonalCheetings || checkDate(4, 7, 7);
 }
 public function isHalloweenish():Boolean
 {
-   return checkDate(29, 10, 10);
+   return kGAMECLASS.gameOptions.seasonalCheetings || checkDate(29, 10, 10);
 }
 public function isChristmas():Boolean
 {
-   return checkDate(25, 12, 8);
+   return kGAMECLASS.gameOptions.seasonalCheetings || checkDate(25, 12, 8);
 }

Reactions: Coalsack and Zavos

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Since it's *cheat on* holiday season here's a present for you ...
Thanks for the suggestion.

I've added a similar system though with some more nuanced options. It isn't accessible in the options however, and should be accessed via typing in "tistheseason". This will open up a menu and the player can choose which holiday to toggle as "Always On", "Always Off", or "Automatic". By default, all seasonal events are on Automatic. The edit may show up in the next release.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
That sounds a lot nicer than my minimal implementation, but also a lot more involved than the 7 lines of code I had to change :)

so :thumbs up: (even though I generally prefer the options menu over typing some obscure secret code - keyboard use should make things faster and easier not slower and more complicated)

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Will this be available on mobile? It would be absolutely AMAZING.
If using mobile, it should activate the same way as how the other game codes work, by using the text input (like with V-Ko's custom input). After the code is entered, when exiting back to the main menu, the cheat should reveal itself if the code matched.

(even though I generally prefer the options menu over typing some obscure secret code - keyboard use should make things faster and easier not slower and more complicated)
I agree. Maybe there will be a way to access a button-based cheat menu directly in the future, but for now I'll leave it as is.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
If using mobile, it should activate the same way as how the other game codes work, by using the text input (like with V-Ko's custom input). After the code is entered, when exiting back to the main menu, the cheat should reveal itself if the code matched.
Thank you!

Reactions: Xanfaus

Ranma

Mar 26, 2016
I thought turning on Silly mode gave a rare chance of you getting the invite to go to Poe A, was i wrong or was it just changed?

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I thought turning on Silly mode gave a rare chance of you getting the invite to go to Poe A, was i wrong or was it just changed?
Poe A was never for silly mode, just a rare chance out of season. The only "holiday" thing the silly mode is Freedom Bison, usually 4th of July.